Thread: More effiesient???

Default More effiesient???

Hi everybody...i have an question.How do i know what setup is more efesient than another and will give me longer run times...Is it the lower Kv's or what...also are there an setup with an castle motor that wil give me about 7 min of runtime in the high 40 low 50 range,why i say castle is thats the only motor make i can find here thanks.

...also it can be 4s or 6s setup...

low amps, high voltage is generally more efficient, there is less wiring losses assuming the same diameter wires are used for both. You need low KV or a small prop to keep the amps low on high voltage.

if you look in the shop here at OSE you can find motors from Aquacraft, Proboat, Leopard, Keda, Feigao, Ammo and Neu, as well as Castle, there's plenty of choice.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I just ordered 2 x 4c 5000 40c's that I plan to run in parrell in an attempt to extend my run time. I have read in cars that a battery's with more cells will last longer then on running multiple packs but I don't really know what that translates into in reality (20 sec? 1 min?).

I'm hoping this set up will give me 10-11 min run times with 10000mah? But I'm not sure what doubling the weight will do?

This might be an option to consider as well?

Be careful as longer run times can = more heat on the components.

Cool

I have read in cars that a battery's with more cells will last longer then on running multiple packs..
    Wow, I don't know what that means. What matters is total pack capacity and amp draw. The average draw depends on the prop you run, how much accelerating/decelerating you do, and how wet the hull runs. It is easier to keep amp draw down by using a lower Kv motor, but going too low may mean the boat has trouble getting on step and reaching your desired speed.

Running 10,000 mAh packs will give you 10 minutes of run time if you average 50 amps draw. On 4S you will not average 45 mph with this power level though. Note that you do not want to run the packs down to less than 20% - in other words don't use more than 8000 mAh from 10,000 mAh packs.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

So how will the 1518 1y or 1520 with an t180 on 2 2s 5000mah with 42x55 do as runtime and speed...also with the same setup on 2 3s 5400mah 40c?thanks

I get about 5mins with my 1518 using 2 3s 5300mah 30c lipos and m545 prop give or take 30-60 depending how much I play around I'm also running consistantly high 50's to low 60's
    miss gieco cc 1518 62.1mph [/COLOR][/B] Delta Force 33" cc 1717