Thread: Motley Crew "Fix"

Default Motley Crew "Fix"

Michael GrimRacer Zaborowski,

I followed your instructions for aligning the flex shaft to the motor coupler.I bent the tube slightly, the motor mount slightly, it now lines up perfectly!the bend on the motor mount was done with everything installed except the motor coupler.This allowed me to center, or line up flex shaft with center of motor shaft.The flex shaft now spins freely in the teflon tube.

One thing I want to bring up.Looking at this now, it was a minor problem.Being a relative Nu B to this sport I didn't know how to approach this and sought help on this forum.I asked for and received advice from numerous sources.I also know modifying or altering a product voids warranty, as well as it should.More often than not, a manufacturer does a particular thing for a good reason.I would have contacted customer service at the Manufacturer before doing any altering or modifications and i should have stated so.

You, as the designer came forward to offer your expertise to fix this minor problem.Following your instructions, it took about 5 minutes to correct.You didn't have to do this, most others wouldn't do this.That shows the dedication and caring you have for the products you design, and sell and the sport you support.

You keep designing and testing boats to sell, and I'll keep buying them.

I tip my hat to you Sir;

Ol Skool

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Skool View Post
    Michael GrimRacer Zaborowski,

I followed your instructions for aligning the flex shaft to the motor coupler.I bent the tube slightly, the motor mount slightly, it now lines up perfectly!the bend on the motor mount was done with everything installed except the motor coupler.This allowed me to center, or line up flex shaft with center of motor shaft.The flex shaft now spins freely in the teflon tube.

One thing I want to bring up.Looking at this now, it was a minor problem.Being a relative Nu B to this sport I didn't know how to approach this and sought help on this forum.I asked for and received advice from numerous sources.I also know modifying or altering a product voids warranty, as well as it should.More often than not, a manufacturer does a particular thing for a good reason.I would have contacted customer service at the Manufacturer before doing any altering or modifications and i should have stated so.

You, as the designer came forward to offer your expertise to fix this minor problem.Following your instructions, it took about 5 minutes to correct.You didn't have to do this, most others wouldn't do this.That shows the dedication and caring you have for the products you design, and sell and the sport you support.

You keep designing and testing boats to sell, and I'll keep buying them.

I tip my hat to you Sir;

Ol Skool
    aquacraft is awesome, and mike is always been great

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    aquacraft is awesome, and mike is always been great

they don't beat around the bush and blame others, they come to the rescue right away...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Default Thank you!

I really have to say.. RC boaters are the best people I have had the pleasure of "playing toys" with.

I have done ALL types of miniature motor sports from table top truck pulling to Q-500 airplane racing and BOATERS.. for sure are great people.

Bringing a product to market is not easy AT ALL.. some of you got to follow along when the "Slip" on the Motley Crew came out some time ago. I of course could not divulge everything but it was fun to see some prototype pictures.

Take care buds and hope we get past all the first production blues with a few good runs and maybe a win or two.

Take care and thanks for the very nice words.

Michael "Grimracer" Zaborowski

i am sure u will get it all fixed etc..look what happened to the miss geigo first run on flex shafts lol......
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

mike, do you know how many motley crews were released on the first run? with the feed back so far it seems that not to many were.

Blaze,

Sorry, we do not talk numbers to the public.. I know that seems strange but its how its done every ware.

Not sure how you concluded your estimate on "not many". I can say.. even tho its says little at all.. we moved the same amount of Crews as we did in the release of the SV, UL1, SVR and so on..

Another thing I can say however is the Hobby Shops REALY snapped up the boats.. it was like a feeding frenzy!

ROCK AND ROLL

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Blaze,

Sorry, we do not talk numbers to the public.. I know that seems strange but its how its done every ware.

Not sure how you concluded your estimate on "not many". I can say.. even tho its says little at all.. we moved the same amount of Crews as we did in the release of the SV, UL1, SVR and so on..

Another thing I can say however is the Hobby Shops REALY snapped up the boats.. it was like a feeding frenzy!

ROCK AND ROLL

Grim
    I'd like to guess at 500. :-)
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

the reason i thought the 1st release numbers are low is that there isnt a lot of feed back on this site or others .