Thread: mounting servo ??

Default mounting servo ??

Just wondering if someone had some good ideas on how to mount a servo to this boat...don't really want to use zip strips....whats a better way ..?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Use the inexpensive plasitic mount or the nicer aluminum mount from the OSE store. Rough either mount up and the hull with 80 grit paper and use epoxy to mount it.

I looked on the ose ,,,couldn't find where he has them

I found it ...thank you

Nevermind. I see you found them. And I cant copy and paste yet obviously.

Here's how I did it for a friend's Arowana. Small top piece and two wood screws.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by davey View Post
    Just wondering if someone had some good ideas on how to mount a servo to this boat...don't really want to use zip strips....whats a better way ..?
    O man you got a Vanquish... Good luck my friend! Here's how I did mine. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=94

Here's the whole thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405388 I sold that thing after the first run what a turd. I bought the Osprey instead so much better it's night and day.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Yes I got one ...for 75 bucks all in......I just ordered a servo mount which I will screw and epoxy ....I took that big wood platform in the middle ,,,cut it down and re mounted it long ways and lower....I put one more layer of fiberglass down reinforcing the bottom.....not sure what I'll do next to it...thank god I didn't pay full pop...

Quote Originally Posted by davey View Post
    Yes I got one ...for 75 bucks all in......I just ordered a servo mount which I will screw and epoxy ....I took that big wood platform in the middle ,,,cut it down and re mounted it long ways and lower....I put one more layer of fiberglass down reinforcing the bottom.....not sure what I'll do next to it...thank god I didn't pay full pop...
    That's how much they use to cost new. I bought mine in the first batch and I think I paid $78 for it minus shipping which was like $60. Good luck. Read my thread if you get time. Get rid of the trim tabs.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"