Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSO Geico makeover

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    That's. One way to do it. Set up is stock motor, 120A esc, M445, 4s2p 4000mah (8000mah total) 30C turnigys
    T man, may I ask where you were having the lipos with this set up ? flush ith trays, ore hanging over(towards back of boat, ore forward. ? Thanks
    Drammen rock City

so scott u have switched to 4s 2packs for the 4 min lso....i ran at the nats 4 min and just used the stock 2cell 2 pack wasent sure it would make 4 min but it did just fine.....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    so scott u have switched to 4s 2packs for the 4 min lso....i ran at the nats 4 min and just used the stock 2cell 2 pack wasent sure it would make 4 min but it did just fine.....
    Switched a long time ago. My batts kicked out at about 3:45 the first time I ran mine at Ackerman, been 2P ever since. I ran it the other day on 1P and its just not the same boat. Ill probably never run 1P again.

Speaking of "not the same boat"
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks ready for a second coat....actually it looks good i have wanted to paint mine for a long time now, how many flips do u suppose it will take before those scoops get torn off? man i tell ya u dont want to tear out the motor plate in the geigo......its a real pain replaceing the blind nuts on the motor mount...lol....well at least now with th 5.5's i am ready for 4s2p parrell and have te batteries...just need to make the parrell conectors

Yup that's just the first coat. Still have to blueprint the hull etc. This is not the same hull as above. RonvRon Ron... you really think I'm just gunna tack thoose scoops on w a drop of ca or something and call it done? The whole hatch will have to come off for them to come off. Right now they are just sitting on top for picture purposes.

Switched a long time ago. My batts kicked out at about 3:45 the first time I ran mine at Ackerman, been 2P ever since. I ran it the other day on 1P and its just not the same boat. Ill probably never run 1P again.

Speaking of "not the same boat"
    Wow! Impressive work Scott. The boat looks awesome in white.

yeah and those scoops make it cooler!!!

what are u useig for the filler? i have thought of doing my geigo bottom but dont have any filler or bondo etc....

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    what are u useig for the filler? i have thought of doing my geigo bottom but dont have any filler or bondo etc....
    read post 6 Ronald

oh not the p-78.....everyone knows how good that stuff is.....u prob eat that stuff for breakfest

Well I got my first run on it yesterday. Not good at all. I used the exact same set up Ive run countless times before, same cog, same strut adjustments, prop, batteries etc. Bounced all over the place and was a handful to operate. Im wondering where if the set up before was such that is was in harmony to keep the imperfections in the hull running tru. Now that the hull is tru, its showing how much off the set up really was. Anyway, more importantly, after 4 or 5 short laps, it stopped dead. I went out and got it, pulled the hatch and filled the sky w/ smoke. the motor leads fused themselves together at the can. Just a few minutes later when I got to the bench, the ESC was 120, batts were 90 and motor was 180F. Now my newly created masterpiece smells like hell. Oh well, back to the drawing board. More to come when I get her wet again.

Sorry to hear that Scott,, but dont feel bad cuz i flipped my old 32'' deepv this morrning and she was full of water and i lost the top hatch that has my two little drivers on it so now it has just a regular hatch,, hope all my stuff will dry out and still work latter and hope yours does the same..

Well I got my first run on it yesterday. Not good at all. I used the exact same set up Ive run countless times before, same cog, same strut adjustments, prop, batteries etc. Bounced all over the place and was a handful to operate. Im wondering where if the set up before was such that is was in harmony to keep the imperfections in the hull running tru. Now that the hull is tru, its showing how much off the set up really was. Anyway, more importantly, after 4 or 5 short laps, it stopped dead. I went out and got it, pulled the hatch and filled the sky w/ smoke. the motor leads fused themselves together at the can. Just a few minutes later when I got to the bench, the ESC was 120, batts were 90 and motor was 180F. Now my newly created masterpiece smells like hell. Oh well, back to the drawing board. More to come when I get her wet again.
    Hmm, that sounds like me just now.

prather 230, 5s 2p, 2 minut's of great running , then dead.
    In goes my hk 500 motor and 642 prop and 4s to a new motor comes.
    More in my tread.
    Drammen rock City

my cog change from last year to this.......had to run batteries way up front this year but it runs good now....scott did this just hurt the motor wires or is the the motor shot? did u notice if the cooling system was working and all? i am wondering about going to x442 for cooling....

Ive been down at the pond doing some testing. Got a new motor put in and made some changes. Ive still got a little bounce going on, few more runs and I should have it out. Seems Im on to something that I found in another thread.... More testing though to confirm, so far its only "impressive by vision". I need to gps and data log to be sure. Looks like Im running still in the low 40s, but temps are down considerably. Motor was warmest at 114F after 11 laps at WOT, and some on and off for another half lap. I was carving the turns pretty hard as well.

Id say the motor is pretty much toast...

As I said, Ive got the new motor installed and I also added the motor mount cooling lines. Whether that helps or not, who knows..... Oh and I also shortened the motor wires to half thier original length.

that hull sure does look clean inside!!!

I heard that!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12