Thread: Registered Users Chat

Thumbs up Registered Users Chat

I wanna toss up my idea of having a live chat integrated into vbulletin. For members , new members, just general chat.
    They drive traffic, turn over more user involvement and a place for all the cool people Ive come to meet in here (who don't know or understand the Skype, aim, and msn messenger "Instant messenger programs") a new way to chat with each other and it
    s real time live at that. It also cuts down on PM messaging which eventually adds up in your database.

They allow all, group, and personal chat that can be added to the side panel or on the header of these types of forums.

I have lots of experience with them.

Think about it let me know. I can help.
    They are very successful on my gaming community sites.

*** I can also help with easily turning this forum into 2011 with all the good plugins involved too and I'm a member on here so you don't really have to wait for a phone call from me to get an answer. "that's for you Steve" - my reply for the mobile version response on another thread. Hit me up and Ill show you some really cool stuff e-commerce and forums together all integrated. Easy to manage.

- Matt
    aka fpsphoto

We tried adding a chat a while back and it was used the first month than no one used it.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

There's a better chat plugin that has options and can be run real time in the sidebar or header so that you can still browse. Pages and keep chat visible

That sounds interesting, can you post a link?
    Steven Vaccaro

you had if i remember 123chat installed, thats one of the nice ones. Its just getting people comfortable to use it. Im going through my server now, looking for my custom module that I used on my gaming forums. It runs live in the side bar or under the navigation. Allows guests or registered users to start chatting while browsing. Keeps more people active instead of in and out.

http://www.envolve.com/sign-up-and-price

click along the bottom and youll see what it does. This is a bit newer saves some side bar space for other stuff. Its nice though. Youve got quite a few members if they love ya, they'll support the cause (by donating even .50 - $1.00), Ill donate to have more cool things added on here, seeing as that I live on this site now on my computer and on my cell phone.... the entire way to the beach and I was browsing forums while driving.

Its cool, but I dont think its worth $24 a month. No matter who pays for it. Do you have any sites that are using the free version with ads? I'm looking to find out what the ads look like?
    Steven Vaccaro