Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio Range

Hi guys, the 2400mah and 2200mah are made by racers edge the 1500mah is a duratrax.Both the 2200mah and 1500mah are like a month or two old the 2400 is 2yrs old.The battery charger is a brand new dynamite prophet plus with LCD screen it seemed to charge the 2400 twice i got 8 min runs which i figure isnit bad for an old battery.The charger features are voltmeter,ammeter, and mah capacity.One thing i did notice that seemed weird, the directions with the charger said to plug the charger into the wall and then hook up the battery.When i did this i noticed a small spark at the connector when hooked up with the charger pluged into the wall first.If i hook up the battery first then plug the charger into the wall there is no arc, spark.Could this spark possibly feed back into the charger causing false peaks and set the charger in some defalt mode?I have checked the fuses and the look good.I bought some new better quality fuses of the same amp and are trying them now.I have another charger also that i used for years and it worked fine it is a hobbico 900 15min timer charger.I had just woke my blast up in october after a year and a half without running tried my hobbico and it did not seem to work so i bought the prophet plus,the 2 new battery packs sure that this would solve the problem but after months i am still having the same battery problems. I don't get it!! Thank you both for trying to help me out!!!

I get a spark w/ my triton when I hook up my packs, does not seem to hurt anything. your problem stem from the (comparitively) high resistance inherent to the tamiya connectors. they will cause your charger to report high Mah values in charging and to 'false peak'(stop charging early). many of your battery woes should go away when you switch to a better connectors(for one thing the tamiya conn.s are only rated to 12-15amps)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12