Thread: t180 motor wire shortening

Default t180 motor wire shortening

I've been trying to figure out a way to fit the t180 into a tight fit in my mm build and whilst playing around with a few ideas, I found that the female EC5 connectors fit perfectly (after a clean up with a file) onto the wire attachment fitting that come on the t180. I unsoldered the wires, and soldered on the ec5's, now it fit's like a glove. I'm only putting this up here to hopefully help anyone who might be in the same position at some point and this might come in handy.
    Before soldering

After soldering

Heat shrink

Now fitted

another fitted, I'm nearly ready to hook up some batteries, calibrate, program and bash this little beast

I hope this will help someone down the track.
    Danny
    Last edited by millzee; 08-23-2011 at 01:48 AM.

I take it from the overwhelming responce, this has been done before?

first i have seen of it.

looks very nice and will probably use that tip on a new future project.

thanks very much.

I've never had the need bit great idea

I didnt need the wiring idea but i sure like how you have it plumbed!
    Thanks for posting..
    Aeromarine Challenger,Warehouse hobbies Man O War, Traxxas Blast Rescue Rig, AQ UL-1 Yellow, BE REVO,T-Maxx, Vorza, Baja5B, and the latest addition Baja5T, Wife's gunna keel mee!

Great idea Millzee!

Thanks guy's, I hope it'll come in handy for you

Does the T180 come with 6 caps now? Or did you ad them on?

I added three more

Take it to the next level by cleaning up the water inlets/outlets. Works great for squeezing into tunnels or riggers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Take it to the next level by cleaning up the water inlets/outlets. Works great for squeezing into tunnels or riggers
    I love it, so much more compact, I'll take a look at it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Now we're talkin'....... perfect fit! Almost as if it was made for a tunnel. Thanks Tony!

After now setting the electronics up in my boat, I've spent hours trying to calibrate the esc and had no success, I'll now have to go through the calibration process each time I run the boat. A wise man informed me that by adding the bullets directly to the board, I may have damaged a memory chip.(Thanks Mate)

I'll be happy for this thread to just disappear, I don't want to look back in a few year and be reminded how stupid I was
    Last edited by millzee; 08-23-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millzee View Post
    Don't try this mod at home

After now setting the electronics up in my boat, I've spent hours trying to calibrate the esc and had no success, I'll now have to go through the calibration process each time I run the boat. A wise man informed me that by adding the bullets directly to the board, I may have damaged a memory chip.(Thanks Mate)

I'll be happy for this thread to just disappear, I don't want to look back in a few year and be reminded how stupid I was
    Hmmm.... Seems that Steve L. did that mod to the T-180 in his spec FE 30 and had a complete meltdown of the speedy and motor at the last race although everything was seemingly installed with precision. You may be on to something here !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I'd suggest going back to the first post in the thread and placing the big warning there too....just to make sure everyone sees it. Sorry you found out the hard way!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks for taking one for the team..............

I'm sorry if my ignorance and lack of knowledge has mislead anyone, I'll be sure to test things through better before starting any threads in the future.

Make sure your esc still returns to neural when losing signal. After programming mode, all of my 180's default to full throttle when signal is lost. To test, simply turn your controller off at 1/4 throttle (out of the water). The only way you can avoid this is to turn your esc off and back on after programming.

Quote Originally Posted by millzee View Post

ALL GOOD, TURNS OUT IT WAS THE RX
    After having a lot of trouble calirating a sf200 with the same rx, I've discovered that this esc is fine, it was the receiver the whole time
    I've just calibrated the esc successfully with three different receivers and they all work properly 1st time. This is great news for me, I can feel like I finally had something I've tried go right for me

Great news there....................i was unsure about it messing up the programming.........didnt seem right.

BTW, what would we all do without T180's.........???? We'd be SOL for a $77 180a 6s ESC thats for sure...............great speedo's!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=