Thread: CNC aluminum motor mount system for all boats !

Default CNC aluminum motor mount system for all boats !

Hay all ! I wanted to share a motor mount design in the works for us FE high performance minded and racers alike. This is my first scetch of a universal 1500 series and simulare motor mount that can be adapted for 4'' rails or fliped over and used in a hydro . It will also have short adapters for thoughs of us who don't use rails in a hydro and would preffer a narrower mount with cf side plates and will have up and down motor plate adjustment , not a pre fixed back and forth type......It will have a ressesed area for thrust bearing and collet with a groove to access set screw on collet just incase set screw gets ressesed in the motor plate . This mount will be 1/2'' thick for super strength and will also have optional CF esc mount for mono applications....The Idea behind this mount is to be able to remove a motor from one boat to the next with maximum ease and make doing maintenance easier. There will also be a rear support for motors bigger than a 1518......Let me know what you think....I will be talking with a local who owns 2 cnc mills, 1 cnc lathe and a wet jet cutter . Let me know if this motor plate is overkill and if it needs to be simplified. I think the idea is there !

I can also ad that for a twin cat with props between sponsons a plate binding two mounts together and you have a twin mount.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rearwheelin; 05-26-2011 at 03:14 AM.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Looks like a very good idea!

Really great news !!!......My manufacturer is totally hooked on getting this mount right for me. Will have a preview in very near future of 1st production run so stay tunned ! Motor plate will have 1'' and 25mm mount holes and a counter sunk 17mm bore for up to 8mm thrust bearing. Going to jet cut and cnc this week so looks like its going to happen. Wish I could share C.A.D. preview . Hydro mount is going to be a gem and expands to a twin mount !
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Default 3/16 skegged struts

I am also going to work on getting some skegged 3/16 struts made up for us cat fans ! Then some thin guage titanium turn fins for mono's.......
    --Albert Einstein

bring it on randy i am in!!!! love specialty stuff makes for more interesting boats!!!
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

any way to make it watercooled? (inserts in the front or back)

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    any way to make it watercooled? (inserts in the front or back)
    You can watercool it by using aluminum tubbing and JB weld ...
    --Albert Einstein

Looks like my machine shop wants to do a CNC run on a few pieces early next week !
    --Albert Einstein

what will the price be?

We will see what the machine shop needs and then I will let all know....They will not be cheep......... :)
    --Albert Einstein

I'm interested in seeing how well these trun out and the final price..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

i'm sure it would be cheaper to make a large batch, or do it through a company, instead of making them 2, 3 at a time.