Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dissapointed with Motley crew

I just e-mailed her ,,,hopes its not late

My guess is it broke do to a very wobbly shaft and flex joint not being true. Which beat around in there until it broke the bushing.

Jeff,

yea its a bummer when the darn things dont run true but in our findings the lack of alignment has less to do with the falure then the very cable itsself..

Of cource soldering and or "teaching" somebody to solder can be tricky.. My FE boats.. ALL OF THEM.. have our cables in them.. I just check em over real close and re-solder if in need. Even my S spec rigger (raptor)

take care man

Grim

I hear ya, Mike.

I think most should just remove the cable and check for true and lube them up. I would also put them in a clamp and pull on the cable hard to see if she lets go before I dump a prop on the bottom.

Good soldering is easy to some but many it will not hold up because of the method. I now silver braze all mine like Hughey does. I even had one of those let go which tells me it was my error. I still like the loctite on many. Easy, clean and holds great.

Always going to have a few issues when dealing with overseas vendors. AQ can lay the law down to them for finish but cables are a different story.

Looks like a fun rig!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    I hear ya, Mike.

I think most should just remove the cable and check for true and lube them up. I would also put them in a clamp and pull on the cable hard to see if she lets go before I dump a prop on the bottom.

Good soldering is easy to some but many it will not hold up because of the method. I now silver braze all mine like Hughey does. I even had one of those let go which tells me it was my error. I still like the loctite on many. Easy, clean and holds great.

Always going to have a few issues when dealing with overseas vendors. AQ can lay the law down to them for finish but cables are a different story.

Looks like a fun rig!
    Jeff do you use Loctite 603 or 638 on flexes & do you drill them deep into the stub shaft. Thanks Martin.

hi all im glad i waited to see what happened and its a bummer pity coz its such a nice looking boat but since i have to get one from america its gunna cost me twice in shipping if somethings wrong which is a good possibility thats the only thing putting me off.

Because i have not found one for sale in aus i have found the geico but there asking 500 bucks so its cheaper getting it from you guys for 320 and 50 for shipping its hard when you want both pretty much equally.

Maybe the MC a little bit more but with some problems its the only thing putting me off but if i can find someone who can get one then do some fixes before he sends it to me such as a new shaft 5.5 bullets and a safety loop as its going to be a race boat.

But if i cant its probably going to get a geico less mucking about gotta live being a newbie i just dont really wanna pay shipping twice and waiting extra weeks lol anyways hope it all works out for you guys and a nice job otherwise i cant wait for a vid not only that near 50 on a prop change sounds unreal.

Great support Mike! I'm considering adding a Crue to the fleet over here.

Martin...neither of those numbers. Yes i lathe drill all my stubs much deeper.

I just picked up my new MC on Friday... Saturday took it out for it's maiden run and guess what!?!?? It went no further than 20 feet! Recovered the boat and found my GR 42-55 prop gone along with the brass bushing. The cable was broke off just inside the tube! Wow.. Bummer.... So far I'm Liking my gasser!

Oh, I forgot to mention... My buddy who has one loves it! I just need to get mine up and running. No regrets so far!

Received my MC Thursday just gone (Aussie time), thanks Steven for the fantastic service as usual. I havent had a chance to check it over fully as i flew out of country on vacation on Friday. I did however note the rough sandpaper finish but I'm ok with that, no big deal. I've also put myself on the watch list for OSE's replacement cable. This boat makes a great addition to my SV27 and UL1. Hopefully i can get hold of a replacement cable in time for my return from vacation in 3 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12