Thread: 2.4 radio gliching

Default 2.4 radio gliching

what are a few of the things that will cause gliching in my 2.4 radio

Low batteries

- What brand radio?
    - Is there a lot of carbon fiber in your boat that your using it in?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

sometimes just getting the tx too close to the boat will make itr jump around some
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

well it's not the batteries ,there new , i think i got it down to water in the servo. the radio is a flysky gt 3b

I use deft spraycan laquer to water proof my flysky gt3 rx the don't respond well to water or moisture

Default Laquer

Also used on my tatic rx after receiving a esc coated in this from suppo upon opening the package I noticed the smell and being a carpenter I was able to Id it pretty easy
    Trying to upload a pic from my iPhone but haven't figured it out yet

that's funny because there is a vid that i watched were they submerged the rx under water and showed how it still worked fine ?

I've tried it also after one of the gt3 took my Elam for a quick ride ending with a hole and a boat dock the fail safe was set to full throttle so when it got wet that's what happened have you set your failsafe on the rx

yup ,the first thing i did . i lost my first miss vegas with my futaba 3 pm radio . forgot to set the fail safe. i like the fly shy ,set it once and your good to go .

Who in the he'll sets a factory default to full throttle thanks hobby king after I repair the damage had to eat 60$ to sell it over a 20 cent piece of paper called an instruction manual I didn't receive

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    sometimes just getting the tx too close to the boat will make itr jump around some
    That's from the old 27mhz am days Ron! Never heard of that with 2.4ghz. If so, there is something wrong with the radio.

Is it a Spektrum radio? They had issues with the early models.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    yup ,the first thing i did . i lost my first miss vegas with my futaba 3 pm radio . forgot to set the fail safe. i like the fly shy ,set it once and your good to go .
    How do set the fail safe on the fly sky? I've got one to try out.

it simple , push the throttle to the position that you want,then push the bind button on the rx the light will flash for 3 sec .then release you should be done.

Yeah, I like the Flysky, it has all the feature that my old Airtronics MX3-FHSS had and I especially like the size and price of the receivers! But they are real susceptible to moisture. I've taken all mine apart and (like the Youtube video) sprayed on a couple coats of clear Liquid Tape spray and reassembled. Set the failsafe and forget 'em.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power