Thread: Exceede rc Shark

Default Exceede rc Shark

Has anyone seen this boat or have any info on it? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Miss Geico, but I was looking for a budget friendly mono to bash around in less than perfect waters. It looks like a right turn only model and I don't mind replacing the electronics if they don't last too long lol. guess I should post a link http://www.nitrorcx.com/99b-10021-650-ep-artr.html

I would love to know of anyone who runs one of how well they do or don't like it...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Thats the only site I can find a description on; lots of good pics but lacking on specifics. I guess I'll be the guinea pig lol. Its a sharp looking boat and at 23" and 4122 kv it should do nicely on just 2s.

I would love to find some decent youtube vids on this one
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

That boat is also sold as the Dragon Shark in the UK, If you want to see some pictures of the boat + vid go to www.jperkinsdistribution.co.uk . Then on the top left of page click on marine then click Dragon rtr boats & all the Dragon boats are their. Click on relevent boat & theirs a vid + click extra or more pics. Youll also see some other boats that your probably familular with in the US under different names. Martin.

Thank you very much, Martin. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'd say the boat is too!

so-so quality. We used to sell one of the dragon boats but dropped it due to poor quality.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I kinda like the fact these run on 2s...!

These are strictly 2s max, One thing you might want to check on if your considering getting one. Certainly in the UK some spare parts seem to be out of stock a lot of the time especially drive shafts & once their out of stock it seems to be several months sometimes before they get them in again. One thing ive noticed their out of stock most is drive shafts, They use quite a strange shaft on this boat so would be more difficult to perhaps adapt another make shaft like you can on some other boats. As the drive shaft is 4mm solid apart from the last 1.5" or so at the motor end where the solid shaft has a small length of flex around 1.25"- 1.5" that goes into the coupling. Martin.

Thanks again Martin, it sounds like you've had some experience with this boat. I did notice that most of the spare parts available were out of stock. I didn't, however, think that it would be that tricky to replace it with something different. I ordered one last night, I'm hoping I'm happy with the hull at least. For the price I figured why not? I pretty much surmised the hardware and components were genaric. I agree with brushless55, as I have quite a few 2s packs from trucks and boats. I think thats what made it even more appealing for me, I can get twice as many runs (compared to MG or Formula Fastech) with the same batteries I already own and I have a Spectrum rx and servos wasting away in the workbench drawer. As far as "Bang for Buck" would you recommend it? lol not that I can do anything now, it's already on its way.

Brushless55, I will let you know how things turn out. It should be here Monday or Tuesday. A friend of mine has an older Shockwave 26; it gave him all kinds of headaches (mostly because of the AM radio). I converted it to brushless for him and gave him the stock 2.4 gig radio that came with the MG. I thought we would both have more fun with similar boats, racing each other. Otherwise I get kinda bored running the MG competing with myself for a better top speed. It sometimes takes flight now, I don't think that hull needs to go any faster

Default Here

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I would love to find some decent youtube vids on this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QOg-...eature=related

Nice vid. Smoothops! Self righting would be a sweet added bonus

What's with the slot where another turn fin should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    What's with the slot where another turn fin should be?
    Thats where water fills so it self rights itself if flipped over.

Self righting ability is worth sacrificing a turn fin, I plan on racing friends with it so...full speed/right turn repeat.

As stated thats the flood chamber, This is a mono 1 race class boat that only has 1 turn fin fitted to the right side. Thats because these boats are only intended to turn right when racing as they race clockwise. Martin.

I see

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    These are strictly 2s max, One thing you might want to check on if your considering getting one. Certainly in the UK some spare parts seem to be out of stock a lot of the time especially drive shafts & once their out of stock it seems to be several months sometimes before they get them in again. One thing ive noticed their out of stock most is drive shafts, They use quite a strange shaft on this boat so would be more difficult to perhaps adapt another make shaft like you can on some other boats. As the drive shaft is 4mm solid apart from the last 1.5" or so at the motor end where the solid shaft has a small length of flex around 1.25"- 1.5" that goes into the coupling. Martin.
    Ugh. I am familiar with that type of drive shaft. It also exsists in this boat, which I own two of.

http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...bt0401002_code

Might be the same maker. Those shafts end up breaking where the flex shaft is soldered into the solid shaft. Big failure point. Either order some extra shafts or figure out a substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by eric01 View Post
    Brushless55, I will let you know how things turn out. It should be here Monday or Tuesday. A friend of mine has an older Shockwave 26; it gave him all kinds of headaches (mostly because of the AM radio). I converted it to brushless for him and gave him the stock 2.4 gig radio that came with the MG. I thought we would both have more fun with similar boats, racing each other. Otherwise I get kinda bored running the MG competing with myself for a better top speed. It sometimes takes flight now, I don't think that hull needs to go any faster
    Keep us posted bro

thank you