Thread: Blackjack decrease in performance

Default Blackjack decrease in performance

Hi All...

So this is my problem. I have both BJ and MG. Both boats were performing very well with NiMH, then I made the switch to LiPo. No problem..I have the programming card. I started with MG and set it for Lipo, high voltage cutoff, no brake, low timing, and linear acceleration.

The results were like day and night...the boat danced across the pond. Cool!

So I then proceeded to reset BJ with the same settings. Should get similar results, right? NOT! There was absolutely no improvement in performance with a brand new set of 7.4 25C 5300 mah lipos. Ok, so what is going on here. Tried resetting with my programmer and no improvement. Checked everything such as greasing the flexshaft, etc, but to no avail. Keep in mind that MG will work with the same settings and batts and she will float across the pond!!!

I called HH and they figured it may be the ESC causing the problem so they ship one out to me. Got it a couple of days ago and just put it in today. Ok, I reprogrammed and headed off to the pond for a great run, but no.....still the same results. By this time I'm getting a little POed with the whole thing and I call HH again to give them an update. They want me to send the boat to them for testing in their pond. I'm prepared to do this, but am I missing anything here?

Everything is stock in both BJ and MG.....HELP!!!!!

put the mg electronics in the bj and see what happens, you might just need to adjust something on the hull.

CG would be in a much different place with the lipos
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham