Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Proboat Impulse 31" Deep Vee

Thumbs up New Proboat Impulse 31" Deep Vee

Proboat has a new boat:
    http://proboatmodels.com/Products/De...ProdID=PRB4250

Looks like another fantastic build by Darin. It has a very interesting transom. I like it!

looks nice but allready have a pursuit......pb sure is getting there money worth out of the 1800 and 60 amp esc.....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    looks nice but allready have a pursuit......pb sure is getting there money worth out of the 1800 and 60 amp esc.....
    It's a proven power system and I really like it. I have the same set up in my Fastech and it screams.

That looks really nice! Gotta give proboat some credit they sure are putting out some nice boats. I like the battery placement and the motor back further in the hull. Looks like it would be real easy to upgrade the motor/esc as well. Was thinking of selling some of my fleet for the Mystic but this intrigues me.
    Go Fast...Turn Right...

Interesting. It has a flooded stuffing box and the bottom of the rudder has had some attention. Looks like a lot of thought has gone into this one.
    Scott Tapsall
    Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club - Facebook Page
    My Gallery

Now that Darin removed my "gag order", I'll come out of the closet and say that this is one hot model Handles as good as anything I've ever seen, and in stock form leaves very little to be desired. We're lucky to have guys with Darin's expertise (and others ) jump in and work with a solid company like Proboat to create offerings like this boat. While we're at it, check out the 26" Impulse : $169.95 RTR and a perfect boat to recommend to the entry level guy who wants to get into the hobby without busting the bank. We've come a long way, baby
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Nice looking boat. Good to see something that is bigger than a SuperVee, but not up to that next level of size. Amazed at how many choices there are for fast electric boats these days that are RTR that were simply not there 3 or 4 years ago.

thats swett!!

Girlfriends gonna be mad... mystic and the impulse gotta have em tho.. sh will get over it tho I hope!!!

Looks like the strut is offset as well.

The name says it all IMPULSE, AS IN I BUY BOATS IMPULSIVELY (SP?)

Like I tell my wife, it could be worse, it could be cars, motorcycles,REAL boats...etc...

Best rigged RTR on the market. And by far by the looks of it!

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can share some more info.

This boat, in February, with a hotter power system, ran an official 2-Lap time on an official 1/6th mile course at 29.20 seconds.

This boat, in April, with a little bit hotter power system, ran over 65mph through the timing traps at Legg Lake.

This boat, in May, with the same hotter power system, ran in this video in our P-Mono class.

I pushed it a little to hard into the turn and it took a bad hop there, but it was clearly running pretty well...

The trim tab mounting holes just "HAPPEN" to exactly match the bolt pattern on these SpeedMaster trim tabs: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=ros-spdt-150

You have to reverse the screws and drill adjusting holes in the tabs to use them, and I'll post pics of this in a bit.

The battery trays will EASILY handle 4S2P, and more... There should be plenty of room for about any motor you'd want to drop in. You can easily fit 3S on each side. You MIGHT be able to put 5S on each side as wel. Not sure about 6S2P.

As I was going through mine, the only thing I found out of the box was that the motor mount wasn't tightened down square, requiring the two screws to be loosened, line it up, then retighten. Otherwise, it seems solidly assembled right out of the box. I would go over all the nuts and bolts, which should be standard practice anyhow. I would even go so far as to say you don't REALLY need to replace the trim tabs, as the stock ones are stainless, adjustable, and they have slotted mounting holes to adjust further.

It will only be offfered for now in a RTR version, with ProBoat 2.4gHz. If you really want PB to offer a PNP version, please contact them and let them know.

I hope you'll find this to be the most completely thought out, well designed, and nicest quality RTR that's hit the market to date. It is manufactured by the same company that makes the Stiletto, and the hull quality if right on par. This one marks the culmination of all of my past experience, and has everything done that I could talk them into doing. If the contacts were larger than 3.5s, I'd almost say it was perfect.

Here are some pictures of the sample I received last Friday...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

This looks AWESOME, great job Darin & PB. Can't wait for this to hit the stores. The last offereings from PB have really been great.

CC 1518 standing by for this one.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Here is a shot of the Speedmaster Tabs installed on an earlier sample test boat...
    Attached Images Attached Images

very cool, I dig it!
    what kind of speeds could one expect on 4s using a different prop other than stock?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Looks really sweet.. can't wait to get my hands on that..

I was planning on building a boat but with proboat coming out with these 3 solid models I don't think I'll have the money!

This will be my first FE rtr in years. Looks like a big win! Great job Darin! Thank you for your help in bringing great FE performance to the masses!

One question.. 31" to the transom, or the transom overhang?

wow great job!!! this will be my first rtr no doubt..its sick looking!! the rear of the boat actually looks like a swim platform on a real boat..the styling is great
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

thats awesome i was looking at getting the mystic or mg now im more interested in this deep v

so just what is a hotter power system? how close would the stocker version do in p mono?

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    so just what is a hotter power system? how close would the stocker version do in p mono?
    I'm guessing a Losi Xcelorin 2400kv

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    One question.. 31" to the transom, or the transom overhang?
    It measures about 29.5" down the keel... 31" to the overhang.

The hull has a unique spray rail design that should help keep it from submarining most of the time, as well...

Initial speeds are typical of the power system... ProBoat took all their boats out and did some radar testing, using bone stock, out of the box boats with stock, un-prepped ProBoat props and here are the notes they sent me for this boat:

Impulse 31
    Stock – 32mph on 4S-45C
    Stock – 47mph on 6S-25C
    Stock – 47mph on 6S-50C
    1.9” Prop – 48mph on 6S-25C (Yes, we know you told us not to try this prop with this setup, and as you warned, we fried the ESC on this setup)

So, I'd expect about 40 or so with the right prop on 4S and obviously much faster with more cells. And WAY faster with more motor!

BY BY Super V!

good to hear real speeds and not how fast it looks.....what motor did u use in your p mono race?
    Last edited by ron1950; 06-17-2011 at 08:12 AM.

so can we run 6s and be safe?
    or is this a 4s boat just like the mg and mystic

Anybody want to buy my SV? (Kidding) Was going to gut it to build a DF29. Might just sell it next winter and try one of these. Looks like another sure winner with a solid well tested power system!
    This is a new one for me, I even really like the graphics on it! Easy enough to dress up with some touches of your own without a complete re-paint.
    Being a happy Spektrum user I would love a BnD version don't really need to add to the collection of radios I don't use, although another Spektrum would be a nice back-up! Just changed my mind!
    Cheers
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Did anyone else notice the Properchopper style battery holder!!

Quote Originally Posted by arp1500 View Post
    so can we run 6s and be safe?
    or is this a 4s boat just like the mg and mystic
    It's exactly the same power system, so in my mind, the jury is still out on whether or not 6S is "safe". That being said, people do it all the time.

More testing needs to be done at ProBoat before I believe they are going to be comfortable actually officially stating that, however.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast