Thread: Advice on starting a new club

Default Advice on starting a new club

What advice do people have for starting a new club. I was going to post a flyer at the hobby shop since I know that there are people in the area that run RC boats. Any other advice would be appreciated.

where are you located?

My advice is Post on RCU in the club section anf try flyers in your LHS. Don't expect it to happen over night. It's hard to find other people that are into boats. I believe it has to do with the nature of the hobby. If it werent for the SV it would be imposible. Not many people want to build, test and invest long hours in boats, cars ect. It's all about thr RTR now adays. With FE theres a limited number of options.

Super Vee is the class to start with!

That is the angle I am taking aroung here. I am still working on the flyer. I am kicking around " SouthJersey FastElectric SuperVee racing series" Pretty much factory out of the box 12 cell and a 14 cell mod class. Factory boats can use the stock props and a 42mm. Mod guys can run any CF prop. I'm staying away from metal props to take the whole 40$ dollar prop expence off the table up front..I may limit the factory boats to 3600mah..Gee I wonder where one can order quality 3600s??? Hmmmm

i did the search and found that the nearest boat club is in south jersey i may have to make a long road trip to come play sometime!

You are welcom to come and run with me any time.

may have to next year sometime, hard to make a road trip right now with a newborn. but i will have to try!
    restoring the collection

Well next year @ this time...we hop to have a newborn....LOL

My suggestion is to take your boat (SV27) and run it in a heavily populated location with lots of spectators. Have flyers ready for your club you're starting, and have flyers on where people can get the SV27 or any other RC boat. Dirtysouth31 from RCU and I ran our SV27's at a public park called Mt Trashmore park. We has many spectators admire our boats, ask us questions, inquire about how the boat comes when you buy it, etc. We had many people asking where to get the boat too. It's one thing to go to the LHS and see it on the shelf in a box, It's another to see it in action. It makes people think... I want one of those!

Good Luck!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Mt Trasmore??

off topic, but anyone know Mike V. that pro skateboarder? his skating career was basically started here when an old pro saw him skating there and was able to get a skate magazine to get him on the cover and he's been famous since....
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

Yea I remember! I never knew him, but I remember...
    http://www.mikevallely.com/bio.php
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for the input. So far I have found out that most of the people run gas boats around here from talking to people at the hobby shop. I was planning on buying a SV27 once I finish my Syncron to show them electric boats are not what they used to be.

Newborns and F/E boat racing? Goodluck guys....I think your going to slow down for a couple of years, best guess.