Thread: My New Mini Eco! Set up tips?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My New Mini Eco! Set up tips?

I just received my Mini Eco from Jim over at Minicatracing with my OSE membership discount. The boat came nicely packed with motor and servo installed. The esc came in a plastic bag with decals, instructions for the esc and boat, and a programing card. Once I was done with soldering the deans on the battery leads, I programed the esc for 3s lipo and used low timing and pwm. Programming the throttle range using my DX3S was a pain!! I had to play with the brake travel in order for the esc to recognize the neutral position. Once all was figured out I put a 3s lipo in a headed out. I had the lipo sitting in the middle of the boat up against the flood chamber wall. It was windy out and the boat handled the wake well. It did not self right and I stuffed it many many times; it came back up.

I have made a few adjustments:

1. Added a pine car lead weight to the back of the flood chamber.
    2. I flipped the servo arm around so I could move the lipo back against the transom (see attached pic)
    3. Added some pool noodle foam for added assurance.

The boat handles much better now and it self rights. Sometimes I have to give the throttle a quick kick for it to flip over (which can be fixed with the addition of weight and a vent hole or two on the deck).

The other problem I am having is the boat still stuffs, but only in right turns. The boat spins out on left turns. Is there anybody that can give me a few tips to remedy this? In a straight line the boat seems to be good, but I hear the prop coming out of the water a lot. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images