Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Postal Strike

Default Canada Postal Strike

http://www.cupw.ca/1/1/6/5/index1.shtml

looks like we will have a strike starting in Winnipeg.

This really sucks

My 1717 & canopy will stay stateside for a bit. I'll be out until Monday too.

Certain people will know why I am posting this...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hope my stuff arrives today, not expecting it to though. This sucks! Lazy B*****DS!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

The last of my stuff that was in the mail came on Monday :)

I to have stuff in transit.........................
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

This pisses me off so much. Postal workers are already overpaid, and let's face it, it's not like you need a university degree to be one. They are a bunch of whiny ass babies. There are so many unemployed people that would kill to have their job and income. It's unfortunate the unions are protecting them. I'd love to see someone finally step up and say, "you don't like your job? you don't like your pay (which is already outrageous)? fine, you are all fired."

This is why Canadian shipping is a joke. Because we have to pay for whiny ass babies to get their way.

For all those with packages in transit, I wish you nothing but good luck, and that your packages eventually arrive safe and sound.

rant over.

I just got a couple things, lets hope it doesn't last.

Lazy?! No, I don't think so, it's called Union Busting...

See Ya, gone fishing...
    Nortavlag Bulc

My Zip sprint made it today just in time.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

I don't know if they are overpaid, but one thing is sure: they never EVER try to deliver to my door.

My mailman (woman) does a very good job at bring stuff to my door (I live in the country) and if it does not fit in the mailbox she will leave it in my truck in the driveway and lock the doors and leave a note in the mailbox

My mail lady is hot to bad she is a Btch lol and my new J&G is still in the mail and so is my new QDHT Life goes on anyway last one only lasted 2 weeks

A STARTING wage of nearly $24/hour to deliver mail, is overpaid in my opinion.

kookie i work for the USPS down here in the states. i don't know how it is up there in Canada but walk a mile in your mailman shoes literally before ranting about being lazy.

most people who work for us down here don't last a week. we are basically pack mules. Ups and FedEx make more then we do in the states.

question is it mainly walking or driving routes in Canada? Most mailmen end up with back surgery, shoulder surgery and knee surgery from the constant repetitive motion day in and day out.

I wish we could strike here in the states but since the seventies the government made it illegal.

my 2 cents....

I just wanna know if I'm going to be able get my HPR from westbeach in CA?
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

This is nothing new. The strike date was last week and there was also a date the week before that! Now they are making a new date as of tonight.

I have been very concerned about this because I have been waiting on multiple packages so I asked the nice lady at the post office and she gave me the facts.

Here they are....

The mail will keep moving, Don't panick. It will slow down but your parcels will arrive. Management is going fill positions. It is not the whole Postal system that is going to strike.

Canada Post is run with (I think) 4 different unions. It is one union that is threatening things. Also, they have been negotiating this for a while. They are threatening to strike over paid sick days and not salary.
    "IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT"

They have gone to curbside boxes where I live but my postman is very good about putting packages by the door. I get at least one a week up to three maybe. My neighborhood is a circle and he delivers to our side of the street first and then does the other. I have had him park his jeep and come over to my house if the package has to be signed for as I get home about the same time as he is delivering the mail.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by onegreenray View Post
    kookie i work for the USPS down here in the states. i don't know how it is up there in Canada but walk a mile in your mailman shoes literally before ranting about being lazy.

most people who work for us down here don't last a week. we are basically pack mules. Ups and FedEx make more then we do in the states.

question is it mainly walking or driving routes in Canada? Most mailmen end up with back surgery, shoulder surgery and knee surgery from the constant repetitive motion day in and day out.

I wish we could strike here in the states but since the seventies the government made it illegal.

my 2 cents....
    Alot of Canadian Postal carriers can finish their route in aprox. 4 hrs if they try hard. Then they can go home and still get paid for 8 hrs. If they choose to, they can take on a second route (from a co-worker that called in sick or ??) and get paid overtime. And in most cases they can still arrive home before their 8 hour shift is done.

There is alot more to it but now most of you know why it cost so much to ship a small parcel in Canada. U.S citizens can ship accross their Country cheaper than I can ship across town.

Oh Yeah,, The people threatening strike take home about $1600 every two weeks plus a benefit package etc. They really don't have any reason to btch at all. I say let 'em walk, strike, do whatever they want.....

But don't give 'em what they want!!!

They are lucky to have a job right now and there are plenty of people that are needing jobs just to put food on the table. Never mind there freakin' sick days!
    "IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT"

Quote Originally Posted by onegreenray View Post
    When did I ever say they were lazy?? I said they are whiny ass babies, not lazy. Mailmen/women around here drive up to a central box, with totes full of mail in the back of their van. They open the boxes, and put people's mail in them. Then it's up to ME to go and get my mail from the central box. That's the new practice. Actually carrying letters one by one to a house is fading out.

Quote Originally Posted by chummer View Post
    Alot of Canadian Postal carriers can finish their route in aprox. 4 hrs if they try hard. Then they can go home and still get paid for 8 hrs. If they choose to, they can take on a second route (from a co-worker that called in sick or ??) and get paid overtime. And in most cases they can still arrive home before their 8 hour shift is done.

There is alot more to it but now most of you know why it cost so much to ship a small parcel in Canada. U.S citizens can ship accross their Country cheaper than I can ship across town.

Oh Yeah,, The people threatening strike take home about $1600 every two weeks plus a benefit package etc. They really don't have any reason to btch at all. I say let 'em walk, strike, do whatever they want.....

But don't give 'em what they want!!!

They are lucky to have a job right now and there are plenty of people that are needing jobs just to put food on the table. Never mind there freakin' sick days!
    agree 100%. People are desperate for jobs, and would be more than happy to take over.

I think you should send Doby and Douggie to reason with them LOL
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by chummer View Post
    Alot of Canadian Postal carriers can finish their route in aprox. 4 hrs if they try hard.
    Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't think they're the hardest workers out there, but I work from time to time in a number of Canada Post buildings. I've seen as the carriers come in at 5am to sort the mail they have to deliver, then load their own vehicles with mail to take to the distribution boxes along their route. Then - their 4 hour delivery route begins. That's the part you don't see - and they do it every day.

Some of the ones with the longer routes get the little CPC delivery trucks, but not all of them.

If you've watched the guys (and women) lug boxes and boxes of "real" mail and all that darned admail (which even they hate to carry) up to load their cars when it's 20 below - before their day even begins, you may feel a bit for them.

Also, the farther you get away from the big sorting plants (and the big cities), the nicer the people are. And, not all CPC workers are in the CUPW union (just most of them are), so don't paint them all with the same brush.

In the end, I think this is just a bunch of noise making. I think even CUPW knows that less and less people are sending mail, and the longer they are off the job, the more people will find alternatives to the old post office - and those people will not come back to the post office after the strike.

It just can't last that long - for no other reason than that.

Quote Originally Posted by kookie_guy View Post
    When did I ever say they were lazy?? I said they are whiny ass babies, not lazy. Mailmen/women around here drive up to a central box, with totes full of mail in the back of their van. They open the boxes, and put people's mail in them. Then it's up to ME to go and get my mail from the central box. That's the new practice. Actually carrying letters one by one to a house is fading out.

agree 100%. People are desperate for jobs, and would be more than happy to take over.
    Thats what they do around where i live, easy as it gets. 24/hr to start is a lot, i dont care if they had to walk, i guarantee construction labourers who start at 13 bucks an hour and pack wood are working there bodies alot worse than a mailman walking door to door with some letters. LOL

Lets see, in 20 minutes I'm going to start loading 40kg bags of cement into my truck, get to work start mixing cement and carrying rocks up and down scaffold for 10 hours, then come home and go do quotes, I should be done around 8 tonight!
    Posties are lazy!
    I have no pension but what I save, no medical and dental, no job security.......
    If our postal system was functional it wouldn't be so bad but we pay outrageous rates for really bad service!
    I say privatize!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    I say privatize!

trust me its only a matter of time. here in the states the post office is to top heavy with bosses. you can have 1-2 bosses for every five employees.

I think it would be easier to just send the mail with someone travelling in that general direction, instead of paying someone crazy amounts of money to get it there, then it gets delivered to the house. Either way, we'll start seeing mail and garbage helicopters take of and land at each house.

Default Rates

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    Lets see, in 20 minutes I'm going to start loading 40kg bags of cement into my truck, get to work start mixing cement and carrying rocks up and down scaffold for 10 hours, then come home and go do quotes, I should be done around 8 tonight!
    Posties are lazy!
    I have no pension but what I save, no medical and dental, no job security.......
    If our postal system was functional it wouldn't be so bad but we pay outrageous rates for really bad service!
    I say privatize!
    Mark, I am very familiar with both systems, Canada and the US. I choose not to demean any person who gets out of bed each day and goes to work to support his or her family.There is one big difference in how the postal systems operate. Although the Canadian Postal rates are much higher than in the States, the actual cost to ship articles is charged. Not so south of the border. I have read in the Bradenton Herald the USPS is subsidized by the Federal goverment to the tune of 1.9 billion dollars per year. I prefer to pay now and not add postal costs to the ever rising national dept.
    PS, please let me know when you and John are getting together to run/work on your boats. BG

It is what it is. I do respect the collective bargaining process even if I may be inconvenienced by the job action.

Brian, Mark, I am hoping to get the boats in the water sometime this weekend some time after getting the full size boat launched and in her slip at the marina. I'm thinking that Sunday afternoon might work. Manley, my stepson is with us this weekend and is anxious to get his sv27 running. Will be charging batteries tonight.

Cool I'll be ready for Sunday afternoon, looks like it will be a nice day! Moving the motor back tonight, should help getting the cg back a bit farther.
    I'll have a new prop balanced for Sunday, although I think it will work better on the rigger.

As for the postal strike I got mail today

mail lady got snowed on today

The strike is moving East. I am on the West coast. So fingers crossed, nothing crazy happens from now till Monday. Need to ship out an important parcel.
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
    The strike is moving East. I am on the West coast. So fingers crossed, nothing crazy happens from now till Monday. Need to ship out an important parcel.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast