Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about getting the "Small Bolt"....

Hi Dan-o

I got one from hor... then once i got it i was a disappointed with the lack of speed and the motor got hot... so all i did was put a short 380 motor in it ( you dont have to change anything ) lathed the collet out a few mill and got a venom 32mm prop and the thing scream's for its size...Im still running the stock esc and a 3s lipo 2200mah 25c...

Here is a link to show you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYgmJGYfNc
    HOTR 32" Neu 1515 112 kph / Etti Demon rigger 3s leopard motor / 36" r2 hobbies twin tunnel with leopard 2200kv / Delta force 22 Hydro with dirty 2 pole motor / mini bolt with 380l motor good for about 60 kph

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Dan-O View Post
    So what prop do I need to order? I am going to start out on 3S but I am sure I will want to try 4S later.

Dan-O
    Dan, I have been using Octura x 430 and x 432 with great success on 3s in my Minicat Hydro which is similar to your boat. Don't forget to order a mini hydro turn fin from Steve when ordering your props (about $6). The performance improvement is very noticable with the fin. BG

I'm running mine on 3s with an x632. That'll likely be too much prop on 4s though, even if you have a bigger ESC.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks for the info guys! I have ran mine several times so far. I have been trying a few different plastic props that have helped out a ton. I have an Octura X632 that I am working on also. The bolt is fast but I have flipped it a lot of times. I have yet to have it on smooth water though and I can't wait to see how she runs then! I also bought a Turnigy 60A but I have not installed it yet.

Dan-O

has anyone tried an outrunner in this hydro?
    and where can we get a turn fin for these, or do we even need one?
    thanks!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

yes i have tried the HK one (the water cooled one) it works well but my 380 lond that i put in was faster and more fun....

Turn fin ...i havent tryed one but i don't really think it needs one .....
    HOTR 32" Neu 1515 112 kph / Etti Demon rigger 3s leopard motor / 36" r2 hobbies twin tunnel with leopard 2200kv / Delta force 22 Hydro with dirty 2 pole motor / mini bolt with 380l motor good for about 60 kph

what kv was the outrunner?
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by netik racing View Post
    yes i have tried the HK one (the water cooled one) it works well but my 380 lond that i put in was faster and more fun....
    More info on your motor please! Where can I get one??? That thing screams on 3S!

Dan-O

This one is the outrunner...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17152

The one im running now is an inrunner 380 l 2600kv 2pole cheapy from ebay

Quote Originally Posted by netik racing View Post
    Hi Dan-o

I got one from hor... then once i got it i was a disappointed with the lack of speed and the motor got hot... so all i did was put a short 380 motor in it ( you dont have to change anything ) lathed the collet out a few mill and got a venom 32mm prop and the thing scream's for its size...Im still running the stock esc and a 3s lipo 2200mah 25c...

Here is a link to show you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYgmJGYfNc
    Nice job!

I was wondering where you were on here, great advice you gave. Hows that esc workin out?

Quote Originally Posted by sspees View Post
    I was wondering where you were on here, great advice you gave. Hows that esc workin out?
    HI Guy’s
    So ive been getting a few email’s about my mini bolt so I thought I would do a small write up….
    I got it as a rtr from hor on ebay I think it was like $180 delivered…
    After having it out twice the motor died not from over propping but the cooling system blocked up…
    So as a rtr I was a little disappointed with the top speed but im glad that the motor broke…
    Firstly I upgraded the motor to a 380 long motor 2600kv.. the only thing I had to do is put the collet in my lathe and drill out the motor shaft size …(easy)
    So I then put it back together the holes lined up on the motor mount so that made things easy….the shaft angle was not spot on but for then I wasn’t worried…so with the standard prop and standard esc it was ok bit for me still not fast enough.. now I was having a few problems with the servo mount moving…so after using 3 matchstick’s and some glue I fixed that issue..
    Secondly I broke the prop to be expected because it was plastic. So I thought I better go the metal way. I looked at the octura range but I couldn’t be bothered balancing and stuff so I got a venom 32mm cnc prop and did one or two mod’s to it so it was more to my liking.
    Lastly the stock ecs was getting very hot when I changed to the 32mm prop so I thought I better upgrade the esc I had a blown 60amp seaking there so I grabbed the water cooler off it got a 70amp (airplane) esc from hobby king and made it into a water cooled esc cheap for $30..now I have a rubber band on my controller so the trigger hold full reverse …on the upside the esc has soft start so it great for the boat….
    What next I hear you say… well plans are for 4s with this motor I have tried it but it was uncontrollable I think the weight is too far forward so im going to get 2 2s pack’s and place them alongside the motor to get better weight distribution…also going to try and use the 4s I have and add a little weight to the back to the hull to see if that will work as well…then well you have to stay tuned for what happen next..
    Would love to see 80kph out of it at the moment it’s about 60kph so away to go…..
    Any suggestions are welcome as well…

17012012162.jpg17012012163.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12