Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ProBoat's new 29" Mystic Brushless catamaran

so when will these be available?

I wish theyd made the hatch cutout more of a rectangle....!

I see there is a desing difference between the Kintec and proboat offset rudder.
    Any word on that, less drag ore is the kintec patend protected, ore anything else.

I got the kintec on my MG last night and it did nothing to stop the bouncing.Also the boat felt a tad slower once installed also.
    Drammen rock City

I had the new MG29 in my hand over the weekend as I was at the Nats. The offset is done well and looks nice. Other than that, everything is the same as on the Geico hull. (except electronics) I did not see it run but was told by several it did still have the bounce. Ive said this as has Darin a hundred times on here. The offset has nothing to do w/ getting the bounce out. Its all about trim and finding the right cog. Even when trimmed out right, these hulls seem to not want to settle until they are above 40-41mph. In fact, several people on here have gotten the bounce out and still use the inline set up. The offset should not have slowed you down at all. the only thing it should change is it should help to hold speed throughout a turn. It will still slow a little, but not near as much as it did w/ the rudder inline.

I know Tique, I've read several places about cog and adjustment, but I had to try it.
    here is from last night with the offset,and 4s and 5s testing, lipo far front center, and all the way back, strutt up and down etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd0rE...el_video_title

will try another prop than prather 215 that's on now.
    Drammen rock City

Vbuser Guest

The Mystic I saw run at the nats did NOT have a bounce like the Geico. I did take a video, but my son lost the cell phone it was on. I thought he texted the video to Darin, so I will check.

Quote Originally Posted by jtritto View Post
    The Mystic I saw run at the nats did NOT have a bounce like the Geico. I did take a video, but my son lost the cell phone it was on. I thought he texted the video to Darin, so I will check.
    That would be interesting to see. Im only going from what I heard, but like I said, I was told it bounced by at least 3 people. In any event, my point was, the offset doesnt change that. They are the same boats therefore will have the same issues and have to be set up properly to keep out the "wah wah wah"

Found a nice vid of the Horizon people talking about the new Mystic. Review starts at about 6:30. Nice up close look at the boat. My pop has the Geico and its a great boat, I think I might be selling off some of my stuff to get this. Looks like a great upgraded package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiC6...eature=related
    Go Fast...Turn Right...

Well he took a 4th overall in it so it cant be all bad LOL..."wah wah wah" or no "wah wah wah" hahahaha
    its a MUCH improved package over the MG and i refuse to call it the MG29 hahahaha....and since i have one coming its makes me biased...the MYSTIC is not due to ship to Canada until June the 20th!
    Spektrum Radios
    Proboat "Impulse" 31 Deep-V
    Proboat "Mystic" (On the list!)

is it true that with the offset rudder the boat will only turn one direction
    i was told by proboat that this boat was made for racing and it only really turns one way

ok cool, i really like the mystic mainly because its white and then the bigger motor
    so can i run it as just a normal boat playing in the lake and pond or should i get the mg

proboat told me to get the mg unless i was racing

Default wa waa

Quote Originally Posted by jtritto View Post
    my geigo was at the nats and it didnt bounce ether....it had a driver with no deepth perception but still turned 11 laps in one heat.......u guys are going ga ga for the mystic...its cool and all....id get one if my geigo was crap but its the same boat after i made mods to it......the good thing about the mystic to me is that the mods are allready made for you.........prop and battery placemnt is all u need to get rid of the waa waaa's
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Default Mystic available date

Can anyone tell me when this boat will actually be purchasable and deliverable and were will be the best place to buy it first?

I just ordered mine from horizon and was told that they "should" have them July 10 and I should get it within a week... I am not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingures!!!! Jason

Default mystic

Thanks Jason that works for me.

So, I've been following this thread for a while eagerly anticipating this model and knowing I had to have it for my first "real" marine model. I ended up pre-ordering late last night. I looked at my order information just a few minutes ago and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but now it reads:

Your Order
    Horizon Order #: XXXXXXX
    Submitted: 07/07/2011 Shipped: 07/07/2011
    Warehouse: IL Source: Web
    Shipping Method: Ground

I had to register right away and post this to see if anyone else's pre-order for the Mystic PNP now reads "shipped", as it didn't say that earlier in the day. I haven't received any shipping notification e-mails yet, also the funds have not left my bank account (though it usually takes 2-3 days for charges to show up there anyhow).
    The only item in my order was this boat, so it's not a partial order shipment or anything like that that it could be meant for.

I'll keep you guys updated, but let me know what your orders say - for those of you who have pre-ordered.

Oh, and since I've finally registered, hello everyone! You guys have a great forum going here and I thank you for all the useful info I've come across reading through various threads!
    -Jeff

If you do have one on the way, post some good pics when you get it.
    Catching Air!

Woohoo! Congrats!!!

I'll definitely try to hold my excitement long enough for a few good pictures before I run off to the nearest lake... But no promises!

I was very excited when I saw the pink package notification slip in the mailbox on Saturday. Too bad it was after my apartment office closed for the day so I had to wait until noon on Sunday. And sure enough when I went to get the package, it turned out to be a CD my roommate ordered from amazon. D'oh! I had all sorts of doubts that it would be my boat anyhow, but still I couldn't help but be disappointed.

I still have not received an official shipping notification e-mail, nor have the funds left my bank account. Has anybody else heard anything or received a shipping notification yet?

On an unrelated note, my neighbor who works at a hobby shop had someone come in yesterday looking for a bunch of parts for their Supervee 27 and after some talking decided they didn't want to take the time & money to fix it. My neighbor noted that he knew a guy (me) who was looking for a boat, and the customer said I could have it for $40. Needs a motor and a flexshaft/prop/stuffing tube, but has a good hull/ESC/servo/hardware. Apparently he tried to run a Traxxas Velineon 3500 motor in it or something? So now we'll see what I get in the water first, the SV project boat, or my Mystic.

I ordered the PNP: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB4075
    It comes out before the RTR, - used to say Mid July, now they removed that part, which should mean good things... *holds breath*

Default Mystic 29

how will the new boat perform on 5s? Are there changes needed or can you use the stock electronics fopr 5S?

So, I e-mailed & also spoke on the telephone with Horizon Hobbies about my order (what a crazy idea, right?) and it's official that the release date has actually been pushed back and that my order history status was a mistake. Oh well. The PNP is looking like they'll get it in the last week of July and the RTR will be early August. So I'd say anyone would be lucky to unbox a Mystic this month.

I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order so the funds won't get tied up for now. I hope to re-order it again as the release gets closer though. Until then, it's time to get some SV27 parts... and maybe a DX3c to put me in a good mood again!

gek - as for the 5s question, the guys with the Stiletto might be able to tell you, I believe that has the same power system already as the Mystic is going to have. The 1500 Miss Geico motor would handle 5s with a 60amp speed control if i'm not mistaken, but i'm not sure what the increase to the mystic 1800kv motor would require for a speed control.

what sort of SV27 parts are you looking for? I have several SV27's laying around collecting dust.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    what sort of SV27 parts are you looking for? I have several SV27's laying around collecting dust.
    I'll send you a PM, don't want to run off topic here.

The Horizon site now displays the PNP as available in Early September, and the RTR in Late August.

If this boat gets delayed any further, the lakes in Minnesota here are going to freeze before I can even get one.

I hear you midnight! I'm anxious to get the Mystic on the water too. In fact, according to the Horizon website the Mystic won't be out until early September. I'm guessing (others here would know better) that they want to make sure everything is right with this boat. Heck, maybe it's a manufacturer issue. I do recall last summer waiting....and waiting...and waiting for the Geico to come out. They pushed out delivery a number of times only to have the issue with the flex shaft discovered after the boat was on store shelves AND in peoples hands that had purchased them. It happens.
    I never did get the Geico. Glad I didn't. I don't have the skills or patience that alot of the kind folks on here have to do mods and upgrades (although I did just sharpen and balance my first prop ). The Geico is a fine looking boat no doubt! The Mystic sounds like just what the doctor ordered...for me.
    So, until Sept....I guess I'll keep waiting to add a third Proboat to my small fleet.
    P.S. Even though we're going to have heat in the high 90s and low 100s this week in Minnesota....we'll have a thin layer of ice forming on our favorite boating lakes before we know it! Heres to Mystic delivery sooner than later!
    Proboat fan
    They call me DOUBLE D

I am right there with you guys,,,,, Just waiting for my Mystic. I hope that it is worth the wait!!! I will just have to finish my MeanMachine in the meantime!!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast