Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aquacraft Motley Crew - Diesel

Default Aquacraft Motley Crew - Diesel

Got the MC in today and damn she is sexy, for the first time in my life i made a unboxing video which i never do because I think there boring, not sure if I will post it or not. Debating on that.

Some first impressions about the boat.
    First pictures on the internet do this boat NO justice, she is very VERY sexy in person. When I seen the images on the net I was kinda shocked the decal job looked terrible but in person she is beautiful. Very small steps they did a very good job making sure the sponsons were nice and true and a good 90, the motor is a beast. Onething I did notice is there are some area the clear coat was coming off and also the flexcable was a terrible cut. It was pointy and jagged and looked terrible. I grinded the flexcable down and actually resoldered it it was that bad. All and all i really REALLY like this hull.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 05-17-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Things I have done already:

- 5.5mm bullets on motor and esc
    - flex cable grinded and re-soldered
    - thrust bearing added
    - properly greased the flex cable
    - ensured all hardware was tightened
    - added grim 42x55 prop
    - installed shear bolt on the rudder
    - wired eagletree rpm sensor into the boat
    - waterproofed tactic receiver
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

That is awesome...congrats and looking forward to some Youtube videos of this one in Action.

I was at my LHS today in between appointments and when I turned around from the RC flying station, there it was...the guy said..."we just got it in 2 hours ago". I had to ask if he could open up the box so I could see. Amazing! I did'nt leave with it but I did ask him to "hide it" for a few more weeks. I would like to get one but want to see what everyone thinks about it and if any issues (if any) arrise and what mods are being done. Thanks for your post on what you did...really helps!

Sweet looking boats these are! I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself and i never buy rtr stuff. In all the other pics i have seen the boats look white yours is silver? or are they all silver??

Mine should be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to running it with my buddies MG this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 6sHyper View Post
    Sweet looking boats these are! I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself and i never buy rtr stuff. In all the other pics i have seen the boats look white yours is silver? or are they all silver??
    The pics on the internet it looks white, but when I watched the grim racer interview of the boat it was clearly silver. This is a silver boat, a damn fine looking one as well. I can't believe im doing it (because i hate them ), but im posting a unboxing video now.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

It sure is a pretty finish, isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    YES IT IS! She is gorgeous! I can't wait to run this thing. This boat has amazing lines, solid build and very impressive and I haven't even driven it yet lol....
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

If i were to buy one i think i would immediately switch out the motor/esc, what do you think i could sell them for? just trying to get a better idea of what i'm getting myself in to.

Quote Originally Posted by 6sHyper View Post
    If i were to buy one i think i would immediately switch out the motor/esc, what do you think i could sell them for? just trying to get a better idea of what i'm getting myself in to.
    I'm sure you could get a decent amount for it. I am going to run mine stock for a while. I do have the power package I want to install in it sitting at the house for down the road, but I am going to push the aq package for a while. My ul1 motor/esc was AWESOME for me in numerous hulls, and the 1800kv motor is just as good if not better, so I am in no rush to swap power.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Very cool Diesel! I have had a hunch for a while now that this will be the best handling RTR cat out there.
    When are you running it?

you have had it 24 hrs and no video? whats with you? take a road trip tomorrow and we can run my ul-1 powered mg against it dale...
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Very cool Diesel! I have had a hunch for a while now that this will be the best handling RTR cat out there.
    When are you running it?
    I would have like to today, but weather did not want to work with me. I would imagine next wednesday if weather works. I have to go out of town this upcoming weekend, heading to in-laws for a weekend of joy

we all know what I would rather be doing
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    you have had it 24 hrs and no video? whats with you?
    hahahahahaha i know right. I am trying to post this lame unboxing video, but internet is running at dial-up speed for some freaking reason.....
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Great to see your comments diesel. I ordered mine on Tuesday Aussie time from Offshore. Just waiting for it to arrive downunder. they have always been fantastic with fast shipping so hopefully it will arrive before I head off on vacation at the end of next week. This will be a great addition to my SV27 and UL1.

congrats on the new boat..can't wait to see it run. call/text me when you get back from the in-laws so we can run the boats

i got my motley at my lhs yesterday to. this thing looks like a very serious contender. however i dont think this boat will take the abuse the miss g can. the top deck seems very thin compared to miss g. a good blow over at 50 will cause some damage to the deck. the inside of the sponsons are at sharp 90 degree angles not rounded like miss g . the steps on the ride pads are very gradual not as flat as they could be but better than miss g. the gold anodized cooling jacket on the motor makes it look a lot bigger than it is. all in all i think aqua craft has a good one here. to bad they are on backorder till july. if you can find one somewhere buy it. its gonna be a good thing.

I've had blow overs on mine at 45 several times and the hull show no signs of stress cracks or anything else.

Looking forward to this one!!
    congrats on the purchase.. If I wasn't buying a 295 Tunnel from Mike I would have put this on order by now
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I thought just the opposite about the hatch, I think the MC hatch feels a lot stronger then the MG hatch. Seems tougher IMHO.... I like the small steps and the back of my hull on the rear sponons seem to have a nive sharpe angle, not so rounded like the MG.

Youtube video failed to load for me, too large of a file so poop on that idea.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by mdunham View Post
    congrats on the new boat..can't wait to see it run. call/text me when you get back from the in-laws so we can run the boats
    I'll let ya know when I get back. I gotta start this battery testing thing soon as well. I got the P1 ready for her maiden as well.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

i wasnt talking about the hatch. i was refering to the top deck from the sponsons to the hatch. it just seems very flexable imo. the hatch is much stronger than the miss g. again i will be running the boat tonite. then i will know more about how it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZE WON View Post
    i wasnt talking about the hatch. i was refering to the top deck from the sponsons to the hatch. it just seems very flexable imo. the hatch is much stronger than the miss g. again i will be running the boat tonite. then i will know more about how it runs.
    I follow you now. The top half does have more flex then then lower half of the hull. The lower half seemed very tough if i remember correctly, Time will tell how she holds up, but I didn't think it was a big deal when I looked over the hull. Interested to hear how she runs.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Doby have you seen a production version yet? Interested on any difference you may note between the production and prototype.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

i got my motley at my lhs yesterday to. this thing looks like a very serious contender. however i dont think this boat will take the abuse the miss g can. the top deck seems very thin compared to miss g. a good blow over at 50 will cause some damage to the deck. the inside of the sponsons are at sharp 90 degree angles not rounded like miss g . the steps on the ride pads are very gradual not as flat as they could be but better than miss g. the gold anodized cooling jacket on the motor makes it look a lot bigger than it is. all in all i think aqua craft has a good one here. to bad they are on backorder till july. if you can find one somewhere buy it. its gonna be a good thing.
    MG isn't exactly a tank, i split the seem at the front of the sponsons after a bad submarine. not really a big deal though, some epoxy and sanding fixed her up. My SV 27 took tons of abuse so i doubt the MC is going to shatter in a blow over. After seeing some vids of the MC running in the wind i don't think a blowover is going to be much of an issue.

Interested in the front end. Looks less like a wing then the MG. can you get a good shot of the tunnel ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Doby have you seen a production version yet? Interested on any difference you may note between the production and prototype.
    I had a good chance to compare the 2 versions in Toledo with Mike Z. Other than the color, the fact that mine has the old style waterjacket and the rudder water pick up, the fit and finish seemed pretty much identical from what I saw. Even the ride pad edges on the tunnel were equally as sharp.

i dont remember saying that the boat was going to shadder . in the vids that we see now the boat is going in the high 30s to mid 40s when the right guys get their special set ups in the boat i think you will see a difference.doby even stated that he has blown his over on several occasions and he is running in the mid40s.

i dont remember saying that the boat was going to shadder . in the vids that we see now the boat is going in the high 30s to mid 40s when the right guys get their special set ups in the boat i think you will see a difference.doby even stated that he has blown his over on several occasions and he is running in the mid40s.
    oh, well doesn't that hold true with all boats? Put enough power and get them going fast enough something is bound to break along the way right? He has blown his over without issue right?

I've had a few blowovers in some really windy conditions but I was pushing the boat. Heres a hint, in the windier conditions, add some velco in front of the motor and place an extra 2S pack for ballast. It works well. You loose a few mph but the boat stays nicely planted and really lessens the blowovers. All of mine were when running the boat very loose with the batteries basically as far back as possible and the hull airing out nicely on the back ride pads (with the wind)...then I make my turn into the wind hit the gas and see how long it will stay planted on the water....untill its to late. Unless the conditions were really calm, I wouldn't race with that setup but stick with the standard battery mounting locations.

The hull has survived with no visible cracks at all.

One good thing about being upside down though is that the hull sits very high out of the water, so if theres a wind and its blowing to shore, the boat makes it back in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast