Thread: Someone with knowledge on model rc sailboats?

Default Someone with knowledge on model rc sailboats?

Not sure where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong thread.

I've got a 50" Marblehead sailboat, with a really nice planked hull which I put together myself. The deck, though, was done by someone else and I don't like it. I would like to know if there is someone in the NY area that can make me a new deck and fix the boat up. I'd like it to be out of wood, and better match my hull. I'd also like new fittings installed on it, so someone with knowledge on the subject would be great.

Thanks,
    Dominick

SV27 w/ Ammo 2300 / Stock ESC || Pursuit w/ Leopard 4074 2200kv / SeaKing 120a ESC || MHZ Drambuie on Ice w/ 2x Schulze 4.160wk's / 2x Neu 2215 1.5y's

Try posting on the RC Universe forum.. They have one for rc sail boats. Might get your info there.

Ya, I've worked on sailboats but have extremely limited experience in this. I can also suggest you to an rc modeler in Australia who is absolutely fantastic with all work... only problem is the cost would be high (shipping)

Quote Originally Posted by domp444 View Post
    Not sure where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong thread.

I've got a 50" Marblehead sailboat, with a really nice planked hull which I put together myself. The deck, though, was done by someone else and I don't like it. I would like to know if there is someone in the NY area that can make me a new deck and fix the boat up. I'd like it to be out of wood, and better match my hull. I'd also like new fittings installed on it, so someone with knowledge on the subject would be great.

Thanks,
    Dominick

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_89/tt.htm
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Thanks guys! I'll try RC Universe. I bet the guy in Australia is great at this, but it's gonna be at least a 56" long package, haha, so shipping won't be cheap... plus building costs.

I'll let you know if I find someone and I'll post pics when it's done :)
    SV27 w/ Ammo 2300 / Stock ESC || Pursuit w/ Leopard 4074 2200kv / SeaKing 120a ESC || MHZ Drambuie on Ice w/ 2x Schulze 4.160wk's / 2x Neu 2215 1.5y's

Contact the AMYA www.theAMYA.org, look for a club in your area. I could do a teak deck for you, but I'm in MA Larry
    America home of the free, thanks to the brave [/url]

Boomer here is a sail boat nut and has alot of knowledge toward them, you may send him a message, he has some really nice boats and may know where to direct you.

I'll try contacting Boomer, I think he also replied to my thread on RCU.

Oh and Larry, would you be able to put all of the hardware in for me as well? A teak deck sounds awesome. I'd love to see what you've done before.

Hey again. I posted on both RCU and RC Groups, and have not been able to find anyone close by to do the deck for me. Bump :)

Bump still looking for someone!

Trace a template of the deck onto cardboard, transfer template to wood, trace on wood, cut wood = new decking.

There is a couple Marblehead related threads on RCGroups. Perhaps maybe make a post there?

Where in NY are you? Look up Vett on RCG He's also on RCU under the same name.
    Fred lives in Mahopac NY (I'm not sure how close that is to you) He does amazing work, Attached are some images of the sailboats he built.

970462-1-7041.jpg 970465-1-8933.jpg kf3.jpg
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm in NYC. Tried contacting Vett but he said he has been away from boats for a while.