Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed with Motley crew

Default Dissapointed with Motley crew

Well just got my Motley crew...A few of us went to the pond to do some running...well some of us .the person who bought the crew ,,,just got to watch...because I put mine in the water,,,went about 30 feet ,,,motor reved up and boat came a scretching halt,,,,,,..after retreiving the boat ...one look and ...guess .................... no prop shaft or nothing,,,pretty @%$^ sad,,,,someone shoulg learn how to solder....I lost everything..... $30.00 prop etc........

Who can I call to give them a piece of my mind...I've never had a boat break so fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....very poor build,,,dissapointed

So, it's a poor build because the flex was poorly soldered? I'm sure they will take care of you, man.

I lost a VERY nice prop the other day and it was due to a worn prop nut. Doesn't mean the build is junk.

also the motor dosen't looked aligned propley...once I run it for any length of time...I'm possitive there will be an issue here too...,the hull looks entirely scratched...maybe thats a new look ...not sure on that one.?

There is a thread about the alignment.
    Post up a pic of the scratches if you could.

ok heres a couples pics...taken with iphone,,,may not be to great...the whole boat is like this....pretty sad...
    Last edited by davey; 05-22-2011 at 05:31 PM.

this is a hurting boat

Im afraid to say all the boats that come out of China irrispective of make have to really have every thing removed checked, sealed, tightened, re bonded etc. Dosnt help with a badly soldered shaft though. I see so many club members buy a boat & literaly do nothing but fit radio & lipo & then run it usually with dire results in some way whether it be some sort of failure or water leaking every where through water lines leaking or hardware bolts not sealed in any way. I dont think it would take much more effect for the manufacturers of all boats to get these boats built to a better standard first time. Martin.

I did go over this boat...I greased and tightened the shaft...realigned the motor...it looked ok...except for the part where someone sanded it with 80 grit.....I'm 45 years old and take extreme care of all my stuff,,,the boat look ok!!...I normally build my boats and I'm glad I brought my gaser.or I'd be watching everyone today...my gaser never broke ...hmmmmm...oh ya I built....I did buy the 34.5 toyport catamaran from Steve as well as the rest of the boat parts,,,and when its ready for water ...it will fly...I am sorry I wasted 350.00,,the motley crew,,,will be a work in progress...never ending,,,,but hay !!!its all fun ,,,and most of all,,,its only money..................

one good thing about it is right now u can sell it for almost what u have in it i am sure....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

So, what was the last successful rtr put out? Any of them? I build my own these days

the only great RTR's are called DIY's....but when I'm done with Crew,,,she will be worthy and ready to rock like Vince

don't tell anyone ...but my Sparton went further on the first run.....bahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    So, what was the last successful rtr put out? Any of them? I build my own these days
    I don't think I've read one negative thing about the SV27R
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Ive found on most rtr boats you not only have to check the obvious like tightening couplings or rudder rods are tight but i allways remove every piece of hardware incase transome might need strengthening but i found they very rarelly seal any bolts or loctite any thing at all, On past experiences you simply cant trust them to do any of these things. I even go through all the things bonded inside the hull like battery trays,servo mounts, stuffing tubes & give them a good pull as ive had battery trays very easily pull out with very little pressure & also very little glue on them as well. Ive seen & had to many of these things simply fall apart on the first run or two just with vibration. Martin.

Never a problem with an out of the box UL1.

I've already ordered the new cable from Steve,,,bushing and a prop...thats how I deal with customer service.....

Could have gotten replacements for free if you call them and not be hot headed. Maybe a new bare hull too without sanding marks.

ohhhhh...I am calling...theres no holiday for americans on Monday is there

davey' my boat did the exact thing yours did. when i called hobby services they couldnt have been nicer.they are replacing everything including a prop that they dont sell. just dont yell and scream youll only screw yourself. remember, they didnt make the boat but i believe they will do anything possible to make it right. again be nice. the beauty of their customer service is that when they answer the phone the guy speaks and understands english.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I don't think I've read one negative thing about the SV27R
    Except that there is no transom doubler and it splits on almost all of them..

This is true rum, but at least it's nothing that kept the boat from running. Lately the rtr's have had problems that are more severe and need replacing or upgrades. At least the sv27r can be run all day with the cracked transom

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Except that there is no transom doubler and it splits on almost all of them..
    That's the first I've heard on the new 27R
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Davey,

Sorry about the issue with the shaft. I can tell you we are looking into what might be going on.

Here is what I suspect.. We have a measuring system “a gauge” if you will that determines the quality of the flex shaft. I’m not sure but I suspect some of the shafts might not have met that standard “OR” I need to reevaluate that standard. So far its been working for the other boats so im not sure..

To be dead straight here is what happens.. If the cable does not meet the standard, it will “buckle and shrink” for lack of a better set of words under the solder joint. The cable “pulls” away from the solder and… it comes apart.

One thing that is very tricky about china cables is the lay is just not as tight as we have in the states. Also “or at least” so far, I have not been able to find good stainless cable in a price point that works for us… Its all a balance for sure.

But.. I know those words don’t help much and for sure are not going to bring up that prop from Davey” Jones Locker.

Just be sure we are listening and do what we can to chase this down so our issue that become your issue does not become someone else’s.. yep.. issue..

Again.. sorry for the trouble and remember please always contact Hobby Services “listed in the manual” First”.. that’s your best “First” recourse.

Take care

Grimracer

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Maybe Steve can offer a direct replacement cable the way Kintec does for some of the RTR boats...might save a lost prop...
    You mean this one?
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...-mcrew&cat=156

thanx Mike for the feed back...the lady ,,,Lisa M was very helpfull and she was sending new parts,,,she listed them off , but didn't mention a bushing,,,is there one in the strut ? or does come with the shaft..?

Davey

Lisa is great.. always fun to chat with! I only get to see her a few times a year but she is aways positive!

Chances are the bushing is in the stuffing tube that is in the strut.

Take a look at the back of the strut.. we do our bushings just like my race boats. Its a brass bushing that has a flange on it.

Take a look at the attached pics. In the back of the strut it looks like just a chunk of brass tubing BUT.. you can see when you pull it out its the bushing.

Take a close look at the pictures.

Grim

I believe the bushing is watching the submarine races beside my prop with a bag of popcorn

yep.. she is in the LOCKER!

Call Lisa and have her get you a new bushing.. Let here know we chatted about it and its GONE GONE GONE like that old dog you grew up with!

Grim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast