Thread: 55" King of shaves from Fine Design

Default 55" King of shaves from Fine Design

Anybody in the group have one of these?

Use the search feature on this site......you will be suprised on what you read about Fine Design.....buyer beware.

Doby I have to be fair to Chris. He does build a nice boat. My only suggestion is to call him to make sure its instock first.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

No argument there Steve, but customer service is less than marginal.

I deal with Chris at Fine Design and have spoken with him a few times as well. I know some people have had some big trouble but he has always provided great service to me. I am not buying big boats from him though..
    Go Fast...Turn Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Doby I have to be fair to Chris. He does build a nice boat. My only suggestion is to call him to make sure its instock first.
    Yes Steve I very much agree... chris does build a "fine" boat... his phone answering skills leave some things to be desired but I used to do alot with him when I first started in the boat hobby... I bought one of his RTR mean machines, as well as a couple other RTR boats along with a few NEU's... and got everything I ordered in reasonable time... I do agree though make sure the item is in stock, as if he gets flustered at all it can be tough getting him on the phone....

I actually just bought one of his titan 29 RTR website boats that he lists for $995... I bought it ran only a couple times off RC universe for a song... and once again his build quality is VERY good (nice and clean) so what he lacks in some areas... he ALMOST makes up in others.... but for what it is worth I have only had decent dealings with Chris.... somewhat overpriced dealings but hey I bought in on it...lol..

I really appreciate all your input guys. I think I'm going to trust my judgement and go for it. I spoke to him earlier this week and the boat I wanted is in stock (he had three choices) so I will let you know how I make out. He was informative and also told me the next ones coming in were going to be more money after these were depleted. So before they are gone I'm gonna snatch one up. We both live in N.Y. and I will receive it the next day after payment and shipping. Thanks again, JF.

I wish you good luck. Send some pictures and video

Quote Originally Posted by jj2003 View Post
    He was informative and also told me the next ones coming in were going to be more money after these were depleted. So before they are gone I'm gonna snatch one up. .
    I HATE USED CAR SALESMAN Sales Tactics!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Yep, the one that got a way !

I've bought stuff from him that was "in stock"...took a few months to get it....again, buyer beware.

I just got a rtr 48" pro charger from Chris last week u can see it in his website and youtube vids its yellow very nice guy him and his brother and now my bro and my friend also orderd the same boat and Chris will have them done for this weekend I wouldn't worry 1bit EVERYTIME I call his cell he pics up on the 2nd ring I can say that the boat is very clean. High end parts are used and it runs like a dream plus you have 1yr warranty on the work
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hor2012 View Post
    I just got a rtr 48" pro charger from Chris last week u can see it in his website and youtube vids its yellow very nice guy him and his brother and now my bro and my friend also orderd the same boat and Chris will have them done for this weekend I wouldn't worry 1bit EVERYTIME I call his cell he pics up on the 2nd ring I can say that the boat is very clean. High end parts are used and it runs like a dream plus you have 1yr warranty on the work
    Try to claim that when you need it...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I also got some motors from him and diff parts that he took back and gave me credit for towards the new boat

Hi- this is Chris Fine at Fine Design Marine. Although I do not have the time I would like to keep up with the chatter on these forums, I feel it's important to highlight that I am still one of the very few custom R/C mfrs you can reach on the phone. What other mfr owner answers his own phone, and is willing to take the time to answer callers' questions, even if there is no sale pending?
    Also, I do find it necessary to keep my nose to the grindstone, my phones are set up so that if you miss me, you can leave a message or I give you my cell number if you have to reach me ASAP! I'm usually reachable within 48 hours, not unreasonable in my opinion.
    If someone has a problem, or needs to clarify an inventory issue, please call ahead.
    I would like to thank those who have purchased and continue to support me--- I'm not just an email address-- Thanks, Chris
    PS- FOR THOSE WHO DOUBT MY TALENT, CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE PAGS FROM NEW YORK WHO JUST WON MR. OFFSHORE AT THE NAMBA NATS AT LEGG LAKE, CALIFORNIA FOR THE 3RD YEAR IN A ROW! HE USES FINE DESIGN TO DESIGN AND ASSEMBLE HIS BOATS! MIKE HAD MORE 1ST AND 2ND THAN MOST GUYS WILL SEE IN A LIFETIME. CHECK HIS NAMBA STANDINGS TO VERIFY!
    NOTE: CHECK THE JUNE 12 ISSUE OF R/C BOAT MAG FOR AN A++ REVIEW OF OUR WORK.
    Lastly, a big thanks to Steve Vaccaro for trying to keep this a productive R/C info forum, not just a bashing place.
    Last edited by fastasyoucan; 06-27-2012 at 06:13 PM.

For anyone wanting to question how the Fine Design conversion works, see below