Thread: Leaking bad

Default Leaking bad

Was running today and after about a minute i noticed the right sponson was digging in ALOT, atfirst i thought my battery had shifted but when i brought it in i noticed alot of water in there, So i drained the water and sent it out again same thing. Pull it out and pull the flex cable and put a peice of water cooling hose over the stuffing tube and shaft, try again and the same thing. Bring it in, epoxy anything i could think of that was letting any water in. Try running again, still alot of water. I havnt greased the shaft yet (ran about 40-50 mininutes), but this seems like alot of water to be comming up the shaft.. Heres a video of what im talking about (yes, the hatch is off but i got the same amount of water as with the hatch on (not taped):
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Boatboy6.../0/iQt-VtlWmD4

Any ideas, i ordered grease the other day so it should be in later this week, when i get it in ill lube it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seacraftarioch View Post
    Was running today and after about a minute i noticed the right sponson was digging in ALOT, atfirst i thought my battery had shifted but when i brought it in i noticed alot of water in there, So i drained the water and sent it out again same thing. Pull it out and pull the flex cable and put a peice of water cooling hose over the stuffing tube and shaft, try again and the same thing. Bring it in, epoxy anything i could think of that was letting any water in. Try running again, still alot of water. I havnt greased the shaft yet (ran about 40-50 mininutes), but this seems like alot of water to be comming up the shaft.. Heres a video of what im talking about (yes, the hatch is off but i got the same amount of water as with the hatch on (not taped):

Any ideas, i ordered grease the other day so it should be in later this week, when i get it in ill lube it up.
    try the bath tub test and see where the water is coming in

nothing come in when its just sitting or idling, but ill fill up the tub, let it sit and see if anything happens.

check for leaks in the cooling lines

nothing come in when its just sitting or idling, but ill fill up the tub, let it sit and see if anything happens.
    the trick to the tub test is u have to push the boat down in the water to add water pressure..with the canopy offf.push down on the boat until the point water could enter into the canopy..

tried bolth, only water that got in was when i pushed the boat down to far

must be a leak on your cooling lines/tubes..remove the tube on ur water inlet and blow through it and see what happens ...

there is your problem right there, I had the the same thing, taped it up and was good to go.

That basically what I did. I took a cup full of water in my mouth, took off the water outlet tube, blew the air out and then blocked the inlet and put pressure and checked for leaks, and there were none. I really hope I turn out to be needing to lube the shaft because I've done everything I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post

there is your problem right there, I had the the same thing, taped it up and was good to go.
    Yes, but I was running dry the other day and the hatch wasn't taped and it was dry, and it was rougher that day

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post

yeah make sure you grease the shaft with grims grease or equivalent before u re tub test and u have checked the cooling tubes..it has to be one or the other ..

I ordered the proboat marine grease gun from Ose, should have it around wednesday, I'll let you guys know how it goes when I grease it up

Id bet its coming up the shaft. Its amazing what water will do at speed and when forced. I grease every other run, so every 4 to 8 minutes. Not 45 to 50 minutes. Even at 4 minutes, most of the grease has moved and slung around. I use Grim Grease. You can also try a piece of shrink tube over the connection between the strut and the stuffing tube. Thats a good place water like to sneak in. Or at least, in the vid, it seams like it was the new BJ26 hardware, not the old.

Id bet the grease alone will solve your problem.

Yah i had that problem too i had to put shrink wrap on my prop shaft at the stuffing tube. The twisted cable was acting like a pump and forcing water past my fuel tubing inside the hull. Also grease your prop shaft often.