Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlanta Grand Prix

WoW! 34 FE entries!!! Nice!! We'll get there Chilli.....
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

This should be a great race!! I just finished Ms Sondra's T Boat. Maiden voyage (This go round, it's used) tomorrow.
    I think she is feeling some pressure.

The FE fleet is ready to rock!
    Looking forward to seeing you D12 boys!!
    D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Good luck & happy times to the D12 Crew. Great participation; way to go ! I'd be thinking 'bout you'se guys next weekend but the SoCal crew is racing P-Ltd Sport Hydro & P-Mono at the H20 Gassers D19 Benefit race. Rock & Roll my Bro's !!!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

The gate will be unlocked at 8am tomorrow fellas.
    Be safe on the roads and I'll see you at the pond!
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Doug, Hope you have a great weekend!

Chilli, John (Rocky), Dick and Carol......Wish you all well! Give that D.13 gang a spanking!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

We're having a great time in Atlanta! The D13 crew is treating us well. The Insane Sport hydro is giving the D13 Vacu Pickles a run for their money. John won a Limited Hydro heat so I'm very proud of him. Doug is strong in all the FE classes but his JAE is in a class by itself. I'm still trying to get the Insane mono to settle down but I did pull out a second on my second P-mono heat. Best part of the day was when the heat racing was over. We ran a few boats in open water while the gang from Raleigh threw some burgers and dogs on the grill. We hung out at the pond till 10pm shooting the breeze. It doesnt get any better than that!

how did dick do in opc?...maybe the economey will improve by next year and i can make it over to atl.....nats took all my extra cash for racing this year.....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Cool

Man what a weekend!!
    The weather was pretty much perfect, the competition was fierce.
    Here are the results.
    http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bi...vent=grandprix
    Carol Loeb won the ladies Thunderboat Shootout. When she starts running FE classes we're going to be in trouble fellas! Congrats again Ms. Carol!!!!
    I'll post more later when I get some of the blood out of my eyes. LOL
    Thanks everybody, I had a absolute blast!!
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Doug, I will be calling you sometime today, but I wanted to extend a big THANK YOU for the kind words you had for Dick and myself. Everytime I think your level of class could not get any higher, you amaze me. You are one awesome guy and I am very thankful to know someone like you! Congrats to all the winners from the race. I got play by plays and it sounded like a fun one. Wish I had more time off to share these races with you guys! Mike Luszcz
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Mike,
    Just giving credit where credit is due my brother, you and Dick are top shelf.
    I wish you had been able to make the race, it was a good time with really GREAT people!
    Dick had everything he needed to beat me up in O/B Tunnel but luck. There were two heats he had me shakin pretty good. If he hadn't been cut (blown) off one heat, and a radio?? issue on another, the results may have been different.
    Thanks again for doing what you do guys.
    Smock
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thanks Doug, Just walked in from the garage, ran out of time, and I know its to late to call now, tty very soon! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

What a weekend guys. John and I had a great time. It was great to finally get a chance run head to head with full heats of FE's. I really had a blast running the Limited Sport hydros. The Insane and Vacu pickles matched up very well and the racing was tight. I actually came in third in Sport Hydro when I choked in a runoff and tagged a buoy in the mill (DOOOH!!!!). I'm still getting the Insane mono dialed in and while I have it turning well with the large fins, I have to work on getting it to settle down in the straights with some weight and a strut adjustment. Even though John didnt place high, I was very proud of his driving in traffic. He holds his lane very well.

Doug is Mr Consistancy and it showed in the final results. Not only can the man build fast boats and drive, there is no one who has more fun at the races than he does. And his attitude is contageous. The guy is just a blast to hang with. After runnig all day Saturday, John and I, the Loebs, Ron, Mike and Kevin (from NC), Doug, and a few more of the Atlanta gang, kept running boats, grilled some burgers and hung out till 10pm. That's what makes a great weekend of raceing even more special. And to top off the weekend, on Sunday Doug presented Dick, John and myself the IMPBA record certificates that we earned earlier this spring.

I thought ALL the guys from D12 who came down represented the district well and I was proud to be among them. We brought home some wood. Special congrats to Carol for her Ladies Thunderboat win!!!

Doug, I was pulling into a Walmart with the family when you called back. Sorry I had to cut the call short but I just wanted to say thanks for the great time. Hope to race with you in the not too distant future.
    Last edited by Chilli; 07-18-2011 at 11:06 PM.

WOW what a BLAST it was great to come to a all electric heat race format,I learned alot .MR.SMOCK is a class act all the way,thanks for all your help and advice all of Dougs boats ran like the owner TOP NOTCH.The Atlanta Model Boaters made Carol and myself feel right at home a great group of racers. It was great to be around old friends and making new ones, thanks to all for a great weekend.We didnt win them all but we won alot of friends and thats what is important.. We will be back. Thanks again for all the fun Dick an Carol Loeb

Thanks for the kind words fellas. We had to take care of you guys, after all, we got the same treatment when we visited you in D12. But hey, don't expect that the next time.
    The Grand Prix crowd are some of the best people in model boating, and you guys fit right in. I can't wait till we get together again no matter where it is.
    Here are a few pics.
    Dick massaging his Thunderboat before Ms. Carol runs in the Shootout. This boat hauls the mail!Atl.GP 2011 001.jpg
    Chilli getting ready to give us fits with his Insane FE30Atl.GP 2011 002.jpg
    Reed Eagle up to no good as usual lolAtl.GP 2011 009.jpg
    Ole Reed's FE FleetAtl.GP 2011 010.jpg
    Ms. Jenni enjoying the fan while she guards the "Smock Shack" lolAtl.GP 2011 012.jpg
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Ms. Carol with her TravelingThunderboat Shootout trophy.Atl.GP 2011 024.jpg Sondra is coming after it Ms Carol! Norman, Wendy and Birdy in the background.
    Dick stashing the precious metals he "aquired" while visiting Atl. Atl.GP 2011 013.jpg
    Mr. BADGASS "Stormin Norman Morton's" FE FleetAtl.GP 2011 005.jpg
    Wes Young with Gas Parts PlusAtl.GP 2011 020.jpg This was the first time he raced his JAE 21 FE.
    John Snider and Tim ExleyAtl.GP 2011 018.jpg
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Love the pics Doug...Good stuff!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

This young gentleman won the Jersey Speed Skiff from Hitec RacingAtl.GP 2011 025.jpg
    Where's Paul??Atl.GP 2011 019.jpg
    Ms.Sondra's ThunderboatAtl.GP 2011 016.jpg She finished second behind Ms. Carol in the first heat. I think she is in touch with her competitive side now. Too cool to have the ladies involved!!
    The remainder of the Smock fleet.Atl.GP 2011 023.jpg
    Only two left running.Atl.GP 2011 021.jpg
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Hopefully we'll see you guys in the fall in SOWEGA. Mike you have a fine young man in John. He'll be showing YOU the way around the race course in no time, at least until he finds cars and girls. Ask me how I know lol
    Thanks for supporting our race and keep up the good work in D12. We'll get back there next year.
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Great job & congrat's to all. Inspiring to see all those beautiful boats & nice folks. Gives D19 something to shoot for. Love to see some of Y'all come our way; next summer if you know what I mean !!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Nice write up, guys, and dang, Doug...leaves some crumbs, would ya?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12