Thread: Kintec persuit as my second boat?

Default Kintec persuit as my second boat?

Well ive been running a BJ26 for awhile and loving it, but id like a boat thats a bit better in chop and a mono hull. Someone suggested the Kintec Persuit as a good fit here: http://www.kintecracing.com/Pursuit.html

And the airbrushed verion that comes with the 180a esc and 4074 motor looks real nice.

So guess Im just asking for a bit of feedback on this boat in its stock form. Anything else I should get as an upgrade.

Im thinking of getting two of these lipos to run in series:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16202

AWESOME running boats and the airbrushed verision looks great. I run 4s2p in my pursuit with the same motor/esc. I would recommend 4s2p setup JMO although you can make a 4s1p work for your, that motor can be a amp hog though .

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=24874
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    AWESOME running boats and the airbrushed verision looks great. I run 4s2p in my pursuit with the same motor/esc. I would recommend 4s2p setup JMO although you can make a 4s1p work for your, that motor can be a amp hog though .

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=24874
    Thanks Im actually not sure what the difference is between 4s1p and 4s2p.

Well from looking around it will help regulate the total safe amps drawn? So you think I might have issues with the 180a seaking esc?
    Last edited by kola; 05-20-2011 at 04:26 PM.

4s = One 14.8volt battery. 2P = two batteries each of them 14.8volt connected parallel. 4s2P To beat it to death(because it took me forever to understand it myself) The idea is you have two 14.8 volt batteries hooked together each black wire together and each red wire together. So, if you have two 5000mah 14.8 volt batteries you now have 10,000mah of (gas in the tank) for the your boat to use. This also makes it better in terms of it puts less "load" on the batteries when you start pulling bigger amperage from them.

You could run with 1 battery 4s1p, but then you would have only 5000mah, which would work, but you would have less (gas in the tank) by half and would get a shorter run time.

I already have the motor and stuff in an older design hull, next winter I'll be upgrading to this hull. With a layer or reinforcement in the bottom I've heard nothing but good about these boats.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Ok sounds good if I get longer run times then parallel is the way to go ive just been running series in my boats for awhile but seems like parallel is the better way then. Or at least for this boat.

Also Is there any harm in running with aircraft receivers, this is what ive been using up untill now with no range problems yet.

Default kentec

got the white pursuit from kentec 3 mo ago.....i got the one u have to put your own motor in and i can tell ya its one hell of a boat.....i love it and wow does it go in chop or calm water ...one of my favorites for sure...running 4s2p like diesel

natca.jpg
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Thanks alot for the help guys. Is the Traxxas #2056 Waterproof High Torque Servo a good fit for this boat?

Quote Originally Posted by kola View Post
    Thanks alot for the help guys. Is the Traxxas #2056 Waterproof High Torque Servo a good fit for this boat?
    It will work just fine.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

It will work just fine.
    LOLOLOL I just realized that Im the one who bought your BJ26! Funny I thought your name sounded familiar :)

PS The new aquastar 120 esc is working very nicely and actually cycling water through the system.
    Last edited by kola; 05-20-2011 at 07:23 PM.

LOLOLOL I just realized that Im the one who bought your BJ26! Funny I thought your name sounded familiar :)

PS The new aquastar 120 esc is working very nicely and actually cycling water through the system.
    Hey whats up man. Glad everything is working out for you now. I see your already getting the FE bug lol. Your gonna love the Pursuit!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I'd recommend a toysport syncron with a flood chamber. Runs on 4S1P config. Kinda pricy, though...

Here's my build thread

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...=syncron+build

My son has a toysport triton with a flood chamber and is running 4S2P. Long runtimes, but that battery config is pricey. The triton is also great, but I think the syncron has better handling. You can config the triton run faster however.

Chief

Hey whats up man. Glad everything is working out for you now. I see your already getting the FE bug lol. Your gonna love the Pursuit!
    Yeah its way more enjoyable then I expected.

I know your the battery master also. I grabbed two of the
    Turnigy 5000mAh 2S 30C Lipo Pack's

cause the 40c's were out of stock, but thinking the c ratting might be a bit lo for this boat.

So you think i should grab some of the 2s 5000 25-50c nano tech ones and just wait for the international shipping. Basically I been sticking with turnigy batts cause Im addicted to the cheap prices!

I have a pursuit ruining just about same set up and LOVE IT awsome boat.

I just bought one too. I got the white version of the airbrushed model. It's nicely finished with no deck/hull seam it looks to be gel coated not painted. The one for $230 with no motor or esc is a different hull and deck. They told me at kintec there are 4 different molds. It's not finished as nice, we have 3 kintec pursuits, one white with motor and esc , one without and one airbrushed. The two that come complete($395) are the nicest. I'm real happy with the boat and kintec service.

So I was gonna use xt60's in parallel for this setup but then realized id prob need more than 60 A continues for this setup. So how do you get 5.5 bullets to go parallel? Just soder the wire together with one 5.5 on the end????

Yeah its way more enjoyable then I expected.

I know your the battery master also. I grabbed two of the
    Turnigy 5000mAh 2S 30C Lipo Pack's

cause the 40c's were out of stock, but thinking the c ratting might be a bit lo for this boat.

So you think i should grab some of the 2s 5000 25-50c nano tech ones and just wait for the international shipping. Basically I been sticking with turnigy batts cause Im addicted to the cheap prices!

I'd rock 2 of these in parallel for 4s2p http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-4000-4s1p.html - free shipping and you will get them in 3-5 days...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

So I was gonna use xt60's in parallel for this setup but then realized id prob need more than 60 A continues for this setup. So how do you get 5.5 bullets to go parallel? Just soder the wire together with one 5.5 on the end????
    what are x60? The kintec comes with a 180esc. Running batts in parallel check this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...05&postcount=3
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

XT60's are the battery connectors hobby king sells.

I was more curious if anyone sold a 5.5 Y adapter so you can connect the red to red and the black to black without having to solder the two together before plugging into the esc.

XT60's are the battery connectors hobby king sells.

I was more curious if anyone sold a 5.5 Y adapter so you can connect the red to red and the black to black without having to solder the two together before plugging into the esc.
    Ok got ya.

You just got to make a parallel adaptor only take a few min.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I'd rock 2 of these in parallel for 4s2p http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-4000-4s1p.html - free shipping and you will get them in 3-5 days...
    Yeah so I guess i goofed as running the two 2s 5000's in parallel would only give me 2s2p. Guess ill try those two in series and order these 4s you mentioned and run those in parallel.