Thread: chargers and batterys (lipo's)

Default chargers and batterys (lipo's)

ok i was going to order the turnigy 4x6 but there is so many bad reviews on it. and also i was going to order the turnigy 5.0 batterys but then i seen $50 for shipping.

does anyone have any inside for me on a good dual charger and batterys?

not trying to get out of this for cheap but that just seems like a really good deal

so those are all good for my bj26?

Quote Originally Posted by macerov91 View Post
    so those are all good for my bj26?
    Yes they will work. Gens Ace have a good following and reputation. I just ordered those exact batts last week. Am going to do some testing on those vs some turnigy batts.

The battery charger (or any multi-pack charging) requires a beefy power supply or marine battery to power.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

oh so the 4 battery chargers need a power supply? so i should prob just buy a dual or single charger?

sorry i'm a first timer on all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by macerov91 View Post
    oh so the 4 battery chargers need a power supply? so i should prob just buy a dual or single charger?

sorry i'm a first timer on all of this?
    Yes that is correct. Even the dual chargers will need a power supply. The majority of the plug in 115vac chargers are only rated at 50w. There is a whole section on this forum dedicated for chargers and batteries. The more watts the charger and supply is capable of the better. This thread can help explain wattage a little better. Just read through it a little https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=22286 it's not a long thread.

No need to be sorry, we all have to start somewhere.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

If you're on a budget like most of us but still want a quality charger, I'd suggest the Thunder AC6 Smart Charger/Discharger from www.hobbypartz.com . I have two of them. Personally, I don't believe you can find a better LiPo charger for under 50 bucks. The only downside being they charge one battery at a time.