Thread: BJ26 speed

Default BJ26 speed

How fast are the BJ26 hulls with hot single drive set ups? I'm curious to know what you all have found its limits to be, lets here how fast and what the set up is.

Thanks

I think mudl hit 80, or close to, but that was on twins. Hes got vids of it on the forum/ youtube.

I kept mine stock b/c I think its a blast to run w/ other stockers and really drive these things. Ive got 43mph w/ cool running and a slightly modded X642.

Where are you in Fl?

I'm in Jacksonville, how bout you?

Bout 45-50 on a 1512 1800 aq star 120 and a x445

53 on stock motor/esc...got 3674 1700kv w/seaking 180 on the way! i'll let you know if i can pick up any more mph.

I found a new blackjack 26 for 229.99 @ my local hobby shop. How fast are they out of the box on 4S? Do they come with Lipo cut-off?

Im not sure how fast they go bone stock on 4s. Im guessing 28-32 range? the esc does have lipo protection but you will need the little programer card...they'er pretty cheep. You will want a x642 prop to realy make it go...I ran mine on 6s for a bit and got mid 50s! i almost smoaked my esc doing this but...f-it. also lowering the batteries down in the hull will help you from swimming after it so much! they love to get sun on there bellys. Love mine now she is setup to handle 6s and for that price you cant go wrong!

P.S. My fastest run so far on my new setup was 57.5mph with 11.75 timming...I looked at my old post and saw that i forgot to give an update. woops!

how do you lower the batteries down in the hull? I'm really thinkin about getting this boat today. I wonder if it would live awhile on 5s?

It will do very well on 5s I ran 6s for 20 or so runs before my caps puffed. But one of the best modds i made to mine was gutting all the wood and mounting the esc with velcro to the fiberglass hull and getting rid of that plastic tuper wear thing! The esc is water proof! just mount your batteries with 3m velcro down in the sponsons and put your radio in a balloon with ziptie. shedding that extra weight and getting the weight that you cant remove as low as you can will make it handle much better! This is a great boat for the price but needs some work to get it were it should be...also consider going with the ss hardwear. Its a big modd but will make this boat turn very well. You can look up my Boat from stock to not stock on my youtube. "DangerDad828" I recomend you run it stock for a few runs. Then modd the crap out of it and have fun!