Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

Default newbie

hi guys im from singapore and just got hold of my first sv27 , yet to run it , still charging my batts , im on 5000mah 2s lipo`s and stell 40 mm prop, yet to check how fast she`s gonna run for me . any advice for a new boater from the experts??? everything alse is in stock condition

Tape The Hatch

ditto~ will get those thin sized double sided tape than before i run her in waters ~

Guess depends on what you received as they are all a little differently assembled? Check the drive line (cable) that it's not binding, mine was more that what I felt was appropriate. After disconnecting the coupler and re-adjusting with different cable, now it's much much more free than initially received. You should not need to change the cable, but check for binding. Also, check all the screws on the back, some may not be screwed in all the way. Some of mine were not. Not that it should be bad, but maybe try the ESC and servo out to make sure it all is working before you go hit the water? Note: don't run the motor out of the water at full throttle if you plan to test that. Just checking the steering and it would not hurt if you have a volt meter check the motor output lines from the ESC they have voltage.

Hmmmm........what else? Can't think of anything more as yet.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-24-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Remove hardware and silicone everything. Coat all wood inside with a light coat of epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by kin View Post
    ditto~ will get those thin sized double sided tape than before i run her in waters ~
    DO NOT USE DOUBLE SIDED TAPE TO SEAL THE HATCH
    Use Hockey or electrical tape. I use Electrical tape and it has worked well, except in colder temperatures.

Do a pressure test on the cooling system. Mine was leaking through the threads of the brass outlets on the speed control. Sealed them with thread lock. Also move the antenna to a new mounting spot on the rear deck of the boat and seal up the original hole.

Cut away stock battery location and put velcro on each side,it will help you find a good COG
    S.S.R.C-Southern Style Radio Control

thanks guys for all the advice given , appreciate it much~ i ran her today and boy or boy she was fast on stock set ups , my estimation speed is around 60+ km/h on lipos , she tend to bop alittle on the bow tho , but nevertheless it was just mind blowing to run her fast , motor was hot after a 7mins run , no major leaks tho , got her sealed up pretty well , got back and broke the the smaller wood that kept the batts from sliding and have moved the batt slightly infront than the normal location , hope the bow doesnt bop much with this CG position , and is a 3 blade grim racer brass prop be a good change from the sotck one ?
    or any other suggestions on prop ? i`m loving my sv now , she sits right infront of me on my desk ,,,,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Octura x or m 442 or 642 are suppose to be just about right for the stock system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Koblitz View Post
    Octura x or m 442 or 642 are suppose to be just about right for the stock system.
    from where i am the boating scene is small unlike for helis , so spares r limited , cant get octura unless bought online , only prather or grim racer, any advice on thos props ? and my bow tends to bop alot at high speed , any solutions?

I've heard the prather 220 works well on there. As far as the cavitation goes try putting the trim-tabs down a little or tucking the rudder up under the transom.

have moved forward the batt packs but still getting the bow hopping much , and have no idea how and which bolts to unscrew to adjust the rudder and strut settings , any suggestions n help be appreciated here , thanks in advance ~

got a idiot question to ask , does the stock esc has low voltage cut off?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    thanks bill~ im sticking to the stock condition set ups for now and move ard the batt packs for better cg and take it from there as for now

It does have a low volt cut off but I'm not sure what it's set at. I think I heard it was set just a little low to rely on it for 4s lipo's. Thats what I heard anyway. I wouldn't whant to chance it with a couple hundred dollars worth of lipo's. I'de get a 4s low volt cut-off like the ones Novak sells.

Wink

It does have a low volt cut off but I'm not sure what it's set at. I think I heard it was set just a little low to rely on it for 4s lipo's. Thats what I heard anyway. I wouldn't whant to chance it with a couple hundred dollars worth of lipo's. I'de get a 4s low volt cut-off like the ones Novak sells.
    ok but im sure the lvc will work just fine as stock and as long we dun run it deep to hurt the lipos , thanks for the info... just had a run with her , SWWWEEEEEEEETT.

plan to run my sv in few hours time, have brought my rudder slightly to the stern in , hope to get her plane well with my new cg , hope all turns well for me very excited , 15 mins walk to my lake
    cant wait

Post some videos and some speed readings. We love to see what you come up with.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Post some videos and some speed readings. We love to see what you come up with.
    would love to , but am gonna run it alone and no one ard to help me with the video tho , might just snap some pics on my on n post it tho. and as for speed readings , no gadget onboard yet to do speed readings just yet ,

plan to go full throttle this time , if all hells break loose and if she over turns , i got to get wet to retrive her lol
    , lake has some daunting stories of snakes swimming across at times and huge monitor lizards too lol . dun wish to encounter those guys for now hahaha wish me luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Good Luck and send us those pics.

had a sweet run with her and she planed well ,, sorry no pics or videos to post yet , was all alone enjoying my sv ~ kekekeke

realised after tucking in my rudder makes the boat very stable with gd CG but lost of speed tho , need more fine tuning next time she goes for a ride~

Yes, you need to find the sweet spot with stability and speed. You will sacrifice some speed to keep her planted but not a lot once she's set up just right. Don't forget you also have trim-tabs and a strut to adjust. But unless you have the adjustable trim tabs I reccomend taking them off to bend them and do it in very small increments. Remember a very small adjustment will make a big difference even on the strut and rudder angles. Even 1 degree makes a huge difference, also the water conditions have a big impact on performance

Yes, you need to find the sweet spot with stability and speed. You will sacrifice some speed to keep her planted but not a lot once she's set up just right. Don't forget you also have trim-tabs and a strut to adjust. But unless you have the adjustable trim tabs I reccomend taking them off to bend them and do it in very small increments. Remember a very small adjustment will make a big difference even on the strut and rudder angles. Even 1 degree makes a huge difference, also the water conditions have a big impact on performance
    yup yup i agree~ gonna trim the rudder back alittle to get my speed back and gonna bend the trim plates down alittle more , keeping the strut more neutral .

hi guys ~ ran my sv today with the GR prop 40x52/3 sharpened . rudder was away from stern and CG was almost perfect for a good plane. but realised when i full throttle from start she takes almost 2 to 3 secs to get full power in , any idea why ? and my tubings r all clear of kinks and yet i see driplets than constant flow out the hull too . experts on sv r free to comment and advice ...
    appreciate it ~

Do you mean to get on plane like cavitation or is there a electrical hesitation from the esc to motor when you pull the throttle? Are you running the stock system now? Have you taken the motor jacket off and checked to make sure all the holes are free from excess silicone? I had to cut a bunch of little pieces out of mine. Also is the drips while taking left turns and the stream on right and streight aways? Because of the rudder intake being on the right side and this being a race boat meant for right hand turns the pick-up works much better turning right. Oh, but have a seperate pick-up on the bottom of the transom don't you? I also board all the hose connectors out with a larger dia. drill bit along with my rudder pick-up? You can check each part seperately with a turkey baster by taking the tubes off and flushing water through each section to find the problem area!
    Last edited by Dale Koblitz; 02-10-2008 at 12:32 AM.

Do you mean to get on plane like cavitation or is there a electrical hesitation from the esc to motor when you pull the throttle? Are you running the stock system now? Have you taken the motor jacket off and checked to make sure all the holes are free from excess silicone? I had to cut a bunch of little pieces out of mine. Also is the drips while taking left turns and the stream on right and streight aways? Because of the rudder intake being on the right side and this being a race boat meant for right hand turns the pick-up works much better turning right. Oh, but have a seperate pick-up on the bottom of the transom don't you? I also board all the hose connectors out with a larger dia. drill bit along with my rudder pick-up? You can check each part seperately with a turkey baster by taking the tubes off and flushing water through each section to find the problem area!
    cooling system solved , got water coming out smooth now , but i still dun get the punch when i full throttle till bout 2 -3 secs , it moves off slow than full power in . from stop to moving off in full throttle is what im refering to , when i fully throttle her , she takes some secs to get going .
    ~known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

Does it seem like it's cavitating or does it seem like a punch control type of setting on the esc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast