Thread: Who has the fastest EKOS???

Default Who has the fastest EKOS???

Im just wondering who has the fastest ekos. Got mine to 59.7 on gps. Turnigy120,442 props, 10 xl feagos on 4s...Will get a video when i can figure out how to transfer it from my iphone. And if anyone can tell me how to transfer this from my iphone id appreciate it.!!!

I know that JPriami on this forum has a Dragon Saga which is the same boat as the Ekos fitted with Fiegao 380s 9XL on 4s, stock 70amp escs & 40mm props hit 61.5mph. I know its not an Ekos but it gives some idea as it is the same boat. Martin.

66 mph here.

oh sweet!
    how are these hulls at these speeds?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Mine blew over @ 55 mph but i had my lipos all the way back and down in the hulls,and the drives all the way up. It was doin a wheelie b4 it happened. It looked coll. I wonder if my props are too big. I just finished cleanin up a pair off 447.

Anyone know of a link i could download vids and picks from my i phone?

Try an air dam across the tunnel to reduce lift. Martin.

I have a few pics in my album. Look through the Venom RTR section here for more pics and videos.

62.5 mph was the fastest so far from mine. 4s 9xls x442's with stock esc's.

anyone do one of these hulls with twin 2030 ul-1 motors?

Paging Keith Bradley... He just built a wicked EKOS.

I've broken into high 60's and run mid 50's reliably in Das Boot. (twin 32" cat - same basic hull)
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Default keep it under 60

been running this boat on 4s for over a year and doing 55-58 average,flipped it, submarined it and still going strong no cracks in hull ---yet---
    i think if you keep the batts out of the sponsons you will be just fine at those speeds......i also think 447's are going to be to big...good luck just the same,
    but if it feels right ---doit
    o yea i think larrydrifter it still the king of shaves @66mph but forscott was right behind him.....
    did you get that thing back together larry????????

When you guyd say 4s is that 2 2s packs or 2 4s packs? Jurt trying to compare it too my 6s 2 3s packs?
    miss gieco cc 1518 62.1mph [/COLOR][/B] Delta Force 33" cc 1717

Steve, I got it back together, then trashed the hull pretty good during a blow over. Now I have a 32" hull from Fightercat running 81 on 4s on GPS. I'm done with the EKOS.

2-4s and larry whats you config??? still 9xl with 442?

Cool

Now I have a 32" hull from Fightercat running 81 on 4s on GPS.
    Actually Larry, that is an 8S boat according to NAMBA rules "The sum of the nominal voltages powering each motor must be within
    the Power Specification."
    This takes nothing away from the great job you did, there are darn few 80+ mph FE cats this side of the Atlantic regardless of voltage!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

That's kinda where I was going with the whole 4s ting but still 81mph is flying I don't care if its 12 cells very impressive
    miss gieco cc 1518 62.1mph [/COLOR][/B] Delta Force 33" cc 1717

LARRY,
    are you using a twin motor set or single?
    just trying to figure how you went from 66 to 81
    post up a pic please...........
    gotta see the inside of that wild thing...rename her the SR71

Thanks, Jay. Is it considered 8s with one 4s pack powering each motor? I'm not familiar with any sanctioning body rules. I'm going to contact the IMPBA Dist.6 director to inquire about participating in a SAW event this summer. I made the 81mph pass a while back in a "smallish" pond. I feel confident it will run 85 on Gps, given enough distance.

Steve, here is my build thread. I've since installed Swordfish 200 amp speedos when I blew one of the 120's chasing speed.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...arrys+twin+cat

Quote Originally Posted by bbosncali View Post
    That's kinda where I was going with the whole 4s ting but still 81mph is flying I don't care if its 12 cells very impressive
    My 32 also runs well on 3s using 45mm props. Runs 61mph with cooler temps. I kind of have the best of both worlds - high speed running on 4s, and fun cruising on 3s.

Cool

Thanks, Jay. Is it considered 8s with one 4s pack powering each motor? I'm not familiar with any sanctioning body rules. I'm going to contact the IMPBA Dist.6 director to inquire about participating in a SAW event this summer...
    In NAMBA your boat is considered a 'T' class boat running 8S, as the quote in my post above indicates. For IMPBA - as I read the rules both motors have to pull off the same pack, and the total voltage of that pack determines the voltage class. But I am a District Director for NAMBA, not IMPBA. An official from IMPBA needs to clarify this for you. Doug Smock is the IMPBA Records Director.

Regardless, I strongly encourage you to participate in a SAW event. Not only is it fun and rewarding to try to set a record, you will learn a LOT about speed from the other racers, and most of them are a lot of fun to be around.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Found better combo,boat is faster ,WAY FASTER than my previous setup
    F 380xl with venoms 36 3 blades.(red set) 4s 120 esc's. No gps yet will have exact speed soon but at 1/4 throttle roughly 20 mph I'll punch it and the boat wheelies! Have to roll on throttle slow and hope not to blow over.
    However this is the second blowout of rear rudder so I'm fixing again. Cheap hulls.

GOne 62 in mine with some Turnigy 2300kv 540 motors on 5s. Just put some new Feigao 8Ls in there and gonna try it with 4s. If it wont break 65mph, I have some Scorpion outrunners I reserved for another project I will try if I can shoe horn some 8s batteries in the hull..
    The RTR Nightmare- Electric King of Shaves
    Now with 540s- 62mph
    New setup- Etti 150A's, Turnigy 2600s, 5S, X442s and a whole lot of cooling hoses

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    My 32 also runs well on 3s using 45mm props. Runs 61mph with cooler temps. I kind of have the best of both worlds - high speed running on 4s, and fun cruising on 3s.
    Larry, I was reading this old post of yours. This is how I want to setup my Miss Geico 32 fightercat. Good speed with 4s or 3s. Is this the one that had the 540 ARC 2800 kv's? Where are you finding bigger counter rotating props?

LARRY,
    checked out your build..............very nice indeed.
    only thing is the hull you purchased is a fightercat right,when you said that i was under the impression that all the reinforcement was done.
    just seems crazy to bash venom,scrap there hull and all that nice hardware you purchased and destroy that boat then give this hull all those upgrades and say what a great boat you have now,you could have done all that to any china hull including the venom cat
    and got the same affect,or went to the pros over at aeromarines and
    purchased a hull already done that could handle that plus more
    ,just thinking about the guy who you told to scape his boat and go get something else,he had mentioned deep pockets and thats all well and good for you to have,but its not apples to apples to go
    bashing the venom cat and then go build some super cat...just my HO

The EKOS was my first boat. When I was running it, the hull was stock. I pushed the stock hull until I ruined it. I still will never recommend any venom boat for anybody. After rc boating for a while now, I know that most hulls need re inforced-especially China hulls. I do have a great boat now. ( not bragging ). If I knew then what I know now, I'd still be running the EKOS hull. Venom is garbage, their customer service is lacking and the ultra low quality parts they use are garbage too. Don't make assumptions on me having deep pockets. You know nothing about me.

Suck it,
    Larry

don't get all bunched up larr,
    simple facts,you spent alot of money getting your ekos to go faster then it should have and damaged the hull,all you had to do is fix the hull,you already had
    all new hardware,motors,esc's and drive system...but no,you scrap the whole boat and spend even more money on a new boat...does that sound about right,thats what the kid said deep pockets for
    after you gave him that dumb-a$$ answer,its all in here no "ass-umptions" needed,and if you don't puff up your chest and flap your wings at the guys over at venom and talk to them like real people you will get real results

suck that,
    steve

Hey Steve, face facts bud. The boat is a turd. I'm sorry you bought one. Scrap it out and build a real boat, the right way. Venom doesnt give results because they are poor boat designers. Well, they dont really design. They take someone else's stuff, and piece things together as cheaply as possible to make a profit. All the while not having a clue what makes a reliable, fun boat.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve95 View Post
    don't get all bunched up larr,
    simple facts,you spent alot of money getting your ekos to go faster then it should have and damaged the hull,all you had to do is fix the hull,you already had
    all new hardware,motors,esc's and drive system...but no,you scrap the whole boat and spend even more money on a new boat...does that sound about right,thats what the kid said deep pockets for
    after you gave him that dumb-a$$ answer,its all in here no "ass-umptions" needed,and if you don't puff up your chest and flap your wings at the guys over at venom and talk to them like real people you will get real results

suck that,
    steve

I never got "puffed up" with Venom over anything. They always sent me new parts to replace the ones that went bad. I never called them about my EKOS. I called them about esc's and motors for a 1/10 scale truck. I eventually had enough. When I was running my EKOS one of the Fegiaos motor shafts bent and I was done. I decided to use ALL the hardware except the servo mount from the EKOS for a new hull. I also wanted to use different motors with higher kv wanting to go as fast as I could on 4s. I also used the SeaKing 120's from the EKOS in my silver cat build. So, with that said, the only money I spent on the new boat was $172 on new motors, $130 for the bare hull and a couple dollars for the brass to convert the EKOS stingers to 3/16. By the time I bought the silver cat, I have been rc boating long enough to know that thin hulls need re-inforced, so thats what I did. My EKOS was my 1st boat. I had no idea about re-inforcing anything. I threw parts at it wanting speed. I got the speed and a damaged hull that I fixed once. When it began to break open at the sponson tips and very front of the hull, I was done. I couldnt reach up there, nor did I care at that point. As far as Venom being garbage, the motors are not reliable at all and the esc's are "iffy" too--even though they are probably SeaKings. The stock flex cables are trash. The stingers have increments etched onto them that cant be used. The rudder mount is tin. The motor mounts come loose from the hull. The windshield blows in. The motor couplers are useless too. RTR's have short comings, but usually its not the entire boat. Maybe you got a "good" one. Maybe yours isnt being pushed very hard. I dont know-I dont care. Run yours how you please. If I had to pick, I'd take a 1st gen Spartan over any stock EKOS, and the Traxxas is trash too. Hell, maybe at least the Spartans paint doesnt literally fly off. As far as "deep pockets" on my silver cat build, I dont think $302 is deep pocket territory. I dont give dumb-ass answers to anyone. I give them based on my opinion from my experience and its seems most others here that have had or still have an EKOS agree with all its short comings. The RTR that costs the most and has the most problems. The only new hardware I had on the EKOS was a mini hydro rudder. So, all was not new.