Thread: New Stiletto

Default New Stiletto

Gus, just boyght me a New Stilettoand ordered a DX3E radio. Bought two Pro Boat Nicad 5100mah packs just to get me going.

I plan on buying a few of the Hobby King batteries, what do you guys recommend? Also, what's a good prop to run?

Any recommendations I should do before I get it wet

look under darin's stiletto race prep thread for prop etc...it seems to have all of your answers for ya.....i ran 2 5000ma 2 cells in mine but one 4 cell will work just as well ....i keep mine to 5k ma usually...oh ya,,,most hk batteries have the 5.5 conectors on them so beware of what you order......
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Thanks Ron. Thinking for props:
    X642
    Grim 40X52/3
    Octura 440/3 back cut .030" pitched up slightly(Darin Jordan)

Next will be trying to get a Pro Boat programing card, everyone is BO. Then some LiPo batteries. Change connectors to 5.5 bullets.

Should I upgrade my flex cable, if so what size do I need? Need some Grim cable grease and hatch tape. Been reading up on this here.

Just took the Steletto out of the box Wow it is super looking and the fit and finish is awesome

The Spectrum Marine rx that comes with the kit has two antennas. So, do I put the longer of the two in the antenna tube and the other coil up in the radio box

Have my NiMH 5100's charging. The LHS will have my DX3E in this week. I can bind the rx to the tx and get the cables set up. Also set the drive unit to specs.

I will be ordering some LiPos and a prop. Gonna try to P/B/S my own propas Chuck is weeks behind, I need one soon

Quote Originally Posted by racer66 View Post
    Gonna try to P/B/S my own propas Chuck is weeks behind, I need one soon
    Don't polish the prop. Take it from a nitro guy. Looks pretty but it is time wasted. An unpolished prop will be faster.
    Current IMPBA P-O/B Tunnel SAW record holder with avg time of 3.358 seconds @ 67.004 MPH.
    Owner Worlds fastest record setting Lynx with average time of 3.287 seconds @ 68.451 MPH.

Smocktura Props!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by racer66 View Post
    Just took the Steletto out of the box Wow it is super looking and the fit and finish is awesome

The Spectrum Marine rx that comes with the kit has two antennas. So, do I put the longer of the two in the antenna tube and the other coil up in the radio box

Have my NiMH 5100's charging. The LHS will have my DX3E in this week. I can bind the rx to the tx and get the cables set up. Also set the drive unit to specs.

I will be ordering some LiPos and a prop. Gonna try to P/B/S my own propas Chuck is weeks behind, I need one soon
    The longer antenna goes up the tube and you can coil the shorter one inside of the radio box. Be sure to reseal the radio box with waterproof tape.

Mark

i will suggest a prather 220 prop s/b then tune your boat to your style of driving, becareful they are tricky boats to get used to don't think ur gonna just go to the lake and drive it fast u will have to learn how to drive this boat, do not try to pih the throttle and expect it to corner at the same speed if try this i promise you will get frustrated with it as it will turn turtle or hook and spin out everytime, in the first 5 days i had mine 3 times i went out and ended upside down, take ur time learn the boat then try for max speed. As darin said to another person outta the box its more than fast enough for someone new into the hobby.

i have found that hyperformance products flex cables work great if u ring them and ask for the cable with the black stripe around it they will know what u want, while on the phone get one of his prop assemblies too