Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ProBoat's new 29" Mystic Brushless catamaran

Quote Originally Posted by ecoovert View Post
    You may want to take a look at my vid bud and you will notice how far away my boat was from the camera as compared to how close the boat is in the vid you posted. The later to me seems much slower than my vid. It would be one thing to say my vid looks more like 70 or 75 but 50. C'mon bud I didnt just fall off the turnup wagon. I also was there in person and did all the calculations and if you look at the description in the vid I posted and here it is incase you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3FDsfhHJ4 If you look at a later description I posted on the OSE site you will amlso notice this wasn't my speed run as my camara guy wanted to go home before I replaced my batteries. I don't have a gps but if you want further proof I can tell you where you can get a measurement of the lake and look at the vid again. You will see that theres no way that's only 50.
    LMAO!! Unlike you I'm not a cyborg and can not tell speed ether by sight or by counting fractions of a second, live or in video. I'm human. I rely on techinoligocal equipment for speed accuracy, not mathematical equations.

Oh, and this is the "Mystic" thread but once you strip the electronics they( Mystic and MG) become the same boat, just different color. But Eco may have a mathematical equation to prove that the MG paint scheme makes it go faster.

Look JackBlack26, I don't want to pick at a gnats hair but you seem to have missed my point. That comment was made in responce to someone stating that this thread is a Mystic thread to which I agreed I simply was explaining how the thread took off in the direction it did. You see, someone had an issue regarding the plugs on their Mystic. I was only trying to let him know that I had a boat similar to his and the plugs he was alluding to were the same plugs I was using on my boat, which happened to be a Miss Geico. I was answering someones question regarding his Mystic. I know the Mystic comes with a faster motor and a 60 amp esc. I never stated that the MG is faster than the Mystic due to its color scheme or anything else. If both boats are left in stock configuration the Mystic would be the faster boat hands down. Where do you get that I'm trying to "prove the MG paint scheme makes it go faster"? If you want to make a point please don't take things out of context. Oh. and as to your stating that you are not a cyborg... I would have to be off by more than a second to be doing less than 70. 1 second out of only five seconds. Even a monkey could be that accurate. I'm no cyborg either I know some truckers who would count the seconds between mile markers as well. Most people seem to be able to be within a few seconds out of sixty. I also never stated that I knew for a fact that my boat went 84.4mph. I think I even alluded to this only being a ballpark estimate but I would have to be off by about 2 seconds out of 5 to only be doing 50. That would be a real stretch.

Now as you can see we are back to talking about the MG again. I had backed out of this Mystic only thread but here we go again. Let's just take tiqueman's advice and agree to dissagree. I'll just go to an MG thread if that makes you happy.
    Last edited by ecoovert; 11-26-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Default Mystic 29 battery placement advice needed

This is my first post EVER on a forum. Six months into the RC hobby, and already have many cars, helicoptors, trucks, and 1/5 scale vehicles, even the 1/4 scale motorcycle--what a sick addiction (my mid-life crisis, if you will)! But only a month into boating. Been playing with a Spartan for a month, and just got the Mystic 29 today. Went over it, making some adjustments to the motor, and am ready to put it into the water the fist time this Friday. Running 6000 MAH 2S hardpacks, so what is a good battery placement? Was thinking about the front of the battery being the same as the back (collet side) of the motor. Stock everything for now (but NOT for long!!!). Any advice?

Hi there Brad, Welcome to our forum. Here are a few photos of how I place my batteries in my boat. B.T.W. this is how I had my lipos placed when I had her up to about 80mph. The lipos in this photo are 3s 5,000mah if I recall. The last photo is simply to show what it looks like empty. With the stock motor being lighter you may have to move the batteries farther forward than I'm showing here but if you start slow and find that it's off just bring her in and make the adjustments.

Miss Geico project 009.jpgMiss Geico project 010.jpgMiss Geico project 3 010.jpg

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ecoovert; 12-22-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Wow, those are WAY forward as compared to other postings. But that's where I'll start tomorrow. I've already had 50 MPH blowovers with my Spartan by getting the weight too far back. Thanks for the tip, and the photos.

Any time Brad. blowovers begin. Between the battery placement and the strut adjustment cats will account for most of what you can work on to adjust the ride of your boat. If you havn't done so yet you may want to add an offset rudder bracket to reduce the porpoising of the boat. You can buy one for about $30.00 or make your own like I did. This gets the rudder out of the way of the prop turbulance thus enhancing the stability of your boat. I'm sure I could move my batteries back some but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Don't know what the results of an 80 or 90 mph blowover would be like but I don't want to find out.

P.S. That motor wasn't even breaking a sweat in this video.

Last edited by ecoovert; 12-22-2011 at 10:22 PM.

The Mystic 29 comes with the rudder offset. It still bounces a lot. What strut height is good to help with this? Stock is a few MM up from the bottom. I have heard several things. Should I try level with the bottom or the sponsons--moving it down a few MM from stock?

Back to the lake Saturday. Should have several more weeks before the lake freezes.

The Spartan is fast as hell--55+ MPH with mild upgrades, but the Mystic 29 is a really fun boat, and I know I could make it faster with new electronics, but, for now, I'll sharpen up this prop a bit, and upgrade the electronics next spring.
    Last edited by Brad; 12-23-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Sorry I forgot the Mystic does come with an offset rudder. Guess I'm just so used to talking to guys about their MGs. I don't know if it's just me but My MG seems to settle down once I break about 60mph. It almost seems as if she needs that kind of speed to really get on plane. It could just be the way I have her adjusted.

Good battery placement. With the stock motor, the back of the batteries equal with that wooden crossmember worked perfectly. I'll put in a more powerful motor/esc next spring. What do you use to get the 60+ MPH? You appear to have a Leopard and the Turnigy 180 ESC (which, I hear, is the SAME as the Seaking 180, just better priced).

A good placement for the stock motor is about an inch more forward (back of the battery equal to that cross member).

What motor/esc and prop gives you the 60+ MPH? It looks like you have the Turnigy 180 and a Leopard motor. I hear the Turnigy 180 is the same as the Seaking 180, only cheaper.

which leopard KV etc more info please how many cells ? thanks

Brad, I used a Tacon 4074 2150kv motor on 6s. As to the prop I'm not sure if I was using an x442 or x445 but it was one or the other. As to the esc I have one of each and yes both are the same. Ths Turnigy 180 and Seaking 180 are the same.

Good question mavdriver, The motor and setup above that I told Brad about got her above 60 and that was with the Turnigy or Seaking 180 esc. If you want to go even faster you can try what I'm using now. I use the same 180 amp esc but with a Nemesis Gold 4082 2200kv motor on 6s with an X645 prop. Temps are still coming back cool and speeds are over 80mph. That motor puts out over 3500 peak watts or over 4.67 horsepower. That thing puts out more power than my lawn-mower.
    Last edited by ecoovert; 12-24-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks for the info .

Quote Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
    Thanks for the info .
    Any time mavdriver. I think you'll find we all like sharing info about our hobby.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910