Thread: Miss geico stock 5s setup

Question Miss geico stock 5s setup

I have a stock miss geico with offset rudder, Kintec shaft and running a prather 220, I have been running on 2s1p 7.4 lipo 4000 mah 20c venom batteries and would like to try the 5s setup, I have some venom 3s1p 11.1 5000 35c lipos, can I combine these for a 5 s setup?

Cool

It is never a good idea to use cells of differing capacity, 'C' rating or brand hooked up in either series or parallel. The risk of over-discharging or overheating the inferior cells is high. I recommend that you not do this.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Guess I will have to step up and buy a speed control and run it on 6s. I wonder how long the stock motor will hold up...better start shopping for that too I guess.

Cool

The stock motor will hold up okay as long as you do not use too large of a prop or run too long. Heat is the enemy. Be conservative in prop choice and check temperatures carefully until you know a particular prop is 'safe'.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Will the stock speed controller handle 6s? My motor and esc do not even get warm to the touch when running up here in Seattle waters.on 4s. Or is it a thing of the electronics in the esc are not rated for this load?, and will blow up?

most ESC's go up to 6S, but I wouldn't push it, if it was a n8S controller, I would be fine with running 6S, but pushing ESC's to their limits is risky

If I run the stock motor and the 6s setup, what would be a good speed controller for this setup, guess I am asking the proper way to spec the speed contoller to the application, is it pure amps/heat?

you could try the T80 HV from hobbyking. I don't know if it's enough amps, but it'll take 6S no problem

Hi: Newbie here.

Just saw some vids on youtube regarding some Miss Geico owners running 5S setups, how is this possible? Do they run 1x2S pack in series with another 1x3S? Isn't that a fire risk as the 2S pack will be over discharged? If they were running one single 5S pack wouldn't they have to reconfigure the layout of the electronics to position the 5S pack in a central location so as not to throw off the weight distribution?

You can run a 3s and 2s in series but they need to be a matched set. Same brand same c rating and capacity.
    I don't think the electronics will hold up though.
    white geico w/2200kv 3674 leopard 53.5mph 4s2p, geico w/ 1800kv outrunner 52mph on 4s2p, genesis w/2200kv castle 53.8 on 4s2p, impulse 31 w/2200kv castle, stock p1 and ul-1