Thread: 6s power!!!

Default 6s power!!!

Ok Im really itching to use my MA 6000xls in my p1 I have 2x 6000MAH 3s lipos to run in series...

I know the stock motor cant handle 6s so wold this work as a direct replacement???
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11181

If not Im gonna replace the motor mount with a water cooled one and use a CC 2200 in runner with more water cooling....

The ESC can supposedly handle 6s??? but I will replace it with a seaking 180 or a cc marine esc not sure yet...

I hope the rest of the drive train will hold up...

Yes it will fit straigt in the stock clamp. Read my thread on this as I had the same motor on 5s with a 90a esc. It was awesome on 5s. Just don't tighten the clamp up to tight.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=19203

Quote Originally Posted by jamespl View Post
    Yes it will fit straigt in the stock clamp. Read my thread on this as I had the same motor on 5s with a 90a esc. It was awesome on 5s. Just don't tighten the clamp up to tight.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=19203
    I ordered that Motor Im gonna get a turnigy 180 amp esc Im just not sure if its a BEC???

any one have any experience with the CC 36v esc I was thinking about getting one but for $300 minus $50 for super savers its alot of $$$ Im pretty set on the Turnigy 180 amp....

I ran those motors on a twin cat on 6s great bang for the buck. In a single motor boat though that's a little on the high side unloaded rpm wise. The stock Venom Marine Pro esc is nothing but a over-priced seaking with venom decals. The stock outrunner that comes with the P1 is the same motor you are about to buy from HK with just a higher kv rating and venoms clamp motor mount on the front. They are both suppo motors, I don't like the suppo esc's but I do like the suppo outrunners a lot. Your going to run into the same problem with the seaking 180 as the seaking 60amp you currently have, both are rated 2s-6s. Me myself I never like running esc's to the max voltage. I would suggest run 5s. with that seaking 180 or grab the seaking 80hv esc, which is what i used.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I ran those motors on a twin cat on 6s great bang for the buck. In a single motor boat though that's a little on the high side unloaded rpm wise. The stock Venom Marine Pro esc is nothing but a over-priced seaking with venom decals. The stock outrunner that comes with the P1 is the same motor you are about to buy from HK with just a higher kv rating and venoms clamp motor mount on the front. They are both suppo motors, I don't like the suppo esc's but I do like the suppo outrunners a lot. Your going to run into the same problem with the seaking 180 as the seaking 60amp you currently have, both are rated 2s-6s. Me myself I never like running esc's to the max voltage. I would suggest run 5s. with that seaking 180 or grab the seaking 80hv esc, which is what i used.

I ran the same outrunner in my single apparition and it was definitely too much for the little guy, twin would be ok.

I suggest getting a T600 1400Kv, but it might not fit in you motor mount.

Quote Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
    I ran the same outrunner in my single apparition and it was definitely too much for the little guy, twin would be ok.

I suggest getting a T600 1400Kv, but it might not fit in you motor mount.
    T600 maybe to much torque for this mono. This hull is really REALLY narrow, I have a CC1518 in my P1, but have yet to run it. Haven't had the time. I have a really small prop on it, a prather s215 s&b and detongued. This motor should have ice coming from it with this light of a setup lol... I had this motor sitting spare for a long time with no home, so I figured what the hell and stuck it in this P1 i picked up from the swap shop, i think it's pretty much overkill in this hull lol....

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1304048735
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    i think it's pretty much overkill in this hull lol....

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1304048735
    Nah, looks perfectly at home in there!

Quote Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
    Nah, looks perfectly at home in there!

Its def looks perfect