Thread: Carolina Showdown this weekend!!!

Default Carolina Showdown this weekend!!!

Hey Carolina boaters. Just a reminder there is a IMPBA District 12 race this weekend in Greensboro, NC. If you have some free time and have never been to a race, take a little road trip and check out all the fun you've been missing. Unfortunately there wont be too many FE's at this even but we hope to change that in the future. Feel free to stroll through the canopy area and talk with the racers. The only place off limits is the "Hot Pit Area" where the IC boats are started up. It should be clearly marked. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the action. Racing starts about 9am on Saturday and Sunday. They ususally wrap up late afternoon on Saturday and early afternoon on Sunday.

Pond Address:
    1420 Camp Caroldale Road
    Walnut Cove, NC 27052-6152
    Last edited by Chilli; 05-19-2011 at 11:44 PM.

if i bring my p-spec ob tunnel, can I run?
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Call Blaise or Mike "Mudbug" tomorrow. Turnout out is a little light due to the Spring Nats, Tunnel Championships and the economy. I do not think it will be a problem. If you can't get in touch with him, let me know and I'll call Dick on his cell. Dick and Carol will be there. They are running my JAE and Insane in Spec Hydro.

Don't forget your IMPBA Card.

Blaise and Mike's # on the flyer. Don't know how Cell coverage is at the pond.

I'll going to try to PM Blaise right now on IW.
    Attached Files Attached Files

More info can be found here...

rcRacingEvents.com
    Current IMPBA P-O/B Tunnel SAW record holder with avg time of 3.358 seconds @ 67.004 MPH.
    Owner Worlds fastest record setting Lynx with average time of 3.287 seconds @ 68.451 MPH.

Smocktura Props!

Thanks for the link. "registration closed".
    It would have sucked to drive the 3.5 hours there only to find out I can't run.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Thanks for the link. "registration closed".
    It would have sucked to drive the 3.5 hours there only to find out I can't run.
    I run the rcRacingEvents website. You can still contact Mike Hemric (MudBug) and see if he will let you in. His contact info is on the page.

Bill
    Current IMPBA P-O/B Tunnel SAW record holder with avg time of 3.358 seconds @ 67.004 MPH.
    Owner Worlds fastest record setting Lynx with average time of 3.287 seconds @ 68.451 MPH.

Smocktura Props!

Only registration by the web site is closed.

I just talked to Dick who said he tried to contact Mike and Blaise yesterday but was unsuccessful.. He is enroute and doesnt see a problem other than the extra $5 late registration fee. I told him to talk to the guys when he gets to the pond and leave me a message.
    Last edited by Chilli; 05-20-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Registration cutoff is typically a few days before a race to allow time to build heats and such. But depending on circumstances, a club can "write you in" on race day and allow you to race.

Smocktura Props!

Dick called back Danny. You're all set if you want to attend. Other than gas, most of the classes have less than six entries this weekend so it will be easy to add you to the heat sheets. You will be running in the B-Tunnel class (not sport). Good luck if you decide to go and let us know how you do.

Nice to see you on the electric boards Bill. Love your web site!

Nice...there you go Danny! Good luck to you if you make it down!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Looks likes we missed some good racing this weekend. Dick and Carol Loeb took first and second in B / P Spec hyrdo with my JAE and Insane FE-30. I lent them the boats for the weekend and heat #1 was the first time they ever touched the boats. Dick also took first in B / P-mono with his Cyberstorm. On a special note, Carol Loeb also took first in B-Sport tunnel in a crowded class. The ladies took the men to the woodshed in that class taking first and second in a field of seven boats!!!!

Race results are on www.rcracingevents.com
    Click on "race results" on the left and then click on "Piedmont Triad Prop Twisters"

June Races: Queenstown, MD the weekend of June 10th and Centreville, VA the weekend of June 25th.

My wife's teaching job has not been renewed for next year. So unless we have some local races I doubt very much if I will attend any. Good luck to you guys that do attend.

Chuck
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Sorry to hear that Chuck. I know school budgets are sucking wind.

I know many of you spent allot of money building boats this past winter. Hopefully this economy will get turned around soon so we can get more people traveling.
    Last edited by Chilli; 05-22-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Congrats to team Loeb!!! Great job guys!! We are very proud of you Carol! Dick, great to hear that your Cyberstorm did well (along with Mike's JAE and FE 30!).

Thanks for the update on that Mike!

Chuck, I am sorry to hear about your wife's job status...I do hope to see you this year at some point. Keep your chin up. Being self employed, I do understand how the economy has been very hard on us...i'm doing the best I can myself bro. Have been watching what I spend on the hobby and feel lucky enough to have built the two new boats that I have this year.
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

you mean the ecomomey that the presedent says is getting better everyday? i am on a fixed income and can tell ya it isnt getting any better at all...did dick run his tunnel boat at all?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Both of the 295boats ran well, both had heat wins, both had trouble getting blown over in nitro and twice in electric, also had early batt let down in electric3.5 laps an it would start slowing down I will work on that.I got 3rd overall in both classes.Congrates to my friend and wife Carol she won 2 tunnel classes (OPEN, B- Sport).All N All it was a good weekend..... CAROL : 1st B-Sport Tunnel , 1st OPEN tunnel , 2nd B/P Hydro. DICK: 3rd B-Sport Tunnel , 3rd B/ P Mod Tunnel,1st B/P Mono , 1st B/P Hydro , 2nd Thunderboat( should have won).32 Heats 26 top 3 finishes,a pretty good weekend.... Im tired but ready to race some more!!!!!!

outstanding dick...any hints on keeping the nose down to stop the blow overs?

The boat is fine it did not blow over ,I got cut off and was blown over by his roostertail. The boat is great in turns and straightaways I love both.. If you are running the nose to high any tunnel boat will blow off. Watch the boat it will let you know what it wants. Dick

thanks dick i took your advise and put some lead in just waiting for the wind to die down for some testing.....