Thread: Looks like proboat has moved in the rite direction with the 2.4g version

Default Looks like proboat has moved in the rite direction with the 2.4g version

My 2.4g version of the blackjack came in yesterday and i was pleasantly supprised when i took it out of the box and there was a strut and an offset rudder on it insted of the plastic steerable outdrive. Does anyone know when they changed to this setup? Heres a pic of the setup:

and heres a video of it running on 2 4500mah nimh's after removing the turnfins and changing the plugs, im very happy with it and plan on getting some lipos soon

http://www.youtube.com/user/Boatboy6.../0/UNUhOM0Shug

hey thats cool. nice they finally did that

I think they should team up with your hatch. I was kind of looking at proboats site and every comes with the 2.4 now, even the sale boat and prices are not different ether, the appacie is 2.4 and still sells for $159, great job proboat.

I decided to keep my BJ all ready to run it, spartan is not as fun as I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    I decided to keep my BJ all ready to run it, spartan is not as fun as I thought it would be.
    That a boy. I saw it on the bay, made me a little sad

Still one of my favorite boats to date to run.

And its time to update some pics https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...hp?albumid=331

I have not given up on the spartan just can't seem to get speed out of it.

This weekend I'll get some water shots, this will have to work for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Seacraftarioch View Post
    My 2.4g version of the blackjack came in yesterday and i was pleasantly supprised when i took it out of the box and there was a strut and an offset rudder on it insted of the plastic steerable outdrive. Does anyone know when they changed to this setup? Heres a pic of the setup:

and heres a video of it running on 2 4500mah nimh's after removing the turnfins and changing the plugs, im very happy with it and plan on getting some lipos soon

http://www.youtube.com/user/Boatboy6.../0/UNUhOM0Shug

Round of applause to the boys at PB for moving in the right direction with this one....

BJ number 3 maybe for me
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Looks like you can get all the new style drive and rudder setup parts on pro boats site. What do yall think about upgrading to this new style from the current plastic setup?

Quote Originally Posted by chevy9534 View Post
    Looks like you can get all the new style drive and rudder setup parts on pro boats site. What do yall think about upgrading to this new style from the current plastic setup?
    I think it would be a great improvement. A few members had installed the Nitro set up which Im sure is this exact hardware, just black instead of red, and had great success. I say go for it! I was actually going to get just a new hull so I can have the factory paint scheme again for one of the hatches, but with the improvememnts BP has made, I may just get a whole new 2.4 boat.

Ran a quick pack in mine on the way to work, man I am glad I did not sell this boat!

glad they didn't try to throw the in-line rudder setup from the geico on there!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    Ran a quick pack in mine on the way to work, man I am glad I did not sell this boat!
    I almost bought it lol

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    glad they didn't try to throw the in-line rudder setup from the geico on there!
    Why? There are a bunch of blackjAcks out there and running great with inline strut systems.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Why? There are a bunch of blackjAcks out there and running great with inline strut systems.
    Hell... the MG runs fine with the inline strut system... Can't continually blame lack of tuning prowess on the design of the hardware, dude...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Nice videos... I think I just might buy the strut brace and move my rudder over to offset it...
    Also I see the new blackjack does not come with turn fins... I guess with offseting the rudder makes it more stable....
    Joe

Sorry I stand corrected the bj still comes with turn fins...
    Tiqueman your bj looks real good ... I will be ordering a lid from you in the next week or two..
    Joe