Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Proboat Impulse 31" Deep Vee

Quote Originally Posted by lectriglide View Post
    Did anyone else notice the Properchopper style battery holder!!
    "Used with permission, all rights reserved"!!

I talked to Tony about this and he loved the idea... I tried to get ProBoat to name it the "ProperLipo-Holder"... didn't fly!

It's a good idea that is nice insurance against the batteries popping the hatch in a flip.

By the way, when it flips... this boat does SPECTACULAR flips! Especially when it's approaching 70!

Ron... the motor was a Losi Xcelorin 1/8th Scale Buggy Motor, 2400KV, with 4S2P, a Hydra 240, and an ABC 42x55 prop.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

maybe 5s2p with a M445 prop on the stock electronics could be mocho!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

This came out JUST in Time!!!/......I was going to get the Pursuit...BUT not no more!!!......This bad boy is ON ORDER!!!
    Spektrum Radios
    Proboat "Impulse" 31 Deep-V
    Proboat "Mystic" (On the list!)

I have 2 of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11940
    Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 4S 25~50C Lipo Pack

and i have been running them 1 at a time of course in my Stiletto ...now i have the Mystic on the way and the Impulse 31 on Pre order ...Can i use these in all 3 of these boats?...I was concerned about the Mystic because it looks like you need 2 batterys to balance it out....but i couldnt use 2 of these in the mystic could i?
    Spektrum Radios

I actually ran this boat with a single 4S pack several times and it works fine. One COULD remove the stud holding the battery hold-down and just use Velcro, or add some tie-down straps as well. With the motor towards the back like it is, and the long, wide, battery trays, getting many different battery configs to balance is doable.

Awesome....Thanx Darin ...So in the Mystic ..i would HAVE to use 2x 7.4 5000ish mAh lipo packs...?
    Spektrum Radios

ok cool, im not sure if i should wait to see if it can take 6s before a buy new batteries to run 4s

darin what do you think the speed difference is between 4 s and 6s

arp...any time u use 6s on a 60amp esc u are asking for trouble.....you might get a strong one and u might get a weak one and have a hand gernade
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

ok i guess ill just run 2 4s in parallel
    will it fit in the boat 2 4s?

i was wondering if Proboat was going to release a deep v this year.i was checking my email yesterday,and voila! looks very promising.i like the looks,and it comes with proven hardware.great job Darin cant wait to see how it flies.

Quote Originally Posted by arp1500 View Post
    Im new to the Battery game could u explain running 2 x 4s in this boat...I have 2 but only run 1 at a time in the stiletto...
    Spektrum Radios

Quote Originally Posted by lonneyb View Post
    Im new to the Battery game could u explain running 2 x 4s in this boat...I have 2 but only run 1 at a time in the stiletto...
    One can run either (2) 4S packs wired in parallel or (2) 2S packs wired in series. Both scenarios will produce 14.8 volts (4S total). A third option is to run a single 4S pack as well.

Quote Originally Posted by arp1500 View Post
    they will fit bro
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Looks like a very well thought out boat, leaves very little reason for people to be building monos in this size from scratch :D

The offset wet well stuffing box is just amazing on a RTR boat!

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Looks like a very well thought out boat, leaves very little reason for people to be building monos in this size from scratch :D

The offset wet well stuffing box is just amazing on a RTR boat!

I was about to buy a 34" Insane

Quote Originally Posted by airman66285 View Post
    One can run either (2) 4S packs wired in parallel or (2) 2S packs wired in series. Both scenarios will produce 14.8 volts (4S total). A third option is to run a single 4S pack as well.
    Thanx for your reply.....So as long as i hit 14.8 v its all good...i see people talking about a 4s2p and 4s1p batteries...could you explain that in relation to a boat ...i looked at Hobby king and they seem thicker...so i assume its 2 battery's in 1?
    Spektrum Radios

"S" is the number of cells in series, "P" is the number in parallel.

4s2p means you have 4 cells in series, and two of those in parallel.

Also would you use a special connector for series and/or parallel?...Thanx again
    Spektrum Radios

Looks great! May have to get one of these. Is the hatch the same material as the mg hatch?
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Looks great! May have to get one of these. Is the hatch the same material as the mg hatch?
    Hatch is all glass... with floatation already added, and a positive latching system... i.e.: no magnets. Even has a little handle to lift the hatch up with...

That is great to hear! This should really be a winner. Congrats on a job well done Darin.
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by lonneyb View Post
    Also would you use a special connector for series and/or parallel?...Thanx again
    Depends on what kinds of packs you're running.

For 2s1p, I just run normal 5.5mm bullets negative on esc to negative on one battery, positive on esc to positive on other battery, and the remaining two together.

If you have two 4s packs and want them in parallel, you'll need a y adapter on each ESC wire.

If you have 2s packs and want to combine them into 4s2p you'll need the two y adapters as well as plugging the packs together like I do.

Is proboat working on making the plastic lids work on more than one boat, theres a lot of boat out there that have them.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    Is proboat working on making the plastic lids work on more than one boat, theres a lot of boat out there that have them.
    Not sure what you are asking... If you are referring to the sub-hatch, then yes... The MG, the Mystic, the Impulse's (26 and 31), all have them. So did the Elam.

If we can make it fit, it'll be there, unless someone higher up nixes the idea.

any word of the date this one will be out?

on the Horizon site,they say early July.

No BND or PNP?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Not sure what you are asking... If you are referring to the sub-hatch, then yes... The MG, the Mystic, the Impulse's (26 and 31), all have them. So did the Elam.

If we can make it fit, it'll be there, unless someone higher up nixes the idea.
    I think he was asking there was any intention of making the lids interchangeable, not sure though.

IMO it's not a huge deal since they all come with lids anyway.

This looks like a very interesting boat. I´ve got a Traxxas Spartan on backorder, maybe i´ll switch to this mono. Because i´m new to FE-boats, i do not know the reason why the teflon liner goes into the transom in a stuffing tube with much more diameter. I read it is called "wet well liner"? Is this for better cooling of the teflon liner with water or what is the advantage of this? And a second question: This little silver "knob" between the left trim tab and the stuffing tube, is it an outlet for water which will come into the boat?
    Regards Bodo

IMO, cancel your order on the spartan and pick this up instead! Way better boat for the money.

The wet well stuffing tube isn't for cooling, it just gives you a much wider range of adjustment at the strut. Without it, you can only get a couple degrees of angle adjustment, and no real height adjustment.

I think the silver knob is a water drain, but with it sealed up you shouldn't need to use that much (or ever).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast