Thread: MiniCatUSA MicroHydro

Default MiniCatUSA MicroHydro

Thanks to Sailr, I got myself a CF Micro Hydro and a White Micro Hydro.

The CF Hydro got the Tenshock40 and Viper 3200 4-pole. I've switched back to a 2.3mm flex shaft - 3mm prop shaft, and the Plastic Propeller (30mm X 36mm). Would an aluminum propeller have a Performance Advantage/Recommendable?

Metal props are generally faster as theirs no flex & their thinner blades, The problem with metal props they are very expensive & if you hit something especially the lake bed you can right off metal props quite easily especially aluminium props ( very delicate props in these small sizes). Metal props also need balancing & sharpening. Martin.

I believe Tenshock make stainless steel props for this boat. Martin.

Thanks Martin! I should try some of these. I need to look then for a couple that are sharpened and balanced. Would a 30mm be recommendable?

I believe Minicat Racing keep the Tenshock stainless props, Im sure Jim at Minicat would be the best one to advise on prop size on this boat. Martin.

They list 2 stainless props for the Mini Hydro a 32mm diam x 34 pitch & 32mm diam x 36 pitch, Like i said speak with Jim. Martin.

I have the 36 pitch that runs well on my CF micro hydro. The motor stays wound out, even in the turns with less heat and amp draw.

Contact Jim, he's got them. The lower pitch may grip a little better, but the 36 pitch has more lift which seems to work better for lighter batteries and setups.
    Last edited by Meniscus; 05-09-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I believe Minicat Racing keep the Tenshock stainless props, Im sure Jim at Minicat would be the best one to advise on prop size on this boat. Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    They list 2 stainless props for the Mini Hydro a 32mm diam x 34 pitch & 32mm diam x 36 pitch, Like i said speak with Jim. Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    I have the 36 pitch that runs well on my CF micro hydro. The motor stays wound out, even in the turns with less heat and amp draw.

Contact Jim, he's got them. The lower pitch may grip a little better, but the 36 pitch has more lift which seems to work better for lighter batteries and setups.
    Thanks guys. Will check then 36 pitch, then. What's the your take in using higher than 25C 3S Lipo?

Not recommended. The initial spike puts unneeded stress on the ESC. If you're running a 25C 2100mah battery, it's good for 52.5A. That's plenty for the current draw with these props.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I also believe over 25c is not recomended by Minicat on the esc in these boats, Im sure Sailr will also confirm that or not. Thanks Martin.

Sailr has made many recent efforts to ensure current models have the best possible equipment, often at his own cost. While the components may handle it, it is not necessary and only leads to additional weight and heat for the system. Both of which mean you get less speed. You wouldn't want that would you?

Thanks for the comment. Our new Generation II Micro Hydro and Starship boats will be here within two weeks. Upgraded from 2600KV (micro hydro) to 3200KV 4 pole VIPER motor. MUCH higher quality and performance. Also upgraded is the ESC from 30A to 40A with a programming card. These new boats will go up just $20 in price because of lower value of the dollar and increase in shipping. I'm absorbing about half of it but can't do it all and stay in business unfortunately. That extra $20 bucks is buying about $50 of added value!

BTW, the Mini ECO already has the upgrade! No change in price there.

Sorry Siggy, didn't mean to highjack your thread!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Thanks for the comment. Our new Generation II Micro Hydro and Starship boats will be here within two weeks. Upgraded from 2600KV (micro hydro) to 3200KV 4 pole VIPER motor. MUCH higher quality and performance. Also upgraded is the ESC from 30A to 40A with a programming card. These new boats will go up just $20 in price because of lower value of the dollar and increase in shipping. I'm absorbing about half of it but can't do it all and stay in business unfortunately. That extra $20 bucks is buying about $50 of added value!

BTW, the Mini ECO already has the upgrade! No change in price there.

Sorry Siggy, didn't mean to highjack your thread!
    No worries at all. We enjoy muchrunning both Carbon Fiber and White MiniCatRacingUSA Micro Hydros. Just love the punch, speed, and agility of the 3200KV 4-pole Viper Motor and Tenshock40 ESC power plant. \

I am enjoying everyday run on the pool, enjoying it more on the beach, and am looking to go top speed at the Reservoir. Thanks you for your recommendations and the Great Customer Service, as well.

Got them on bigger water. Just a short clip. THANKS