Thread: full throttle cut out

Default full throttle cut out

My issue is that when I try to go over 2/3 throttle the boat dies . let sit for a sec and go again and once again it does it . Over and over I use venom 5000mah 7.2v batteries. I have also reprogrammed it to : low on the voltage cutt off , idle on the cut off type , brake off , timing low , and linear on the throttle curve . Am i doing a wrong setup ? anyhelp would be nice . thanks I should also say the boat is a proboat bj 26 brushless . stock esc and motor

Your batteries are junk. Try brand new ones. I went thru it with my elam

These are new , used less them 3 times

Hmm... Well I still wouldn't trust them. Venoms aren't great, and brushless boats are extremely hard on Nimh batteries. Maybe I'm wrong but I went thru the same problem with my Elam. Would never let me get up to full throttle before it would cut out. Then I would wait a few seconds and try again and same thing.

You shouldn't have any voltage cutoff with Nimh packs

so does that mean to put it high or low on the programming card

You can't turn it off? I guess low. It's been so long since I've used that stuff. Someone else will chime in... I hope

I also use duratrx 5000mah . besides the original question , what batts do you recommend

If you use Nimh mode on you're program card it should disable the lvc automatically. Not sure tho. Have you run these packs successfully in that boat already?

neither of the 2

So none of your packs work. You're system requires a high discharge pack. My guess is your packs can't handle the job

can u recommend any?

Does your charger do lipos?

yes , but not intested in lipos

Ok. The proboat packs will do the job... For a little while. But I promise you your boat will kill them after a little while and you'll need new packs. Nimh cells just can't stand up to the demands of brushless power in a boat.

Look for packs that advertise high discharge 25c or higher

Is there a difference between the packs that are side by side like the proboat packs compared to regular ones like the venoms

Not really other than dimensions

who else besides pro boat makes 25c batts like you were talking about

I dunno. It's been so long since I've used them. Traxxas maybe?

Dana is very correct. Even a lot of brand new Nimh packs cant handle the Brushless boat stuff. My neighbor went thru the same thing w/ his brand new BJ26. It worked for the first charge on the stock prop, changed prop and it would not take full throttle.

Lipos, as Dana said, are your best fix and will REALLY wake the boat up. Otherwise, try a smaller prop than the stock. Boat will be slow, but runnable w/ Nimh packs.

Out of curiosity, why are you not interested in Lipos????

* You can and need to turn the lvc to off with the nimh. That function should not be used with nimh.

Select battery type to Ni-MH, when you do that the cut-off voltage and cut-off type should dis-able and not matter what you select. Venom cell are NOTORIOUS for doing what you said, there lipos are the same. The cells they use in there packs are very very poor and can't handle the amp loads in boats. If a batt works good in a FE boat, it's a good pack! Boats are very hard on cells. Dump the venom's for boating, use them in cars or something.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

as far as the lipos , just dont have the money to get into it including a charger i would trust doing it , mine i dont, think there is something wrong with it. unless you know someone that has 2 7.4 v 5000mah minimun of 25c for a good price . just unsure about buying used.

Went through the exact same thing with my BJ26. NOTHING worked until I switched to LiPos. You can do this for very cheap using HobbyKing and going with Turnigy cells. Even 30C packs will probably be cheaper than what venom charged you for garbage Nimh packs. If I hadn't changed to LiPo, I would have stopped RC boating for sure. Well worth the slight upfront cost IMO!
    Andre

Quote Originally Posted by justinspotanske View Post
    as far as the lipos , just dont have the money to get into it including a charger i would trust doing it , mine i dont, think there is something wrong with it. unless you know someone that has 2 7.4 v 5000mah minimun of 25c for a good price . just unsure about buying used.
    Best bang for the buck: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10305
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

A couple of the lipos diesel posted and a new charger would only cost like 10 or 15 bux more than 2 Nimh packs. Those sub c packs have no place in brushless FE boating anymore.

i was looking at the prices at hobby king . cant beat the prices . will a 30c work . I have the stock esc and motor . will it be powerful enough and have good run time without cutting out ? the spec says to use min. of 25c

Yes 30c will work fine. The higher the "c" rating on the battery the better they are for your boat

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1004.html
    i bought 2 of these. they are 23 bucks a piece and they offer free shipping if you spend over $25. then i converted a computer tower power supply to run them. find a old 1 or i bought mine new off ebay for 15 shipped. if interested you can pm me for instructions on the conversion.