Thread: "Unleash The Beast" Blackjack Build

Default "Unleash The Beast" Blackjack Build

Im starting with a pretty much bone stock BJ26, with afew mods and upgrages here and there. The theme is going to be Monster Energy/ DC Shoes. Sofar i have primed and laid down the base coat of color on the canopy and the primer and base coat of color on the hull.

Rough sketch of my idea:

Temporary hatch (will be replaced eventually by one from tiqueman) with first coat of paint:

Graphic that will be on the bow of the boat (shown on my dads BJ):

Some pics of the hull, one side has a run that i need to fix but other than that i think it looks pretty good:

Ordered 2 octura auto bailers and a thru hull for the water cooling today also.

More in afew days when this coat of paint drys

Good theme and nice paint job, looks good! Ouch on the auto bailers.

Yeah, but I think you should just tear it out and throw in some nicer stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Boaterguy View Post
    Yeah, but I think you should just tear it out and throw in some nicer stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bwells View Post
    Good theme and nice paint job, looks good! Ouch on the auto bailers.
    Explain?

did you buy it RTR or just the hull? sorry i've never owned a BJ but I haven't heard good things about the RTR stuff it comes with. I just read my post again, sorry, it was worded strangely)

RTR, its my first fe, sofar the electronics seem pretty good, but i have read that the esc will eventually have to be replaced (im considering the seaking 180a)

Be sure and read the thread entitled "fixing the BJ handling issues" and pay close attention to the turn fin part. From what I have read, the motor is bullet-proof, haven't read anything bad about the ESC but get yourself the program card and share it with your dad. I really like your theme, colors are vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by bwells View Post
    Be sure and read the thread entitled "fixing the BJ handling issues" and pay close attention to the turn fin part. From what I have read, the motor is bullet-proof, haven't read anything bad about the ESC but get yourself the program card and share it with your dad. I really like your theme, colors are vibrant.
    Done, done, and done lol. Thanks, it was monster or subway, i thought monster may look little better, so i went with it. So what is the ouch on the auto bailers?

If I were you, I would buy the upgraded strut/rudder and ditch the steerable outdrive.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2824

and

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2825

Not sure if you need a new flex/stub shaft, but if you compare the driveline parts between the BJ26 and the BJ26SS you'll find the differences.

You should never need auto bailers, if you do you have other issues to address. One more hole in the hull and the spring/ball can get stuck open with the slightest bit of dirt/sawdust. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    If I were you, I would buy the upgraded strut/rudder and ditch the steerable outdrive.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2824

and

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2825

Not sure if you need a new flex/stub shaft, but if you compare the driveline parts between the BJ26 and the BJ26SS you'll find the differences.
    I got the 2.4ghz version, it comes with a strut and rudder and not the outdrive, thanks though

Bwells:
    Idk what im going to do yet, Ive gone over everything twice, only thing i havent done is tape the hatch and i still get abit of water in. If i keep them well maintained they should do their job correctly, right? When i get them in my hands ill make a decision. Worst that could happen is i have some fiberglass repair to do i guess

Getting a "bit" of water in is better than drilling holes for bailers that really arent needed. Water may be coming up your stuffing tube.................is it so much water each run that it will put the electronics in danger???
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

I had auto bailers in some boats in the past. I had nothing but problems with them. Tape the hatch, check cooling system for leaks, seal all hardware and seal the stuffing tube and she should stay dry.

Mark

I guess i should have asked the question before i ordered. I didnt think it could be as much as i am getting from just the hatch. ive greased the flex shaft, put a peice of cooling tube over the stuffing tube/shaft, checked the cooling system for leaks, checked hull for cracks, i havent sealed the hrrdware bolts, but they were all tightened down well, ill seal them when it goes back together though. What could i have missed? Here is a vid a made of the leak, i have greased the shaft since then, it reduced the water a small amount but not by too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQt-VtlWmD4

I was getting same amount of water with hatch on also. Im not shure if the video helps much though

Well that's the problem there's no hatch on that boat!!

Did you pressure check the cooling or just visually check it? I've been having better luck with a piece of shrink tube over the stuffing tube/flex. The cooling line seems to wear out alot quicker. May have to toss her in the bathtub and check for the leak.

Mark

IMO auto-bailers are ambulance at the bottom of the cliff things.
    Seal the hatch properly and IF water seems to come in via the shaft then put a small piece of kitchen sponge under stuff tube entry in the hull near the coupler and all will be fine.

All but one of my hulls come in bone dry after any run including being towed in upside down The Canard has a tiny leak and I am buggered if I know where the water is coming in from but I'll find it and fix that too.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Quote Originally Posted by marko500 View Post
    Well that's the problem there's no hatch on that boat!!

Did you pressure check the cooling or just visually check it? I've been having better luck with a piece of shrink tube over the stuffing tube/flex. The cooling line seems to wear out alot quicker. May have to toss her in the bathtub and check for the leak.

Mark
    i pressure tested it. Hopefully its just the hatch, but ill put on the shrink tubing too

You could put it in a tub, and dye the water, as soon as you see water, pull it out, you should be able to see where (about ) it came from

canceled the order for the auto bailers, thanks Steve!

Alittle more painting done:

That looks fantastic.

Mark