Thread: 2nd try with motleycrew

Default 2nd try with motleycrew

as you know i had a prop shaft problem with my mc. called my lhs where i bought the boat and they wanted to see it. they were very surprised that the workmanship was as bad as it was. so they gave me a new mc and are sending the old one back. i took the new one home and desoldered the propshaft from the flex cable, tightened everything and adjusted the stuffing tube so everything lined up properly. my first run with stock prop was 34 mph. i changed the prop to a s&b x642. the speed went from 34 to 43.7 mph. not bad for just a prop change. next i tried a s&b 445m,now its gettin good. 47.1mph with a back up run of 46.9. i didnt change the cg or make an adjustment to the strut. everything but the props were stock. with a little more fine tuning i think we have a 50 mph machine here. im totally pumped with this thing.

We thought about heading over to the pond this evening. Wish we would have can't wait to see this run. Glad Doug and the crew made you a happy man.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZE WON View Post
    as you know i had a prop shaft problem with my mc. called my lhs where i bought the boat and they wanted to see it. they were very surprised that the workmanship was as bad as it was. so they gave me a new mc and are sending the old one back. i took the new one home and desoldered the propshaft from the flex cable, tightened everything and adjusted the stuffing tube so everything lined up properly. my first run with stock prop was 34 mph. i changed the prop to a s&b x642. the speed went from 34 to 43.7 mph. not bad for just a prop change. next i tried a s&b 445m,now its gettin good. 47.1mph with a back up run of 46.9. i didnt change the cg or make an adjustment to the strut. everything but the props were stock. with a little more fine tuning i think we have a 50 mph machine here. im totally pumped with this thing.
    Any vids of the motley crew running?

no not this time but as soon as it hits 50 i will post a vid.

I'll bring the video camera!

Mark

nice ,,,can;t wait to get mine going...so the 445 prop is the way to go...

I got an m645 on mine and is going fast but would like to try the 445

yeah, so far the m445 worked best. i think that with a few minor changes she'll do 50+. i have 2 miss geicos. i dont think that the mg in stock form with only a prop change would be close to this boat. i know that mine arent. it will be interesting to see what she will do with a ul1 motor. this thing handles like its on rails.

Have you tried the 645? Let us know what you set the strut at I want to adjust my but it runs so good at stock setting it hard to touch

thats the good part. so far the strut and cg havent been changed. my strut measures 1and1/8 inch from the bottom of the boat. i think moving the batteries back an inch or so will free it up just enough to hit 50

I know looks are deceiving but with the m645 prop the boat seems like it is almost doin 50 I need a gps