Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ProBoat's new 29" Mystic Brushless catamaran

So now we will have two pretty well identically sized and powered boats on the market right out of the box. MC and this one.....excellent for an apples to apples comparison.

LSO is getting better and better. Well done AQ and PB.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    So now we will have two pretty well identically sized and powered boats on the market right out of the box. MC and this one.....excellent for an apples to apples comparison.

LSO is getting better and better. Well done AQ and PB.
    Very well done to both PB and AC.

Yay! Great looking boat. PB and AQ are goin at it huh? I havent had a rtr in some time, but there are a couple looking pretty sweet right now!

The sample I sent to Ken to race at the Nats is pretty much how it comes, with the exception of the Octura coupler I installed, and the upgraded contacts on the motor and ESC. I also did some blue-printing on the sponsons and put 2-Part foam up in the nose. Stuff anyone could do, which will make it more trouble-free during the course of a race weekend.

I've never had this sample in the water, so Ken is going to have to dial it in a bit. Hopefully I have it close off the bench and he settles in on a prop quickly. Should be pretty simple to figure out.

I'm very happy that PB and AQ are able to supply the community with some quality RTRs that actually have a legit place to go race now! Should be good for participation in this fun and exciting hobby of ours!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Never say that D! It always ends in a broken promise. Always.
    When I call looking for a place to "stay/vacation" for a few days/weeks/months/years..... You will know how well she got over it...

Looks like I need to make some room on the shelf for this bad boy...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Damn, I just got my MG.....
    Well, time for garage sale on some of the staff to get mula for new boat....
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I'm very happy that PB and AQ are able to supply the community with some quality RTRs that actually have a legit place to go race now! Should be good for participation in this fun and exciting hobby of ours!
    Well said. I cringe telling people, "oh yeah, the boats $xxx.xx, but you need to do this and this and this and this if you want it to be competitive and race worthy. Darin and Grim are doing a great job of handling and resolving the "this and this" things.

Those who know me and those who run w/ me know how much I love my PBMG. Started out shaky, but now we're in a serious relationship. This new one seems like its going to be love at first run.

Darin, has the bushing issue that some have come accross been addressed?

Uh?

It's the same boat and you already have the offset rudder and the reinforced hatch...

Or you don't like yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Damn, I just got my MG.....
    Well, time for garage sale on some of the staff to get mula for new boat....

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Darin, has the bushing issue that some have come accross been addressed?
    Good Question... I had forgotten about that. The new hardware was spec'd to have lead-teflon bushings, instead of the brass-ish bushing that is in the MG. That's what appeared to have been the case in the sample I sent to Ken. I did look at it when put the shaft back in after doing the blueprinting on the bottom. I'll confirm when I get the Production sample.

''O God'' its killing me heres anew one and i just cant get my MG fast enough everywere you look cats cats,,O shipping please hurry!!!!

you see what happens when you get involved and listen to what the boats guys are saying about it.... you get the next version with the necessary upgrades done and proven. nice work proboat

darin we may not always see eye to eye but great minds think alike here.....my mg has the 1800 from the stiletto and a 120a esc....is that the same motor in the mystic>? ill get to see kens next week
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Just bought a brand new MG.. just missed it.. just barely. Still a great boat though

Aww its Rons softer side beautiful... Id imagine its the same motor and esc as the Stilletto. Ron, what prop are you spinning on yours? 642?

Incase anyone is interested, this may help answer some questions or wonder about the 1800 motor. This is my latest Geico that I recently picked up like new but it came w/ the 1800PB motor. I ran it on a detongued and slight tip cup 642, 4S2P turnigy packs 4000mah, 30C. My original Geico set up was the factory 1500 motor, a 120A speedy and a M445 slightly modded. It showed a consistant 42 to 43 mph on a garmin forerunner 101 gps. Running against the MM thats shown in this vid, we came to the conclusion that although complete different set ups, props etc, the boats were within .1 or 2 mph of eachother. Running the new (used) boat this past weekend, the MM and the Geico are still almost the same speed. So I recon you will be in the low 40s w/ the ease of a simple prop swap. However, in a 4 min LSO heat, it ran quite a bit warmer than Id like. Also, this was its first run of me owning it, so theres a bit of bounce and the wa-wa, come 2nd run which was not recorded, I got almost all of it out. And mind you for those that are still stuck on a offset rudder fixing the wa-wa. Heres proof its all in the strut and cog. This one HAS the offset.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC_RbB_5exc

ii have always ran the 642 on mine.....i found the sweet spot for the batteries and no waa waass's told ya scott come over to the nats with me.....

Do you know are there any plans to sell the rudder offset, bushing upgrade, etc separately for those of us with the older version?

Dave, you can do the offset using the Octura stand-offs for pretty close to nothing. The bushings quite easy as well, just FYI.

Wish I could make it over there Ron but its just not do-able. I would like to put my hands on the new PB hardware though, just to get close and personal w/ it. Looks nice. Ill get Bill and Chris to get me some stills.

like scot says the parts will be out soon enough and the octura standoffs are inexpensive...i finally had to go to kentec standoff as i cant stop hitting buoys and the octura standoffs dont seem to hold up very well .....i seem to strip the standoffs when i repair the rudder

looks like i will be seeing this boat in action first hand next friday,

Will they still be making the green Miss Gieco hauls or will they all be white now? I dig the green, its different.

I havent heard of them discontinuing the Miss Geico. And I hope they dont. It is something different and in my opinion looks good. I do like how well the green shows up on the water. The issue is when a bunch are running in the same class... gets confusing. Hate drivina lap realizing I was driving someone elses boat.

Yea I remember those days when the slash was new :)

Geez am I late on singning up glad I waited was planninin on The MG , but I like the Mystic white hull you can do allot with it , and happen to have a spare mr 3000 receiver .

By looking at the rear of the boat, Is the flex shaft/prop off set to the left ?

Quote Originally Posted by wppracing View Post
    By looking at the rear of the boat, Is the flex shaft/prop off set to the left ?
    No... just the rudder...

Will a stock Mystic be -much- faster than a stock MG with its new Motor and ESC ?

I have a MG with Kintec offset rudder and x642 prop. Everything else is stock. So no real reason for me to switch I guess.
    Last edited by Stingray; 06-02-2011 at 03:51 AM.

saw the mystic today at the nats......it looks really good......the standoff rudder is alot farther to the side then the geigo but the white hull is very nice and the finish was outstanding.....havent seen it run yet thats tomorrow....it will have alot of compatition (not frm me i drive like hell) but ken is really a experenced driver .... lots of different boats in the lso class, titans,geigo's motly crews etc

oh ya the wind is blowing here like 20 mph...boats were blowing over all day

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Damn it I told the wife no more new boats this year... O well she'll get over it....... I hope

sweet looking cat by the way!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Great Results! Looks like Ken Haines was able to drive my ProBoat Mystic cat to a 4th place overall finishe in P-Limited Offshore at the FE Nats!! Nice work, Ken!! Can't wait to hear how things went and what your setup ended up being!

Day 2 FE Nats Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast