Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMBPA D12 Points Race #3, Queenstown, MD

Great pics Pete! Thanks for posting them!!!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Boats look great!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Default pic

here are a couple pics of my converted insane gen 1 mono that mike took a couple weekends ago.
    water was choppy that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Carl! That thing is cool!!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

Hi all, I loved being able to stop by and see some of the races, as well as talk with some of you. I would be there racing with everyone if I was able to work it out around the crab schedule but unfortunately I don't believe that's possible (at this time anyway). Thanks for all the kindness I was treated with during my brief visit and I hope that everyone had as much fun as they looked like they were having.

John

PS.... I still have your 15 bushels of steamed crabs in the chiller..... waiting... lol

Quote Originally Posted by spicedcrab View Post
    Hi all, I loved being able to stop by and see some of the races, as well as talk with some of you. I would be there racing with everyone if I was able to work it out around the crab schedule but unfortunately I don't believe that's possible (at this time anyway). Thanks for all the kindness I was treated with during my brief visit and I hope that everyone had as much fun as they looked like they were having.

John

PS.... I still have your 15 bushels of steamed crabs in the chiller..... waiting...
    lol
    You are talking about CB blue crabs ... right?
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by spicedcrab View Post

John

PS.... I still have your 15 bushels of steamed crabs in the chiller..... waiting... lol
    Good to meet you bro! Also nice to see your Vortex....looks good! Work on next year...it would be great to see you running!

Man, i'm sure the Delmarva crew would love to have crabs for lunch break....might be a looooong lunch break though...lol!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12

LOL, Yes I bet it would be a long lunch break.

I just burnt up a castle monster ESC that I converted to water cooling. (It was an experiment) So now I have to order a couple more ESC's (one for the castle 2200 motor in the miss geico that just fried) and (one for a 1515 1y Neu that will go in my next build)

My question is.......
    Since you guys have probably tried most of the esc's on the market, What one would you recommend that I spend my money on? I need ones that are in the 180 to 240 range.
    Thanks! John

A very good performing economy controller has been the Turnigy or Sea King 180 at about $100

If you don't mind spending the big bucks, than the Castle Hydra Ice at a little over $250.

What hull and prop did you burn up the monster on??

Thanks for your input,

I was wondering about the one's you listed and also wondering about the 200 swordfish as well. So you think they are all about the same?

The hull was the miss geico 29, x438 prop, castle 2200 motor, 6 cell voltage >>> (I know, I know - but I love experimenting and wanted to see if super high rpm's would work, and how it would equate into saw speeds) Here is a video of a run that broke a flex shaft. The next run was 2 weeks later and 078 wire drive, the wire drive held up fine but the ESC went this time. (No video of that run but it was MUCH faster because the strut and cog was dialed in better, no bounce)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-XRuNrxJJY
    Last edited by spicedcrab; 06-16-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added video

I'm not familiar with the swordfish but I'm sure somone on OSE has an opinion on them. You were turning some serious rpm's on 6S. Close to 50K. Considering all the hopping your boat was doing and the length of the run. I would say your controller held up pretty well. That motor is a great heat racing 4S motor. On 6s it builds up heat very quickly. When the boat hops you get tremendous amp spikes which will distroy the controller. The MG should be able to do 50's no problem on 4S with that motor.

How come no crab pots on your creek??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123