Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Koblitz View Post
    Does it seem like it's cavitating or does it seem like a punch control type of setting on the esc?
    ok i assume its cavitating , thanks for the enlightment .... dale
    ~known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

Well, then it's allmost certainly a prop issue!

ran her on a plastic 2 blade prop and was sweet enuf for me , poor vid tho , got some construction workers near by to help me shoot it from my cam phone .lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5nEiAroBP4

What motor and prop were you using? She looks pretty fast!

Wow, must have got your ammo back huh? That's not stock unless that vid is edited by the looks of it. There's no cavitation anymore! 2 blade props usually jump out of the water quicker. Hops out a lot faster then that 3 blade grim prop I bet. Looks great that thing flys for a SV. So is it the ammo and the hydra 120? What size prop? You say it's carbun fiber or CF right or is it really plastic? Do you have a gps? I bet she's going 45mphish. Your running smc 2s lipo's right? Refresh my memory! What did you think of that tunnel I sent you the lnk for, The FE TS2 with SV power? That would be a pretty good deal for a trade streight up for an SV. I'de probably do it but I just got my SV for x-mas and haven't got to run it yet since it's been like 10 to 20 degrees -0 here ever since I got it allmost and all the water is solid.

to be very honest with u guys , theres no editing to the vid , im running a humble 5000mah 2s x2 , on a plastic 2 blade prop and the rest r all stock condition , not even a hydra 120 on my boat yet , prop size is 45 if not mistaken , too many props with me to play with , got a unknown brand and its cheap here , but after the run she was all hottttttttttttttttttttttttt , one of my lipo`s slightly bloated tho , but i enjoyed it much lol. 38 secs and 1 min 50 secs , she when fast at full throttle
    from still , after that didnt push her much

my li po is blaoted after running her today, but its only one of the pack thats bloated, what can be the issue?

That one was jut the weaker pack so it gave up. Electric boats allways find the weak spot. What size prop are you running? How many runs aproximately are on those lipo's? I'm surprised the stock system would do that to a good lipo unless you were running to much prop on there. Maybe that is why your boat seemed to be going so good in the vidio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Koblitz View Post
    That one was jut the weaker pack so it gave up. Electric boats allways find the weak spot. What size prop are you running? How many runs aproximately are on those lipo's? I'm surprised the stock system would do that to a good lipo unless you were running to much prop on there. Maybe that is why your boat seemed to be going so good in the vidio.
    im guessing its a 45 on props , got it from a no brand prop ,
    my lipos r less than 12 cycles , does that means i cant use that pack anymore ??? its still boated after few hours .... sigh~ but nevertheless i was happy with the speed she gave me . hehehehe, she was stable too due to gd CG . now my local guys r asking if im gonna sell my sv ..... kekekekee,

Looks like you have an opportunity to make some money and build up some competion!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

wouldn't use that bloated lipo unless you want see some smoke and flames lol, the manafacturer may replace it if it's only 12 cycles old. how much did you pay for the lipo's?

Quote Originally Posted by Apples1 View Post
    wouldn't use that bloated lipo unless you want see some smoke and flames lol, the manafacturer may replace it if it's only 12 cycles old. how much did you pay for the lipo's?
    well i paid bout $180 sing dollars, now my boat be in the yard for awhile i guess .....

got a free replacement batt for free cuase it was less than 10 cycles , but im a little down becuase of the small boating community in where i live in and so the action is very limited or to even gather rc boaters down for a fun run .. and my sv is doing good with the speeds tho....

Maybe try a smaller prop to begin with when you get your new lipo and watch temps. Make sure there's no binding with the flex drive because if your puffing up a 5000hv 20c lipo your probably drawing 100 amps or better unless you just had a bad pack. Is the stuff tube alligned with the motor shaft? I would start with a 40 or 42mm prop because it will put less of a load on everything including the packs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12