Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 102 mph mono subs and smokes!

Default 102 mph mono subs and smokes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR5ug...&feature=feedu

Subscribe! These guys have awesome stuff!

She was screaming for sure. Then it got blurry.

crazy ass germans have too much time and money on their hands. Can you imagine what that OOPS cost him? Jeeeez!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Man that thing really traveled a ways under water. Just think how upset you were at Ackerman last Sunday w/ your P-mono Jim.... coulda been a SAW 100+mph boat..... oh and PS, glad you found the problem w/ it.

Yeah, the camera guy had to look for it!

burnin up anything upsets me, let alone a Schulze controller!! Wow! Those things are close to $700! And then you add everything else that probably was destroyed. I wonder how bad his hull burned?

Yeah, that was a happy circumstance finding was went wrong with the P Mono. Still have to test it to be sure the mags, etc. weren't damaged in the motor. I have a spare 1515/1Y if that's the case.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

102mph on a GP(GUES)S doesn't mean anything. I'll believe it when he runs it through the traps that fast. By the way this is what a mono looks like at almost 100mph.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhllBU0UCk8 That didn't even look close.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Harris View Post
    102mph on a GP(GUES)S doesn't mean anything. I'll believe it when he runs it through the traps that fast. By the way this is what a mono looks like at almost 100mph.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhllBU0UCk8 That didn't even look close.

Chris
    Great, more stipulation on GPS. Who cares? Just enjoy the video and move on. And the two videos look very similar. Hardly any difference between the two by watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Great, more stipulation on GPS. Who cares? Just enjoy the video and move on. And the two videos look very similar. Hardly any difference between the two by watching them.
    Exactly, and thank you.
    BTW, that group of guys are building some of the fastest FE boats in the world. Watch their vids if you don't believe me.

I think thats the group that Manuel runs or works with. They do have some sweet and fast boats for sure.

81 MPH on 4s GPS club I take it??
    BTW Jim, that's Italian! lol

D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Yes, Doug, on GPS. Its my own personal achievement. Nothing official. Im not a racer of any kind, just having fun with my boats and my GPS. Should I edit my signature to say GPS?

Yes, Doug, on GPS. Its my own personal achievement. Nothing official. Im not a racer of any kind, just having fun with my boats and my GPS. Should I edit my signature to say GPS?
    No man just keep having fun!! LOL
    Some SAWs guys (myself included) look at one way Kamikaze GPS runs a bit differently then most. Back it up with certified timing equipment was his point.
    I'm sure he meant no disrespect.

Chris knows about some of the fastest boats in the world fellas, he owns a few, and knows what it takes to get there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wLfu...eature=related

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Here are two more vids of the same run.
    I think just jumps and it doesn't sub, you can see the hull before it hits the water. That thing is fast!!
    The second one shows some of the aftermath!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-QT...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEcLU...watch_response

There are two speed controllers and one outdrive!
    They copied me!
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

I guess Italian SAW events don't count, huh?
    Looks like 102mph to me!

I got tired of waiting for whatever is wrong with that video. Did he make TWO consecutive passes averaging 102.mph?
    If he did congratulations Ralf!!!
    Sorry about the carnage.
    Doug

PS It did get to the scene of the accident rather quickly!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I guess Italian SAW events don't count, huh?
    Looks like 102mph to me!
    I never said that! What I have a problem with is the claim of "fastest in the world"
    when they are relying on GPS. It is really a slap in the face of the guys who work for years developing their boats by going to SAW events who put up real vaidated numbers at sanctioned events. I have no problem with someone saying what their boat GPS'd at, just don't make "fastest in the world" claims until it's done at a SAW event, backed up both ways, and witnessed.

Chris

I watched both vids and there both VERY fast monos. Even though the doctor says my vision is better than most, my eyes cant approximate speed like alot of guys. I agree that Mr. Crowthers boat does look faster.....and was verified and backed up through the traps. I think a GPS can provide a claim to a given speed but 2 passes through the traps is VERIFICATION!

Just my opinion anyway

Kevin

1st to flip on race day club

Yeee.... ...... Hawwww.....

What a bummer that is.......
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

I agree with Chris, the FE mono did not look like 100 MPH

It didn't take long for this to turn into a GPS vs speed traps vs calibrated eyeballs debate.

By the way, I have the worlds fastest Mini Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    I got tired of waiting for whatever is wrong with that video. :
    Burt, if you upgraded that Commodore 64 of yours to someting from this century, you might be able to see the video.

Actually it didn't work for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Burt, if you upgraded that Commodore 64 of yours to someting from this century, you might be able to see the video.

Actually it didn't work for me either.
    Yea the first vid i posted has something wrong with it.

I am more interested in what was inside the boat than the official speed. It sure looked like 2 speed controllers and one was burnt in the second vid. I wonder if there is an foreign build thread for this boat? If there are two 40.160's and 3080's in there that was a VERY expensive crash!
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

The guy making the video "guesstimated" 7000 euros in damage.

It was running on 12S and there was some sort of short on the lipo side, they were trying to recover the ESCs.

Just subscribing..............................
    Last edited by Punisher 67; 05-31-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Its always fun to listen with a certain perspective. No matter how you explain it, GPS accuracy is always guaranteed to be combative. Folks have to convince themselves and those around them. They need that pat on the back. I did it! See! Prove me wrong! What ego goes there? Yet they would never show up to a sanctioned race or use empirical methods that can prove what they boast.

Sit back and listen to the reasoning. Going to be entertaining no matter what.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked1 View Post
    Yea the first vid i posted has something wrong with it.

I am more interested in what was inside the boat than the official speed. It sure looked like 2 speed controllers and one was burnt in the second vid. I wonder if there is an foreign build thread for this boat? If there are two 40.160's and 3080's in there that was a VERY expensive crash!
    A few years ago I beleive Lehner made some custom motors for himself to run at the German SAW that were like two motors in one and had six leads that came out and ran two ESC's. This may be something like that.

Chris

Aw... you gotta like the second one better!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

I enjoyed watching both. I know about the inaccuracies with GPS speed racing, but its fits the sport boaters just fine. I wouldn't mind participating in a sanctioned SAW event for the fun of it and to compare the differences in speed between GPS and radar gun or whatever they use. I apologize to Chris and the thread as a whole for snapping back.

You guys are correct on there being two esc's ( not a great picture I know ) . very interesting setup to say the least . A build thread would certainly be some interesting reading . You have to give the Germans credit for pushing the limits of what is possible in electric motor and ESC design .

Hey Gerwin where are you , some more info please
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Perhaps Manuel will chime in here. I recall him telling me that boat had a 3080 driven by two 40.160wk's that were coupled. I don't think its 7000 Euro worth of damage, but certaintly 2000 Euro.

IMO, the mono was probably very close to 100mph if not over. Yes it was a GPS speed, but none the less very impressive.

Tyler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast