Thread: 2 Props in 2 days

Default 2 Props in 2 days

So I took my MG to the lake this weekend and thought it was ganna be a blast. Never expected this...

I broke two plastic stock Miss geico props (same as the prather 215 ive heard) in 2 days. I never actually saw them hit anything and i never hit ground or.. anything! But somehow I managed to break 2 of them in 2 days.

The first time i ran it was a little choppy and she was jumpin a bit but then i brought her in cause she was runnin pretty slow and both blades were chopped in half. Second run was perfect! very fast, smooth, and no broken prop. Third run it broke about a minute in.. and it was only one blade? Only possible explanation would b a stick or something? I have no idea..
    Attached Images Attached Images

turtles? Gators? Nile Carp?

Buy a metal prop and end your grief.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    turtles? Gators? Nile Carp?

Buy a metal prop and end your grief.
    possibly turtles, definitely no gators.. im ganna guess and say it was sticks because it was windy and there were trees and i saw quite a few sticks in the water but i dont see how it could run completely perfect in between breaking two?

You missed the sticks the second run! The colder the water is, the more brittle those carbon props are. I mentioned gators cause down here in florida if it's bigger than a bathtub it has a gator in it. Wasn't sure where you're located. ;-)
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

proboat plastic props suck. period. i broke 5 in two days before i got smart and got a real prop when i first started out

if you over tighten plastic props, they can develope small splits that will fail under load. if you must use them, try not to tighten nut too much

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    I mentioned gators cause down here in florida if it's bigger than a bathtub it has a gator in it. Wasn't sure where you're located. ;-)
    lol, guess it makes swimming out to get a flipped boat THAT much more dangerous.