Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta Force 35"

Default Delta Force 35"

Well after much thought i finally decided to build my own boat from bare hull, this will be my first fully built boat, my others have just been modifications and power systems, not actually building from a bare hull stand poiunt.

Picked up the hull and hardware from here at OSE.

Going with cc1717, Swordfish 240hv, 6s2p.

Started off by covering the transom with some masking tape and marking out and drilling all the holes for the hardware, wow thats alotof holes!! Ordered the hull with 4" rails pre-installed. Hooked up with a real cool guy who fabbed me up a beatiful motor mount and servo tray, thanks!!

Took it to work today and splashed the top half with a coarse metallic sky blue. was planning on doing a wild paintjob with ice pearl flames and lime green pinstriping borrowed from the scheme on Jesse James' "sturgis special" but after laying the base and realizing theres really not a whole lot of room, i think i'm just gonna paint on the window and lay some pinstriping on it and call it a wrap!, but who knows......

One thing i was dissapointed with was the fitment of the hatch, thinking being a real delta force i imagined it would have fit well, but it didnt' so i had to shave a couple mm's off eaxh side andcontour the front corners better for it to fit better, nothing major though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am currently working on installing the stuffing tube, i have come up with these 2 bulkhead supports, can anyone enlighten me here?? Is this a good idea or no?? Should i use both or maybe just the one closest to the motor?? I also used 2 pieces of stuffing tube so its double walled i put epoxy between them when i stuffed the 7/32" in to the 1/4".

Quote Originally Posted by 6sHyper View Post
    I am currently working on installing the stuffing tube, i have come up with these 2 bulkhead supports, can anyone enlighten me here?? Is this a good idea or no?? Should i use both or maybe just the one closest to the motor?? I also used 2 pieces of stuffing tube so its double walled i put epoxy between them when i stuffed the 7/32" in to the 1/4".

Hey Josh, why did you use 2 pieces instead of one? Just curious.
    ..Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines..56" P.I. Fountain /37"Genesis Cat.-1717/T-180/33" DF Copy-1717/T-180

2 pieces for supports or for the stuffing tube?

Subscribed

Looks nice so far. Make sure you throw all the batts and stuff in it and get your COG close before you mount everything, so you dont end up trying to figure it out after its too late

yeah whats the best cog on these? 30%? i've honestly always wondered what they meant by that, why not just use the distance from the transom?? or is that 30% of the length from the transom? I know i'm newbie here....lol

2 pieces for supports or for the stuffing tube?
    Stuffing tube.....
    ..Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines..56" P.I. Fountain /37"Genesis Cat.-1717/T-180/33" DF Copy-1717/T-180

well this is my proposed layout

Quote Originally Posted by b.mcdaniel.2009 View Post
    Stuffing tube.....
    just figured for the extra strength it wouldn't hurt, that way less chance of it flexing under pressure

Looks good!

yeah whats the best cog on these? 30%? i've honestly always wondered what they meant by that, why not just use the distance from the transom?? or is that 30% of the length from the transom? I know i'm newbie here....lol
    The center of gravity should be 30 percent from the transom. So, a 30 inch boat should be around 9-9.5 inches from the back(ballpark). Pick the boat up with a finger on each side and shift things around until you get there. It really is a guideline not a hard fast rule.

Dowl rod method for the cg. Easy and very accurate.

Very nice so far............................
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Looks very nice.........clean layout. You can expect 60+ with an x450...................
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Looks very nice.........clean layout. You can expect 60+ with an x450...................
    Yes, thats my goal! going to start with an x646. I have lots of props to try, but no x450. closest i have as an x448. I think the extra pitch will possibly get me a bit more speed. I also have a couple 3 blades i might try.

Yes, thats my goal! going to start with an x646. I have lots of props to try, but no x450. closest i have as an x448. I think the extra pitch will possibly get me a bit more speed. I also have a couple 3 blades i might try.
    The x448 IMO is way to small for this hull and power setup...Stay with the x646 for your starting prop....I bet you end up running something around the X648 range, thats If you decided to stay with the X6 series.

looks nice..

Starting with the x646 Brad!! Gonna head out for maiden here in a bit just gotta solder up the esc connectors! Check it out I have my cog at about 29%, Set my trim tabs parralel to hull to start, i'm very happy with everything so far.

my buddy mike has this boat with a 1717 and a t180 and a x646 and hits 61 / 62 mph and turns on a dime handles very well to in choppy water

looks good, don't forget the video camera!!

All by myself Milzee or i would film it!! its all ready, just getting ready to head out the door to the lake!!

As you may notice i had to notch the rudder bracket to allow room for the trim tab adjusting screw, also theres an rx pack under the GPS if you guys were wondering.

Have a good run!!

Starting with the x646 Brad!! Gonna head out for maiden here in a bit just gotta solder up the esc connectors! Check it out I have my cog at about 29%, Set my trim tabs parralel to hull to start, i'm very happy with everything so far.
    Very nice. Im glad you decided to build your own, it looks like you did a great job and this boat will mean more to you than others have.

Did you mount your trim tabs a bit higher than the bottom of the hull (1/8" or so)? I can't tell in the pics...They will cause a lot of extra drag if theyre down too far (Flush).

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Very nice. Im glad you decided to build your own, it looks like you did a great job and this boat will mean more to you than others have.

Did you mount your trim tabs a bit higher than the bottom of the hull (1/8" or so)? I can't tell in the pics...They will cause a lot of extra drag if theyre down too far (Flush).
    yes i mounted them up about an 1/8", but none the less the maiden was a NIGHTMARE!! Boat was running really lose, must need some sort of trim tab adjustment or stinger angle. it was really easy to blow over, I did a spin of about 3 360's and ended up bending one of the turn fins!! Also broke the steering rod off the rudder. Fixed that put the eagle tree in so i could get some readings and had a brutal crash the hatch came off and the boat immediately sunk and thank god i put in flotation the nose stuck straight up about 12" of the nose sticking out of the water. As soon as it happened an old woman that lived on the lake with a boat and 2 canoes i might add came out of her house yelling at me laughing saying "hahaha serves you right killing ducks and little kids!" I'm not sure wtf she was talking about as there was not a duck in sight and certainly no kids!!! there were a couple older fellas watching me and they were shocked the old hag had an issue, only thing i can think of is she thought it was gas?? who knows but i certainly was asking to borrow her canoe!! LOL

the hatch floated for about 5 mins and then went under, about 30 mins later a guy came back to the launch ffom fishing in his tin tin with a minnkota and he grabbed the boat for me. The forerunner gps was still working!! rx light was flashing red. Anyways $150 JrZ900t servo, $250 sf240 esc, and my eagle tree logger could possibly all be toast, fingers crossed they are ok. I took everything apart and blew dry with hair dryer and layed out on a towel, i removed the clear shrink wrap form the esc and eagle tree. I might put them in to a bag of oats overnight. Yes oats!! My friend taught me that one with cellphones that got submerged after going swimming with them in the pocket. Works like a charm apparently.

Couple pics.............. Anyone know where i can get a new hatch??

As soon as it happened an old woman that lived on the lake with a boat and 2 canoes i might add came out of her house yelling at me laughing saying "hahaha serves you right killing ducks and little kids!" I'm not sure wtf she was talking about as there was not a duck in sight and certainly no kids!!! there were a couple older fellas watching me and they were shocked the old hag had an issue, only thing i can think of is she thought it was gas?? who knows but i certainly was asking to borrow her canoe!! LOL

I mean thats funny but not really....Everyone stops and asks me if my boats are gas to LOL.

I might put them in to a bag of oats overnight. Yes oats!! My friend taught me that one with cellphones that got submerged after going swimming with them in the pocket. Works like a charm apparently.
    Or rice.......and just

Man.......that sucks..............thank goodness for flotation! It all comes with the territory as im sure you are aware. Better luck on your next run.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

yeah sorta funny i guess, but you know what would be even funnier?? if i paid some young punks to go egg her house!! ahahahaha, no i wouldn't do that. It just drives me nuts that some people have an issue with it, its pathetic really, like last weekend at 130 in the afternoon i was running the vanquish and some dude across the lake was yelling at me " go away its too loud" i couldn't believe it, 130pm on a saturday?? buddy cutting his grass with the lawnmower was making more noise!! i think its just the people who cant stand watching someone else enjoy themselves, idk, i told that guy to call the cops! I would have loved to chat with the cops about it, i'm sure they would have gotten a kick out of watching me run the boat!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast