Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ProBoat's new 29" Mystic Brushless catamaran

Default ProBoat's new 29" Mystic Brushless catamaran

Anyone seen this before : http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB4075 ? Looks like Darin is a busy man!

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    Anyone seen this before : http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB4075 ? Looks like Darin is a busy man!
    FINALLY!!! Cat's out of the bag!!

This is the same basic hull as the Miss Geico, but with some revised hardware, a different motor/ESC., and some other little details. It's been in works for quite a while (Since about the minute the Miss Geico actually hit the market! ) We wanted something that the racer and Sport driver could customize better (white base paint, minimal decals), and thought it was a good opportunity to have something a little hotter in the motor/ESC department.

Should be a nice addition to the lineup.

My personal early sample is actually all race-prepped, and on it's way to Ken Haines right now (mailed it yesterday). Ken will be racing it at the FE Nationals in Offshore... Here are a shot of the hardware setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Is the hull gelcoat or paint finish?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Is the hull gelcoat or paint finish?
    It's white paint. Same finish that all the other RTR boats in the lineup have.

I wish the RTR's would get away from paint and use gelcoat. Much more durable in my opinion. Cost difference is almost null considering the extra prep that paint requires.

Looks like a great boat though! Ken's gonna kill us in LSO! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    It's white paint. Same finish that all the other RTR boats in the lineup have.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Any shots of the inside Darin? What size flex-shaft is used?

Looks like a great boat! I may have to pick one up in june. Its not too steep of a price either which is good.

Makes sense now. HYDROJERRY just mentioned yesterday I think that he ordered a new "Geico" and it was said that its coming w/ the offset rudder.

Very nice Darin. Glad to see you worked at it and also listened to what "we the people" had to say about it.

Any chance you got PB to do anything about the little wires on the motor yet? I ran mine in LSO last weekend using a detongued 642, 1800KV PB motor and a 120A speedy and it ran pretty darn hot compared to its same speed using the M445 and 1500 motor. Any thoughts? I checked all the obvious, drive line binding etc and everything seemed fine. What prop might you recommend for the 1800 set up? or is that not public yet I also sent you a PM regarding this and something else I think yesterday or the day b4.

Quote Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
    Any shots of the inside Darin? What size flex-shaft is used?
    You know, I'm not sure I do. I'll have to look at home.

The inside is simlar to the MG. They placed the steering servo a little differently, and the battery trays are extended aft, almost all the way back. I'm pretty sure they'll have full pictures up on the site in the coming days.

I didn't even know this was getting posted, which shows you how in the loop I am at times...

Oh, Flex is a .150... Should be the same shaft as the MG.

It's also going to be release in two versions... Plug and Play, and as a RTR. Plug and Play= you add your RX and supply the TX. Should address the needs better of all of those "Other" radio users... :D

Plug and Play will be released first. RTR will be coming out at a later time (later this year, I believe).

It's also going to be release in two versions... Plug and Play, and as a RTR. Plug and Play= you add your RX and supply the TX. Should address the needs better of all of those "Other" radio users... :D

Plug and Play will be released first. RTR will be coming out at a later time (later this year, I believe).
    Base White, plug and play, nice hardware. Darin thanks for listening. I do not need another stupid radio.

Now develop the perfect 30" Hydro

when will the plug and play be available Darren? Oh I see it now on Horizons Site... says late june... hopefully this will hold true...

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    when will the plug and play be available Darren? Oh I see it now on Horizons Site... says late june... hopefully this will hold true...
    I can't make any promises, since this is WAY outside of my paygrade, but I WAS told that they were already packaged up in a container and were in the process of being shipped here, so we'll see.

Cool! white, minimal stickers! Just put this one at the top of the list for me!
    Much prefer to paint my own boats, lol hate having the exact same looking anything as someone else!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    Base White, plug and play, nice hardware. Darin thanks for listening. I do not need another stupid radio.

Now develop the perfect 30" Hydro

+100!

Now that offset bracket looks AWESOME!! Also, just saw the AQ, MC at the LHS and the finish looks like ass. The finish on the MG is close to flawless. The white makes it easier to swap in tqueman's FG lid too. I have an MG that's all white now but I will be picking up PNP version, for sure. Hopefully they let the paint sure all the way before installing the stickers so that one can change the scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    +100!

Now that offset bracket looks AWESOME!! Also, just saw the AQ, MC at the LHS and the finish looks like ass. The finish on the MG is close to flawless. The white makes it easier to swap in tqueman's FG lid too. I have an MG that's all white now but I will be picking up PNP version, for sure. Hopefully they let the paint sure all the way before installing the stickers so that one can change the scheme.
    Not so fast on using one of Tqueman's hatches....I just noticed that the new PB Mystic hull is 29" long with a 9" beam. The MG has a 30" length and an 11" beam. The new boat looks a little smaller so I don't know if it will fit right.

They sorted the rudder issue , why couldnt PB do some thing about the joke of a cheap a$$ hatch ??? Guess the MG hatch is a bloody good money maker for them ....
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

Quote Originally Posted by airman66285 View Post
    Not so fast on using one of Tqueman's hatches....I just noticed that the new PB Mystic hull is 29" long with a 9" beam. The MG has a 30" length and an 11" beam. The new boat looks a little smaller so I don't know if it will fit right.
    I'm sure Scott will make it work. A little tweak her and a little shave there. Worst case at least now we all know to ether glass or CF the inside of the lid. No big deal, IMO.

Just saw this...

Kinda lame if they made a whole new boat just to make it ARTR that was just a shy narrower and shorter. Did Darin really let that happen?

They are exactly the same hull, guys... Just a new crew doing the write-ups...

As for the hatch... this boat is SUPPOSE to also get an upgraded hatch... same design, likely same material, but thicker material. I haven't been able to verify that that happened, but that was the plan. I'll see what I can find out.

Damn it I told the wife no more new boats this year... O well she'll get over it....... I hope
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Question Darin:

Is the PB 1800 KV motor one of the new "approved" motors that recently got added to the list for P Spec?

Please lets not get off on a totally different tangent here folks...just looking for a yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by doby View Post
    question darin:

Is the pb 1800 kv motor one of the new "approved" motors that recently got added to the list for p spec?

Please lets not get off on a totally different tangent here folks...just looking for a yes or no.
    yes!

Excellent....end of that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Excellent....end of that topic.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast