Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spartan broke in the box???

Oh yeah.....thats the infamous half moon hack job by traxxas. People who burned up motors and esc's got their boats back from traxxas support with the same hack mod done. They sent me an email with pictures showing me that's how they wanted me to mod it to resolve the issue. It didn't .... they have motor #2 as we speak. (SIGH)
    Run it with the video cam running. I'll be surprised if you make it 5 minutes on 6s without hitting the thermal cutoff or turning it into a smoke bomb.
    Last edited by spartanonfire; 05-10-2011 at 01:31 PM.

I was also thinking about selling all the part's to cover the cost of making the boat fun.
    so far we are at $415.00 in up grades without shipping.
    Are we having fun yet

If you just sell the motor and esc as brand new, you should get enough to cover buying a quality motor and esc. Then the major issues should be resolved and you can go have fun. I finally got my leopard 4082 1600kv yesterday and finished installing it last night with a turnigy 180a esc. Can't wait to get home from work and take it for a run tonight.

I'de keep it if its what your after... the hack traxxass hack job will be ok once you get a real motor and esc for it
    hard to say how much you would get selling the motor and esc
    maybe 50bucks for the motor and 50-60 for the esc
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

So we all agree its better to run what they gave me and see what happens?
    Take it out of the box, charge the battery's they gave me and do a new out of box review

Quote Originally Posted by mrfabrications View Post
    So we all agree its better to run what they gave me and see what happens?
    Take it out of the box, charge the battery's they gave me and do a new out of box review
    Review, uh no!
    just run it with some good lipo batteries till something gives and then upgrade or better yet replace the motor and esc now because the stock we all know they will fail, then run it
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

True why beat a dead horse ( Spartan )

True that!

I went to Traxxas web page and what did i find photo a rudder with a half moon cut.
    I guess this is normal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a factory defect that got by QC. It happens. When I got my venom ekos it came with 2 prop shafts each with a different thread pattern. I found it was easier to just buy another shaft than to send the boat back and pay for shipping. Make sure you remove that piece of styrofoam, it will cause your boat to pull right!

That's just cosmetic . I've tried and tried, and it's still working.... It's safe enough for now...

Quote Originally Posted by mrfabrications View Post
    I went to Traxxas web page and what did i find photo a rudder with a half moon cut.
    I guess this is normal.
    no, that's an update photo for their hack job

What's the half moon job supposed to do?

I've upgraded my cooling system, 2 cooling lines, 1 to esc the other to the motor. Not using the rudder line or stock motor water jacket. Going to a 4 pole motor soon.

It won't do anything just would rather did it myself, but traxxas did it for me at no extra charge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by markster View Post
    What's the half moon job supposed to do?

I've upgraded my cooling system, 2 cooling lines, 1 to esc the other to the motor. Not using the rudder line or stock motor water jacket. Going to a 4 pole motor soon.
    it alows more water volume to get into the system
    but the way I mod my rudders works better, and I don't think traxxass understood what I was trying to tell them, so now we have these jacked looking rudders

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12