Thread: Favorite Car

Default Favorite Car

Yes! this is the off topic question.
    What your favorite car .
    My answer is Mustang GT.
    All answers will be appropriated.

Porsche 917!

Cool

What year? There were a plethora of "Mustang GTs" built and they varied widely in design.

My favorite? 1970 E-body 'Cuda with small block. (Not the AAR version, it was too "boy racer" even for a teenager.)

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

'70 chevelle (finished of course). See avatar.

69 Dodge Charger (working on one right now and no it is not going to be orange with a flag on the roof)
    Last edited by eboat; 04-16-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling

H2O and fluid respectable.....

Come on chevelles and mustangs? Pshh...

Throw me in a Shelby Cobra any day... or a Shelby GT 500.

Me and my father have a 1977 trans AM Firebird... bucaneer red... 4 speed, t tops... everything you could want. Things a beauty. We're looking to build a cobra kit or really build up a Nova.

M3. I'll take speed and luxury over any American metal coffin.

Jaguar XKE 12 cylinder ragtop.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    M3. I'll take speed and luxury over any American metal coffin.
    Can't say a cobra is a metal coffin!

Quote Originally Posted by jac4412 View Post
    H2O and fluid respectable.....

Come on chevelles and mustangs? Pshh...

Throw me in a Shelby Cobra any day... or a Shelby GT 500.

Me and my father have a 1977 trans AM Firebird... bucaneer red... 4 speed, t tops... everything you could want. Things a beauty. We're looking to build a cobra kit or really build up a Nova.
    You dog chevelles and mustangs but talk about building a camaro copy car or a nova.
    I take offense to your comment. I have put a lot of pride and time into my car. You dont have to like what I like, but to say what I have isnt respectable is just disrespectful and ignorant. You can kiss H20 and Fluids asses all you want, but you have some maturing to do.
    Last edited by LarrysDrifter; 04-16-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Austin-Healey 3000....fond memories of this car.

Douggie

Ferrari 599 GTO !
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.

Aaah..The good ol' days. When I was younger, It was Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar. So I built a Pontiac Trans Am. Now its just what gets me around reliably. Sorry Fiat and Yugo! But if I win the Lotto....'71 Pontiac GTO with a 455 HO or a Hurst Olds 442 or a Mercury Cyclon 429 boss or a Chevelle SS 454 LS6 or a BOSS Mustang or a Hemi 'Cuda or a Pantera or a.....
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Lots of favorites, but one that stands out at the moment is the 69 COPO Camaro with aluminum 427 big block...skinny tires...small plain hubcats. The new 2012 ZL1 Camaro is nice also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by detox; 04-16-2011 at 06:37 PM.

I am a car nut... my first car when I was 16 (I am 33 now) was my 1988 Ford Mustang 5.0L Coupe w/5spd Tranny.... boy some good times were had in that car...lol... nowadays I like Chevy and Cadillacs (Have too its how I afford to play with these toys as I am a Sales Manager at a Car Dealership) I also have always been fond of BMW's.... I bought this BMW Convertible 330ci for the old lady to drive this summer... quite fast, very smooth, oh so comfy... and just a very nice car.... this one came with the optional hardtop... I just put the 19" ASA wheels on her... brought it to life quite well.... I have always had a thing for porsche 911/996's too... I need one of them bad...lol.

I guess I'm old

My first car was a 57 Chevy Bel Air with a 64 Corvette 327 and a 4 speed.. Many great memories in that car.

The 1971 - 1973 Transams , I used to own this bad boy but got bored with it , when I sold it the guy brought the money in a brown paper bag.....kind of left me wondering buddy what business you in
    Last edited by Punisher 67; 04-16-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

GTO baby!
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    The 1971 - 1973 Transams , I used to own this bad boy but got bored with it , when I sold it the guy brought the money in a brown paper bag.....kind of left me wondering buddy what business you in
    I had a '75 4 speed. Got stolen twice. Finally donated it to charity..
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by HOTWATER View Post
    GTO baby!
    Love all cars, but I'm having a ton of fun with my modern GTO. Full exhaust, cam, and a blower = some good times. I'd love a classic goat, but couldn't afford to buy one in the condition I'd want
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    You dog chevelles and mustangs but talk about building a camaro copy car or a nova.
    I take offense to your comment. I have put a lot of pride and time into my car. You dont have to like what I like, but to say what I have isnt respectable is just disrespectful and ignorant. You can kiss H20 and Fluids asses all you want, but you have some maturing to do.

Haha come on mate... get off your bum! It was just a joke.... Haven't you ever joked around with a buddy? "Oh that things a boat anchor... nah my paint scheme blows your doors off" There was no offense meant in "pshh"... It's just simply someone throwing in a little poke for fun... if I wanted to offend someone I would have said man your car really sucks... and meant it. As far as I'm concern you can't really tell what my intent was from 'pshh' especially since its really hard to read into a one word comment. On that note I apologize if I offended you... There was no ill intention and like I said... I've got a car and I'm well aware of what goes into it. Time... money... work... love. I'm not stupid.

Again sorry... no ill intent.

But ya cobras rule!
    And for the record practically every car is a copy of another some sort... relax! and sorry.

Im better now. Sorry for being a jackass. I made a bad assumption and I apologize.

1962 IMPALA LOWRIDER

You guys want to talk about hard work and lots of it, just look in a lowrider magazine, there aint no Chips or Boyds doing nothing that compares to the amount of detail put in to top notch lowriders. Love them or hate them every TRUE car guy should respect them!! To each there own, its what makes the owner happy.

see avatar............................ built by me for me and me only..................

66 Nova L-79

Porsche 911 (as it's commonly known) any year, simply the most refined car on the road, never a full re-design in all it's years, just constant tweaking in pursuit of the ultimate driving car.
    Never had any interest in North American pig iron after the mid 50's. Anything can go fast in a straight line given enough power. Real cars turn both left and right as well as stop!
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Wow, Why don't you tell us what you really think...

72 440-six pack GTX

Quote Originally Posted by nomobux View Post
    I guess I'm old
    Ya but old is cool, And nothing is cooler then a Duece!!!

Ferrari F40 for me.

Not as fast or as sophisticated as modern supercars, but I just love them and I'm sure driving one would scare the heck out of me! Saw one at a motor show a few years back on display with an F50 and an Enzo - the newer two just didn't have the same character or mean-ness about them.
    Scott Tapsall
    Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club - Facebook Page
    My Gallery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast