Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taming my brushless Mini V

Shoul i switch the Mini-V Hull for the Mini-C hull for less torque rolling ?

Quote Originally Posted by 679alex View Post
    i will try to use futaba Tx&Rx i found somewhere at 39$ ... Cant remember where but i will find it back or maybe the tactic from aquacraft and use your build :)
    Perfect
    You will have a lot of fun. Make sure you ask lots of questions. There are many experts on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 679alex View Post
    Shoul i switch the Mini-V Hull for the Mini-C hull for less torque rolling ?
    I don't have any experience with the Mini C hull but I'm sure others will chime in.
    I will finally get a chance to run mine again Sunday. We are trying a new pond. Our regular pond is overgrown with duckweed. That is some nasty stuff.
    I'm hoping that the change to the smaller X427 prop will make the torque roll manageable.
    I will report.
    Greg

I did get to run my mini V Sunday. Great fun. I ran 2 packs through it without incident.
    It never saw 100% throttle but after a long slow run up to speed I was close. Still had torque roll and I'm sure I could have flipped it if I was careless with the throttle.1e5fae42[1].jpgaf076527[1].jpg

Nice

NICE! I like it. Looks like torque roll isn't much of a problem.

I was thinking of getting a Proboat duck jet drive and playing around with that.

Its fast ^^
    Ima try to find these part ... the one from website they say are discontinued ;(

MiniJet :
    http://www.v-eastonline.com/products/Mini%252dJet-.html

motor:500-600 Brushed (required)

i dont know if this work :)

If they're actually in stock, that's the drive you want. It's the same as the NQD Tear Into drive, just the original made by graupner not the cheap knock off. Dimensions are the same, other than the graupner one uses a 3mm shaft instead of a 2mm shaft.

Stick a 28mm brushless motor on it (inrunner or outrunner) and you'll be set. Just aim to keep the rpm's in the 25k range tops since above that the drive loses efficiency.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    If they're actually in stock, that's the drive you want. It's the same as the NQD Tear Into drive, just the original made by graupner not the cheap knock off. Dimensions are the same, other than the graupner one uses a 3mm shaft instead of a 2mm shaft.

Stick a 28mm brushless motor on it (inrunner or outrunner) and you'll be set. Just aim to keep the rpm's in the 25k range tops since above that the drive loses efficiency.
    21 500 RPM enought ? (speed 600 BB 7.2v)

There a mini-V whit the Proboat Duck jet drive:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4EQAESJpMM
    in a river ... we cant really see the real speed :/

A jet drive is never going to be as fast as the same power system with a surface drive, but it'll be more maneuverable and accelerate WAY faster.

I would suggest a brushless motor over a speed 600, but that should give you decent thrust as well.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

Do the stock mini-V esc can handle the 600 speed ?

No clue, not sure how many amps the stock ESC can handle at all.

If you run it on the stock electronics with the jet drive, it will likely be slower than stock though. At the very best, I would say it might be the same speed as stock.

wparsons
    Do you think the smaller Duck jet drive is enough for he mini V? I was going to try it with the 380 sized brushless motor.

I think someone else already tried it? IIRC it was slow on the stock brushed motor but was decent with a brushless motor.

You definitely don't need a 380L for that drive though, you could use a 2040 motor on it just fine, it's a really small impeller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12